May 23, 2010 - by Steve Gerweck
Real name: Colby Lopez
Weight: 200 lbs.
Date of birth: May 28, 1986
From: Buffalo, IA
Pro debut: 2005
Trained by: Danny Daniels
Finishing moves: Phoenix Splash, Paroxysm
-Tyler Black’s career starts in 2005 with his local indy promotion, Scott County Wrestling, out of Davenport, Iowa. There he wins the heavyweight title twice and the tag titles once with Shane Hollister.
-In 2006 Black ventured outward working for NWA Midwest where he won the tag team belts with Marek Brave and IWA Mid-South, where he won the light-heavyweight title.
-In October of 2006 Tyler Black appears on TNA Impact teaming with Jeff Luxon and getting squashed by LAX.
-In 2007, with his star rising, he begins working for Full Impact Pro, Pro Wrestling Guerrilla, and appears on MTV’s Wrestling Society X.
-Tyler Black debuts with Ring of Honor as part of the Age of the Fall stable by attacking the Briscoe Brothers with stable mates Necro Butcher and Jimmy Jacobs at their PPV Man Up, taped on September 15, 2007, but airing on November 30th.
-On December 30th, 2007 Tyler Black and Jimmy Jacobs defeat the Briscoe Brothers to win the ROH Tag Team Titles.
-At ROH’s Take No Prisoners PPV, which was taped on March 16, 2008 and aired May 30th, Black won a four corners match against Delirious, Go Shiozaki, and Claudio Castagnoli to earn an ROH World Title shot later that night. Black lost that match against the champ, Nigel McGuiness, but had what was considered a break out star performance that caused the fans to embrace him.
-Black and Jimmy Jacobs win the ROH Tag Team straps for a second time on June 6, 2008 beating Kevin Steen and El Generico in the finals of an 8 team tournament.
-Jimmy Jacobs and Tyler Black win the PWG Tag Team belts beating El Generico and Roderick Strong on July 6th 2008.
-On December 20, 2008, Tyler Black wins the FIP World Heavyweight Title beating Go Shiozaki for the strap.
-On December 27, 2008, during a No. 1 contenders match for the ROH World Title against Austin Aries, Age of the Fall leader Jimmy Jacobs turned on Tyler Black costing him a victory.
-Tyler Black defeats ROH World Champion Nigel McGuiness in a non-title match on January 16, 2009.
-Black wrestles ROH World Champ Nigel McGuiness to a time limit draw on January 17, 2009.
-On June 26, 2009, Black defeats Jimmy Jacobs in a brutal and bloody steel cage match to put their feud to rest.
-October 10, 2009, Black wins ROH’s Survival of the Fittest tournament.
-Black wrestlers ROH World Champ Austin Aries to a 60-minute time limit draw on December 19th, 2009 at ROH’s first live PPV, Final Battle 2009.
-Black captures the ROH World Heavyweight Championship on February 13, 2010 defeating Austin Aries.
-February 19, 2010 Black and Jimmy Jacobs reunite to win the AAW Tag Team Titles.
-At ROH’s Big Bang online PPV on April 3rd 2010 Black retained his ROH World Title by defeating Austin Aries and Roderick Strong in a 3-way elimination match.
– In August 2010, Black agreed to a WWE developmental deal, and changed his ring name to Seth Rollins.
– On March 25, 2010, Rollins and Richie Steamboat captured the FCW (Florida Championship Wrestling) Tag Team titles.
– The Shield (Rollins, Dean Ambrose, and Roman Reigns) formed at the Survivor Series ’12. The group interfered in the main event, a triple threat match between champion CM Punk, John Cena and Ryback for the WWE Championship. They powerbombed Ryback through the announce table, allowing Punk to pin Cena to win the match and retain his title.
– At Wrestlemania 29, The Shield defeated The Big Show, Sheamus, and Randy Orton.
– The Shield (Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns) defeated Team Hell No (Daniel Bryan and Kane) at Extreme Rules ’13 in St. Louis, MO, to capture the WWE Tag Team titles.
– At Payback ’13, The Shield defeated Daniel Bryan and Randy Orton.