Final Resolution (Dec)
Sunday, December 7th in Orlando, FL
Commentators: Mike Tenay & Don West
– The new TNA HD promo hits.
– A video package rolls looking at the war between the Main Event Mafia and the Front Line.
– A graphic opening then hits welcoming us to Final Resolution. We go live to the Impact Zone in Orlando where a series of pyro goes off above the ring and in the entrance area.
– We go to ringside with Mike Tenay and Don West. They plug this is the final TNA PPV of 2008 tonight with so much on the line. Tenay said it is a jam-packed standing room only Impact Zone tonight and rundown the card.
– The show will kick off tonight with the “Feast or Fired” match. Walking out to start the show: Kip James, Sonjay Dutt with SoCal Val, Jimmy Rave, Lance Rock, Alex Shelley, BG James, “Black Machismo” Jay Lethal, Chris Sabin, Consequences Creed, Curry Man, Hernandez, Homicide and Shark Boy.
“Feast or Fired” Match
The bell rings and here we go. BG James goes right after Kip James. Lots of brawling everyone with people attempting to get one of the briefcases. Shark Boy takes out Sonjay Dutt. The Machineguns then double-team Shark Boy. Curry Man is after Jimmy Rave at ringside. Action is all over the place. Shelley chops Curry Man in the ring. Shark Boy and Curry Man send The Machineguns into each other in a double-irish whip. Shark Boy and Curry Man then go for briefcases. BG James pulls Curry Man down. Shark Boy jumps down to help. BG gets tossed out by Curry Man. Dutt throws Curry Man and Shark Boy off. Dutt jumps off the back of Hernandez and goes for a briefcase. Lethal interferes, but Rave knocks both off. Huge spot saw Homicide splash a few wrestlers at ringside over the top rope. Hernandez pulls Rave off the corner and hits a Border Toss over the top rope onto the wrestlers at ringside. Crowd is going crazy for this as Hernandez climbs up and gets the #4 briefcase.
Hernandez has taken Briefcase #4.
BG James goes after Kip James with a few left hands, avoids a big right and goes up top. Shark Boy pulls BG down and hits a Stunner. Shark Boy with a Stunner on Kip. Stunner on Creed. Lance Rock levels Shark Boy with a big boot. Rock takes out Sabin with a german suplex and Shelley with a gorilla press slam. Rock takes out Curry Man and Homicide with a double clothesline. Lethal is up going after a briefcase, but Rave pulls him down. Rave nails Lethal head first off the ring apron. Curry Man is up and Homicide follows. Curry Man headbutts Homicide sending him off. Curry Man gets the #3 briefcase, but needs to get out of the ring. Kip James blocks him, so Curry Man flips off the top rope and lands on the outside.
Curry Man has Briefcase #3.
Rave counters a Lethal Combination taking out Lethal. Kip with a kick and Fameasser to Rave. Shelley kicks Kip and Sabin follows with a missile dropkick off the top rope. Homicide with a spinning neckbreaker on Sabin. Creed with a flipping clothesline on Homicide. Dutt with a running huracanrana on Creed. Lethal with a full nelson suplex on Dutt. Lethal goes up for a briefcase and Homicide crotches him on the top turnbuckle. Homicide with a Gringo Cutter off the top rope on Lethal. Homicide is up and Dutt follows him. Dutt with headbutts as Homicide holds on. Dutt crotches himself on the steel post. Homicide reaches up, stands on Dutt’s back and gets a briefcase. Homicide slides down and has it.
Homicide has Briefcase #1.
There is only one briefcase left. Kip pulls BG out of the ring through the ropes. Dutt springboards over the top and takes out BG and Kip. The Machineguns are taking out Rock with kicks. Shelley goes up top and Rave cuts him off. Sabin gets Rave on his shoulders, Shelley holds on Rave’s head and we see a sliced bread #2 and powerbomb combination on Rave from The Machineguns! Lethal jumps up and Shelley cuts him off. Sabin missile dropkicks Lethal off the shoulders of Shelley. Shelley is now up and Shark Boy pulls him off. Creed goes after Sabin in the other corner. Sabin is sent into Shelley in the corner. Sabin kicks Creed, jumps, kicks Shark Boy and DDT’s Creed. Sabin tells Shelley to go up as he watches his back. Sabin kicks people out of the ring as Shelley is up and gets the briefcase. Shelley hits a few people with the briefcase. The Machineguns hold it up smiling, but they don’t touch the floor. Lethal then springboards off the top rope, grabs the briefcase and rolls out. Lethal gets the briefcase.
“Black Machismo” Jay Lethal has Briefcase #2.
Winners: Hernandez (Briefcase #4), Curry Man (Briefcase #3), Homicide (Briefcase #1) and “Black Machismo” Jay Lethal (Briefcase #2)
After the match, The Machineguns can’t believe it as Jay Lethal celebrates with the other winners at ringside. We then see highlights of the match showing each winner grabbing their respective briefcase.
Jeremy Borash is in the ring with a mic and congratulates all of the winners. Borash said they will open up one briefcase live tonight. Before that, Borash tells them they need to be very clear on what is inside of those briefcases. One of them will walk away with a World Title shot, World Tag Team Title shot, X Division title shot and one will be fired on the spot. Borash said anyone can walk away now and forfeit their briefcase. All four look around and decide to keep them. He said they have randomly picked a number and that individual will open their briefcase now. That number is…2. Jay Lethal has that briefcase and enters the ring. TNA referees walk out and back away The Machineguns who are still in the ring. Alex Shelley continues to argue and Borash tells him to back off. They open the briefcase and inside is a TNA World Tag Team title shot. This upsets The Machineguns even more as Lethal high fives Consequences Creed. Lethal and Creed walk up the ramp and it looks like Creed will be his partner. Shelley again gets in Borash’s face and Borash tells him he can’t control what happened. He tells Shelley he is sick and tired of his whining and complaining. Borash said this is Total Nonstop Action, not Total Nonstop A-hole. He calls Shelley the biggest pain in the ass of all the people that work for TNA.
– Backstage, Lauren is with Sharmell, The Beautiful People and Kip James. Sharmell said she will deal with all the stipulations of The Beautiful People getting Booker T’s personal lockerroom if they win. She says she will get ghetto on ODB, Roxxi and Taylor Wilde tonight. Velvet Sky tells the “idiot holes” out there that they simply take out the trash that TNA puts out there to begin with. She said it isn’t fun to beat the ugly out of ODB, Roxxi and Taylor Wilde. Sky said the only reason they accepted this match was so they could get Booker’s lockerroom. Angelina Love thanks Booker for his offer to put up his lockerroom and said they can’t have enough real estate. Love “gets a call” from Gov. Palin and they freak out in excitement. It looks like Gov. Palin is going to come to the Impact Zone tonight again.
– A video package runs highlighting the events between Sharmell and ODB leading to the announcement of ODB, Roxxi & Taylor Wilde vs. Sharmell & The Beautiful People.
Sharmell & The Beautiful People w/ Kip James vs. ODB, Roxxi & Taylor Wilde
We start with ODB wanting Sharmell. The Beautiful People run in instead and ODB levels both with clotheslines. Sharmell jumps down and hides next to Kip James. Sharmell said ODB is crazy and wants none of it. Angelina Love hits the ring and grabs Roxxi. Roxxi counters an irish whip and hits a big right hand. Taylor Wilde gets the tag and drops a sledgehammer over the arm of Love. Tag to Roxxi and another sledgehammer to Love. Yet another tag to Wilde and another sledgehammer. Wilde works on Love’s arm until Love fights back with forearms. Tag to Velvet Sky. Sky and Love double-team Wilde, cover and Wilde kicks out. Sky mounts Wilde and gets in a few right hands. Sky kicks Wilde when she tries to get up. Wilde fights back with big elbows and a big kick to the leg. Tag to Roxxi who picks up Sky and gives her a big scoop slam. Tag to Wilde who jumps off Roxxi, but Sky rolls out. Roxxi nails Love off the ring apron. Tag to ODB who wants Sharmell. Sharmell hangs onto the ring post. Kip James gets in and challenges ODB.
The referee pushes him out allowing Sky and Love to double-team ODB. Sky chops ODB in the corner a few times. ODB fights back with a few shots, but Sky kicks her in the gut and tags Love back in. Kip holds the head of ODB down over the bottom rope as Love distracted the referee. Love grabs ODB and drives her back into the corner two times. Tag to Sky who kicks ODB in the back and Love follows with a dropkick to the face. The Beautiful People pose as the fans boo. Sharmell smiles and gets the tag with ODB down. Sharmell hits ODB with a few forearm shots and tags Sky back in. Sky picks up ODB, tags in Love, ODB dodges a double clothesline and hits a double clothesline of her own on Sky and Love. Tag to Wilde who clotheslines Love and Sky. Dropkicks by Wilde on both again. Big tilt-a-whirl backbreaker by Wilde on Love, cover and it gets broken up. Roxxi hits the ring and tosses Sky out of the ring. Sharmell goes after ODB in the ring. ODB turns around and is ready for her.
Kip gets in and shoves ODB. ODB slaps him, Kip goes after ODB, but ODB bails and chases Sharmell to the back. In the ring, Wilde tosses Love to the corner. Love with a dropkick to Wilde’s face. Love with a cross-body that Wilde rolls over into a pinfall for the win.
Winners: ODB, Roxxi & Taylor Wilde
After the match, The Beautiful People can’t believe it and Tenay points out they won’t get Booker T’s lockerroom after all.
– Backstage, Jeremy Borash is with Eric Young and talks about his X Divison Title match tonight against Sheik Abdul Bashir. Young said he doesn’t blame referee Shane Sewell for what he did a few weeks ago and tells Shane he has it covered tonight. He said he has a cause he is fighting for with his brothers in The Front Line. Alex Shelley and Chris Sabin walk up clapping. Shelley said he needs to borrow JB right now. Young said he doesn’t get why Shelley acts the way he does. Shelley said make no mistake, they are on the same page with The Front Line, its just they don’t trust everyone. Young walks off and Shelley grabs JB throwing him against the lockers. Shelley said he doesn’t know what he was thinking out there, but will let it pass this time. He asks where Mick Foley is and JB said he is in Jeff Jarrett’s office.
TNA X Division Championship Match
Sheik Abdul Bashir (c) vs. Eric Young
Before the match starts, we see referee Shane Sewell holding the TNA X Division Title who will officiate this match tonight.
The bell rings and here we go. Bashir and Young circle, lock up and Bashir takes down Young into a quick side headlock. Young quickly breaks free and both are back up. Lock up, Bashir takes Young’s back, counters into a snapmare, pinfall attempt and Young quickly kicks out. Lock up, roll up by Bashir and Young kicks out. Bashir with a headlock, but Young hits a shoulder block after breaking free and hitting the ropes. Young kicks Bashir and hits a Lou Thesz Press with big rights. Bashir with some big chest chops on Young. Bashir sends Young into the corner. Young flips up, lands on the ring apron, slides under Bashir, belly-to-belly by Young on Bashir, cover and Bashir kicks out. Young sends Bashir into two different corners face first. Young gets tossed over the top rope to the outside with force by Bashir. Bashir sends Young face first off the steel steps and then shoulder first into the other steel steps. Bashir tosses Young back in the ring, covers and Young kicks out after two.
Bashir keeps the action on the ground holding onto the waist of Young. Young fights back to his feet, but Bashir levels him with a big elbow. Bashir drops a few elbows over the chest of Young and gets in the face of referee Shane telling him to count the 1-2-3. Bashir covers and Young kicks out after two. Bashir pulls back the arms of Young, drops it and dropkicks him in the back. Cover by Bashir and Young again kicks out. Bashir goes back to pulling Young’s arms behind his back while driving his knee into the lower back. Young counters breaking free from Bashir. Young flips up and hits Bashir with a big right, elbow and huge back suplex. Young goes up top, jumps and connects with the flying elbow. Cover and Bashir kicks out after two. Young with a big clothesline on Bashir, another cover and Bashir again kicks out. Young with a scoop slam, goes up top, attempts a moonsault, Bashir rolls out of the way, covers Young and Young kicks out after two. Bashir grabs Young, attempts a DDT, Young counters out, flips over and hooks the legs of Bashir for a two.
Young hits his flying neckbreaker, covers Bashir and Bashir gets his foot on the bottom rope to break the pinfall. Young is sent outside and Bashir gets in referee Shane’s face. Bashir shoves referee Shane. Bashir dares him to hit him. Young with a sunset flip on Bashir from the ring apron. Bashir holds onto the ropes with the referee looking on. Referee Shane kicks away Bashir’s arms, Young rolls up Bashir and gets the pinfall.
Winner & NEW TNA X Divison Champion: Eric Young
After the match, referee Shane Sewell hands Eric Young the TNA X Division Championship. Young celebrates when Sheik Abdul Bashir attacks Young. Bashir shoves referee Shane away once again and this time referee Shane freaks out. Referee Shane takes out Bashir as the fans cheer. Bashir then takes out referee Shane with the X Division belt. Referee Shane is busted open when Bashir tosses Young out of the ring. Bashir levels referee Shane and hits a few hard right hands. Bashir backs up and hits referee Shane with another big clothesline. Bashir beings choking referee Shane with his head dress. He bites the bloody forehead of referee Shane, talks him down and begins to leave. Bashir grabs the X Division title belt and walks up the ramp when TNA security and Jim Cornette walk out. Cornette talks the X Division title away from Bashir as Bashir yells at him.
– A video package runs highlighting the events between Awesome Kong and Christy Hemme leading to the TNA Knockouts Title match tonight.
TNA Knockouts Championship Match
Awesome Kong (c) w/ Raisha Saeed & Rhaka Khan vs. Christy Hemme
Staff Sgt. Leslie Mansur introduces Christy Hemme before the match.
The bell rings. Hemme and Kong lock up and Kong pushes Hemme away easily. Kong pushes Hemme to the corner. Hemme counters and gets in a few quick shots on Kong. Kong misses a body splash on Hemme in the corner. Hemme gets in a few quick shots. Kong brushes away a dropkick attempt. Hemme pulls the ropes down to send Kong over the top rope to the outside. Hemme goes up top, jumps and takes out Kong with a big splash. Hemme attempts a big kick to Kong, but Kong blocks it and sends Hemme down hard on the concrete floor. Kong then sends Hemme into the steel steps and then back in the ring. Kong chokes Hemme and slams her down hard on the mat. Kong then chokes Hemme with her boot. Kong grabs Hemme and puts her up on her shoulders folding her body a few times before slamming her down hard. Kong misses a splash on Hemme in the corner. Hemme steps up on the ropes, kicks Kong in the face, gets on Kong’s back and attempts a sleeper. Kong gets her off her back sending Hemme into the corner. Hemme with two big kicks to Kong in the corner. Hemme with a huge tornado DDT on Kong. Hemme goes up top, drops a leg across Kong and Raisha Saeed pulls her out of the ring. Saeed and Rhaka Khan get in a few cheap shots on Hemme. Saeed hits the ring to go after Hemme some more when the referee finally calls for the bell.
Winner via DQ: Christy Hemme
Winner & STILL TNA Knockouts Champion: Awesome Kong
Raisha Saeed, Rhaka Khan and Awesome Kong all start attacking Christy Hemme after the referee calls for the bell. TNA security hit the ring to break it up. Hemme and Kong each break free from security going after each other a few times. A loud “LET THEM FIGHT” chant starts up in the Impact Zone.
– Backstage, Jeremy Borash is with Kurt Angle and talks about Angle having to beat Rhino tonight to get Jeff Jarrett and stay with TNA. Angle compares himself to a hunter saying he is on a hunt for Jeff Jarrett. He said it is ironic that there is a Rhino in his way. Angle said he saw a fire in Rhino’s eyes that he never saw before. He said Rhino lit a fire under The Front Line’s asses and commends him for that. Angle said that fire Rhino has is a puff of smoke compared to the flame that burns inside him for Jeff Jarrett. He said he thinks about Jeff morning, noon and night. Angle said he sees Jeff, his three little girls and how they ruined his entire life. He tells Jarrett that next month when he has him next month at Genesis, he will beat him within an inch of his life and will have no mercy for him. JB asks Angle about Mick Foley being the special enforcer. Angle said Foley has been taken care of.
– A video packages runs highlighting the events between Beer Money, Inc. and Abyss and Matt Morgan leading to tonight’s TNA World Tag Team Title match.
TNA World Tag Team Championship Match
Beer Money, Inc. (c’s) w/ Jacqueline vs. Abyss & Matt Morgan
Abyss goes after James Storm as we don’t get an official bell yet. Matt Morgan levels Storm with a big boot. Abyss takes out Robert Roode with a high back body drop. Storm runs through the crowd to the back. Abyss chases him down as Roode follows. Abyss, Storm and Roode run back to the ringside area. Morgan is up top and jumps as he takes out Storm and Roode! Abyss and Morgan level Roode and Storm in the ring. Roode and Storm grab their titles and start walking up the ramp to the back. Referee Rudy Charles informs the announcer that he will officially ring the bell and give Beer Money a ten count to return to the ring or they will forfeit the titles. Roode and Storm hit the ring by nine and slide right back out. This is great. Roode even asks for a timeout. Roode and Storm tell the referee to back off Abyss and Morgan as they get up on the ring apron. Both agree to wrestle and James Storm and Abyss will start. Abyss charges and Storm bails out right away. Roode is then forced to enter the ring to keep things going.
Abyss backs Roode to the corner, Roode sneaks out through the ropes and the referee is forced to back Abyss off. Morgan gets the tag as Roode returns to the ring. Morgan levels Roode with a big clothesline and then puts Roode up against the ropes dropping his body off Roode’s back.
Special Announcement: Mike Tenay notes that Jim Cornette has held up the TNA X Division Championship as a result of what went down tonight. More will be announced on Impact this Thursday.
In the ring, Morgan takes out Storm with a big fallaway slam. Tag to Abyss who pulls Roode in, attempts a chokeslam, but Roode breaks it up with a few kicks. Abyss comes back with a big side slam, cover and Roode kicks out. Roode is getting frustrated with Storm who takes off for a beer when he goes to tag him in. Abyss and Morgan hit a double shoulder block on Roode. Morgan with double elbows to Roode in the corner. Jacqueline trips up Morgan allowing Beer Money to double team Morgan. Storm gets the tag and drops an elbow off Morgan’s bad leg. Storm drops his body over Morgan’s bad leg. Storm distracts the referee allowing Roode to send Morgan’s leg into the steel ring post. Roode gets the tag and goes to work on Morgan’s leg as well. Tag to Storm who works on Morgan’s leg. Storm applies a half leg boston crab on Morgan. Tag to Roode who also applies a half leg boston crab on Morgan. Morgan is reaching out for Abyss. Morgan gets to the bottom rope and Roode breaks the hold. Tag to Storm who takes out Morgan trying to tag in Abyss.
Storm knees Morgan in the head followed by a kick to the shoulder. Tag to Roode who goes up top and connects with a body splash. Roode hooks the leg and Morgan kicks out. Beer Money attempts a double suplex on Morgan, but Morgan counters and suplexes both of them instead. Morgan rolls through Beer Money and tags in Abyss. Abyss takes out Roode with a few right hands followed by a splash in the corner. Abyss has Roode up on his shoulders, but Storm breaks it up and Roode falls off. Storm attempts a few right hands on Abyss, but Abyss brushes them off and elevates Storm up and down on the mat. Abyss with a chokeslam on Roode and Shock Treatment on Storm! Abyss covers and Roode breaks up the pinfall attempt on Storm. Storm tries to hit Abyss with a beer bottle. Abyss blocks it and holds the bottle up. Jacqueline jumps in and gets in Abyss’ way. Storm then puts some brass knucks on, tosses them out, hooks Abyss’ leg and gets the pinfall.
Winners & STILL TNA World Tag Team Champions: Beer Money, Inc. (Robert Roode & James Storm)
After the match, Robert Roode and James Storm celebrate on the ramp with the TNA World Tag Team Titles over their shoulders.
– Backstage, Lauren is with Mick Foley. Foley said his job tonight as special enforcer is to just make sure the Main Event Mafia doesn’t get involved. The Machineguns walk up. Foley asks Shelley if he had plenty of turkey and does his great fake laugh. Shelley insults Foley’s haircut and attire as usual. He said what he really wants to talk about is getting robbed in tonight’s “Feast or Fired” match tonight when Jay Lethal stole the briefcase away. Shelley asks Foley to walk out and give them the briefcase they deserve. Foley said he will take it under advisement and said Shelley will get what is coming to him sooner or later. He said it may not happen tonight, but it could happen Thursday.
– We go to Mike Tenay and Don West at ringside. Tenay plugs that this Thursday on Impact we will find out what is inside the other three “Feast or Fired” briefcases, the fate of the TNA X Division Title and what Mick Foley may have planned for Alex Shelley.
– The Motor City Machineguns (Chris Sabin and Alex Shelley) then begin walking down the ramp. Alex Shelley grabs a mic and asks the people to shut up for a minute so he can talk. He said tonight is special for two reasons. The first: this is the second time The Machineguns have come out on this PPV broadcast and we are lucky if our PPV provider won’t charge us extra. The second: Mick Foley will be coming out to reverse the decision in the “Feast or Fired” match so they get the briefcase for a shot at the TNA World Tag Team Titles. Sabin leaves the ring and brings steel chairs inside. Shelley thanks him and they sit down telling Foley to get out here. Jim Cornette walks out instead and said Mick Foley has more important things to do tonight instead of talk to crybabies like them. He tells The Machineguns to get out of the ring and to the back right now. Shelley asks Cornette or what? Cornette said he will step 20 feet this way and get some of the baddest security guards they have to send them off the property. The lights go out and we see “SUICIDE” on the screen. Suicide glides in from the ceiling into the ring. Suicide takes out The Machineguns with a few quick shots and then one big double shot. Suicide heads up the ramp as Sabin and Shelley are rolling around in pain.
– Backstage, Lauren is with Rhino. She backs off and hands him the mic. Rhino says every TNA wrestler that steps into the ring fight each other. He said sometimes they bleed and sometimes they try to kill each other. He said the words Kurt Angle have been speaking are sick. Rhino asked himself what kind of sick human being would say things like that about three little girls. He said when he talks about Jeff Jarrett’s daughters its like he is speaking about his little girl. Rhino said he is fighting for Jeff Jarrett’s little girls tonight. He tells Angle he is a violent man living in a violent world and tonight he is going to up that violence.
– A video package runs highlighting the events between Kurt Angle and Rhino leading to tonight’s match with Mick Foley as special enforcer.
Special Enforcer: Mick Foley
Kurt Angle vs. Rhino
If Rhino wins, Kurt Angle is gone from TNA. If Angle wins, he gets a rematch with Jeff Jarrett at the Genesis PPV next month.
The bell rings as Mick Foley takes a spot at ringside looking on. Lock up and Rhino pushes Angle to the ropes. The referee breaks it up as Rhino backs off. Lock up and Angle gets a headlock on. Rhino with a shoulder block on Angle. Angle bails to the outside. Angle takes a few seconds and returns to the ring. Lock up and Rhino gets a headlock on. Rhino with another shoulder block on Angle. Rhino gets a headlock takedown on Angle. Rhino with a clothesline after he counters a hip toss attempt by Angle. Rhino begins choking Angle in the corner, irish whip and Rhino catches Angle with a big elbow. Cover by Rhino and Angle kicks out after two. Another cover and Angle kicks out after two. Angle fights back with a kick. Rhino catches Angle with a knee in the corner, sits up on the top turnbuckle and Angle tosses him off sending Rhino to the outside. Angle grabs Rhino on the outside and sends him back first into the steel guard railing. Angle breaks the count, kicks Rhino and then tosses him back inside the ring. Cover by Angle and Rhino kicks out.
Angle with a big back suplex on Rhino, cover and Rhino gets a shoulder up after two. Angle grabs Rhino and applies a headlock keeping the action on the ground. Rhino lifts Angle up with the headlock applied, drops back, but Angle keeps the headlock in. Rhino gets to his feet, gets in a few shots, but Angle elevates Rhino with a big overhead belly-to-belly suplex. Cover by Angle two times and each time Rhino gets a shoulder up. Rhino fights back with a few rights and Angle cuts him off with a rake to the eyes. Angle stands over Rhino and applies a rear naked choke. Rhino again gets to his feet, hits a few elbows and Angle shoots off the ropes with both hitting a double clothesline. The two return to their feet and exchange lefts and rights. Rhino with a jumping shoulder block on Angle. Angle fires back with a kick to the gut, hits the ropes and Rhino catches Angle with a big spinebuster. Cover by Rhino and Angle gets a shoulder up after two. Rhino with a charge on Angle in the corner, but Angle comes back with a german suplex.
Angle drops the straps and stalks Rhino. Angle attempts an Angle Slam, but Rhino counters and hits a belly-to-belly suplex. Rhino backs up for a Gore, charges, Angle moves, Rhino hits the corner, roll up by Angle and then reverses into an Ankle Lock. Rhino reaches out for the ropes when Angle pulls him back to the middle of the ring. Foley is looking on at ringside when Rhino turns over and kicks Angle away. Rhino catches Angle with a kick, gets up him up on his shoulders and drops Angle face first off the top turnbuckle. Rhino charges, attempts a Gore, but Angle catches Rhino with a kick to the face, Angle Slam, cover and Rhino kicks out after a close two count. Referee bump when Rhino takes out the referee. Angle then takes out Rhino with a big clothesline. Angle then leaves the ring, grabs a steel chair and then Mick Foley gets Angle’s face. Angle drops the steel chair as Foley continues to argue with him. Rhino quickly rolls up Angle and gets a close two count. Angle goes up top as Rhino hits a few right hands.
Rhino climbs up with Angle, hooks him and hits a huge superplex. Cover by Rhino and Angle barely gets a shoulder up after two. Al Snow then walks out as the fans cheer. Mick Foley goes to speak with him when Snow slaps his face. Angle grabs the steel chair, cracks it over Rhino’s head, throws it away, hits the Angle Slam, hooks the leg, Mick Foley slides in and makes the count.
Winner: Kurt Angle
After the match, Al Snow looks on from the ramp as Mick Foley looks back at him and Kurt Angle celebrating. Kurt Angle grabs a mic and said he lived up to his promise and has earned his rematch with Jeff Jarrett at Genesis. He said after he is done with Jarrett, he wants Mick Foley next and adds, “I’m going to beat the sh*t out of you.” Angle drops the mic and leaves the ring winking at Al Snow as he heads up the ramp. We then see highlights of the match leading to the finish. Back live, Angle hugs Snow and both head to the back.
– Backstage, Lauren is with TNA World Heavyweight Champion Sting and the rest of the Main Event Mafia. She brings up how if any member of the Mafia gets pinned tonight then he loses his title. Sting said he is very confident tonight and confident in his team. He said he is surrounded by experience in Scott Steiner, Kevin Nash and Booker T. Sting said they have been through it all, seen it all and survived it all standing right here tonight. He tells Team 3D, Joe and AJ that tonight they will learn what Main Event Mafia represents and what the TNA World Title represents. They all walk off, while Nash is the last to walk off going the other way.
– A video package airs highlighting the events between the Main Event Mafia and The Front Line leading to tonight’s match at Final Resolution with the TNA World Title up for grabs.
– Backstage, Jeremy Borash is with The Front Line. JB asks them if they can trust Team 3D tonight. AJ Styles said 3D is like brothers to them and they can be trusted and said Front Line is taking home the TNA World Championship tonight. AJ and Joe walk off. Brother Ray repeats AJ’s line about them being brothers and asks Brother Devon if he has this and says he does.
Eight Man Tag Team Match – TNA World Heavyweight Championship
The Main Event Mafia (TNA World Champion Sting, TNA Legends Champion Booker T, Kevin Nash & Scott Steiner) w/ Sharmell vs. The Front Line (AJ Styles, Samoa Joe & Team 3D)
The stipulation for this eight man tag is as follows: If the Main Event Mafia wins, Sting retains the TNA World Title. If AJ/Joe/3D win, AJ Styles will be awarded the TNA World Title. The atmosphere in the Impact Zone for the main event has a very big match feel to it. Jeremy Borash did ring introductions for each respective team.
The bell rings and we start with AJ Styles and Booker T. Booker measures up Styles before locking up and pushing away. Styles shoots in on Booker and backs him up into the ropes. Lock up, Booker hits Styles with a few knees and then some chest chops. Styles ducks a side kick and hits a few chops of his own. Booker with a big knee to Styles, irish whip, Styles flips over Booker, hits a right hand, chest chop, elbow to the head, but Booker breaks it up. Styles with a HUGE flying dropkick on Booker. Tag to Brother Ray. Ray works on the left arm of Booker. Booker backs Ray into the corner and then hits a big knee to the head. Booker with a side slam on Ray and tag to Scott Steiner. Steiner comes in and hits the boots to Ray. Steiner with some big right hands to Ray followed by a big clothesline. Steiner drops an elbow, Ray moves, jumps up, hits some left hands, Rock Bottom, cover and Steiner kicks out after two. Tag to Samoa Joe. Joe and Ray hit a double shoulder block on Steiner. Crowd is going crazy for The Front Line.
Joe with a huge kick to Steiner in the corner. Steiner rakes the eyes of Joe. Joe backs off and tells Steiner to tag in Kevin Nash. Steiner tags in Sting instead. Joe hits Sting with some chest chops and big body kicks. Joe backs Sting to the corner and hits a few right hands. Sting rakes the eyes and kicks Joe a few times. Sting with a big scoop slam on Joe and follows that with a flying elbow. Tag to Kevin Nash who hits a few knees to Joe in the corner. Nash with a few elbows, backs off, frames Joe with his hands, but Joe explodes on Nash sending him to the other side of the ring and tags in Brother Devon. Nash with a knee to Devon. Devon fires back with a flying shoulder block. Devon with a neckbreaker on Steiner and running clothesline on Booker. Devon with a spinning shoulder block on Nash, cover and Nash kicks out. Sting gets in a shot on Devon as he hits the ropes allowing Nash to hit a big boot on Devon. Nash gets Devon up and slams him down hard with a big side slam, cover and Devon kicks out after two.
Tag to Steiner who kicks Devon in the ribs. Steiner catches Devon in a bearhug and then hits a big overhead belly-to-belly suplex. Cover by Steiner on Devon and Devon gets a shoulder up after two. Tag to Booker who chokes Devon against the ropes and hits a few left hands. Booker sends Devon down in the corner as Booker taunts. Devon with right hands to Booker, but Booker fires back with a big side kick, hooks the leg and Devon kicks out after two. Booker then begins choking Devon again. Tag to Sting who begins kicking Devon. Sting then tags in Steiner who sends Devon to the corner and hits a few chest chops. Steiner puts Devon up on the top turnbuckle, Steiner comes up with Devon, but Devon tosses Steiner off and connects with a flying headbutt. Steiner rolls over and tags in Nash. Brother Ray also gets the tag. Ray with some big rights to Nash and two clotheslines. Ray with a big splash to Nash followed by a back suplex. Cover by Ray on Nash and Booker breaks it up. Joe gets the tag and drops a knee over Nash’s head.
Cover by Joe and Booker again breaks it up. Joe goes after Booker. Booker sends Joe to the corner and Steiner low blows Joe into the steel ring post. Nash grabs Joe and hits a clothesline, covers and Joe kicks out. Nash drops an elbow on Joe, another cover and Joe again kicks out. Tag to Sting who kicks Joe right in the gut. Sting with a huge dropkick on Joe that sends Joe down. Tag to Steiner who comes in and chops Joe. Steiner with a clothesline on Joe, drops the elbow, jumps up, gets hit by Ray, falls on Joe and then pulls Joe back into a rear naked choke. Joe gets to his feet, hits a few elbows, but Steiner fights back dropping Joe on his face. Cover by Steiner and Ray breaks it up. Tag to Sting who comes in and gives Joe a big suplex. Tag to Booker who hits Joe with a few knees to the head. Booker chops Joe sending Joe down. Booker with more chops. Joe and Booker then exchange chops. Booker drops Joe with a big flying side kick. Tag to Steiner who hits Joe with a big forearm over the back.
Steiner puts Joe up on the top turnbuckle. Steiner connects with a huge overhead belly-to-belly release suplex off the top, covers and Joe barely gets a shoulder up. Steiner applies another headlock on Joe as Nash gets the tag. Nash with some big right hands on Joe in the Mafia’s corner. Nash then chokes Joe with his boot. Nash distracts the referee allowing Booker to choke Joe against the ropes. Nash with a big boot to Joe that levels Joe. Tag to Sting who jumps off the top at Joe, but Joe gets his knees up. Sting grabs Joe and pulls him to the corner tagging in Booker. Booker applies an abdominal stretch on Joe. Joe breaks it and Steiner gets the tag. Steiner grabs Joe and slams him into the corner. Joe catches Steiner and slams him down hard in the corner when Steiner irish whipped Joe and charged at him. Styles gets the hot tag and takes out Sting with a few clotheslines. Styles with clotheslines to Booker, Steiner and Nash. Styles with a kick to Nash’s head. Styles with splashes on Sting, Steiner and Booker in different corners.
Styles also hits a splash to Nash. Styles takes out Sting with a huge back suplex, cover and Sting kicks out. Joe grabs Sting after getting the tag from Styles and levels Sting with a T-Bone Suplex. Cover and Booker and Steiner breaks it up. 3D hit the ring to go after Nash and Booker. 3D on Booker. Steiner clotheslines Ray and Devon. Steiner with a suplex on Devon. Ray with a full nelson sitdown bomb on Steiner. Nash with a chokeslam on Ray. Styles with a flying forearm to Nash. Sting applies the Scorpion Deathlock on Styles. Joe superkicks Sting, puts Sting up on the top turnbuckle, gets Sting up for the Muscle Buster, Nash walks over and low blows Joe. Sting with a Scorpion Deathdrop on Joe, hooks the leg and gets the pinfall.
Winners: The Main Event Mafia (Sting, Booker T, Kevin Nash & Scott Steiner)
Winner & STILL TNA World Heavyweight Champion: Sting
– A promo airs for TNA Genesis on January 11.
Source: Adam Martin, wrestleview.com
What did you think of Turning Point?
thumbs up – 24%
in the middle – 9%
thumbs down – 27%
didn’t see it – 40%