Jun 4, 2010 - by Steve Gerweck
Sunday, July 11th in Hartford, CT
1) The Coach & Garrison Cade vs. Tajiri & Rhyno
Winners: Tajiri & Rhyno
– The match ended when Tajiri sprayed the green mist on Garrison Cade. Rhyno then gave Cade a Gore and Tajiri knocked out The Coach with a big roundhouse kick to get the pin.
– Backstage, Ric Flair, Randy Orton and Batista were all upset with Eugene being involved with Evolution. Triple H walked in and Orton questioned his motives with Eugene. Flair said he respects Triple H, but thinks he has a screw missing and didn’t want to team with Eugene tonight. Batista asked Triple H to inform them of his plan. Triple H was about to tell them when he wondered where Eugene was. Orton said Batista was suppose to watch him. Triple H then went looking for him when he saw Eugene talking with Chris Benoit. He told Eugene that Triple H was just using him to get to the World Heavyweight Title and that he didn’t care about him. Benoit told Eugene to be careful. Triple H was mad at seeing this.
2) Chris Jericho vs. Batista
– The match ended when Batista hit a big sitdown powerbomb on Jericho. When Batista made the cover, Jericho put his leg on the bottom rope, but referee Earl Hebner didn’t see it and counted the 1, 2, 3 to give Batista the win.
– Backstage, Eugene came into Evolution’s locker room and sat down on the couch in a bad mood. Flair told Triple H to take care of him. Triple H asked Eugene what was wrong and he said Chris Benoit talked to him. Triple H said Benoit is a liar and surprised Eugene when he told him everything Benoit said. Triple H asked Eugene that if Benoit really was his friend, then why did he hit you with a chair and punch you? Triple H said he would put an end to Benoit tonight and asked Eugene if he liked that. Eugene agreed and Triple H told him he had a big surprise for him. Flair, who wasn’t excited at all, gave Eugene a blue “Nature Boy” robe to wear to the ring tonight. Eugene did a loud “wooo” and started to strut like Flair. Triple H was happy, but Flair wasn’t.
3) WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
La Resistance vs. Ric Flair & Eugene
Winners via DQ: La Resistance
– During the match, Eugene imitated all of Ric Flair’s moves against both members of La Resistance including chops to the chest, strutting and a figure four. The match ended when La Resistance gave Flair their double-team finisher. Eugene took out Grenier soon after and threw Conway into the corner. When the referee got in Eugene’s face, he shoved him down causing the DQ. After the bell had rung, Eugene gave both members of La Resistance a Stunner, Rock Bottom and People’s Elbow.
4) NO DISQUALIFICATION MATCH
Kane vs. Matt Hardy
Winner: Matt Hardy
– The match ended when Hardy used a steel chair and knocked out Kane who was holding the steel steps that surround the ring. When Hardy connected with the chair shot, the steps fell on Kane and allowed Hardy to get the pin. After the match, Lita tried to talk to Hardy, but he blew her off.
5) WWE INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
Randy Orton (c) vs. Edge
Winner & NEW WWE Intercontinental Champion: Edge
– The match ended up going a solid 26 minutes. Lots of back and forth action between the two, very solid overall. The match concluded when Edge irish whipped Orton into an exposed turnbuckle and hit the Spear to get the 1, 2, 3.
6) #1 CONTENDERSHIP FOR WWE WOMEN’S TITLE
Victoria vs. Molly
Winner & new #1 contender: Victoria
– The match ended when Victoria hit a superkick on Molly for the pin to become the new #1 contender for Trish Stratus’ WWE Women’s Title. It should be noted that Victoria may have injured her shoulder during the match (that or she did a great job of selling).
7) WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
Chris Benoit (c) vs. Triple H
Winner & STILL World Heavyweight Champion: Chris Benoit
– During the match, Triple H hit the Pedigree on Chris Benoit with Eugene at ringside. The referee, who was knocked out of the ring, was helped back in by Eugene. Benoit kicked out when the referee made the pin. Eugene then got the steel chair after Triple H asked him to. Benoit eventually got the chair and knocked out Ric Flair and Batista when they attempted to interfere. With both Benoit and Triple H down, Eugene acted confused if he should help Benoit or Triple H. Benoit tried to grab the chair from Eugene, but he wouldn’t let go. The match ended when Benoit let go the of the chair, allowing Eugene to fall back and knock out Triple H. Benoit rolled up Triple H to get the 1, 2, 3 to retain the World Heavyweight Title. After the match, Eugene seemed upset over what had happened to end the show.
Source: Adam Martin of WrestleView.com
|What did you think of the Vengeance?
Thumbs Up – 24%
Thumbs In the middle – 19%
Thumbs Down – 11%
Didn’t See It – 46%