Sunday, July 15, 2007 in Orlando, FL
– The TNA promo hits.
– A video package airs with Kurt Angle, Rhino, Samoa Joe, Chris Harris and Brother Ray talking about the importance of being a world champion in wrestling. It then goes into Angle bragging about how he is now both the TNA World Champion and IWGP World Champion. Joe and Team 3D all rundown Angle in the promo.
– A graphic opening then hits welcoming us to Victory Road. We go live to the Impact Zone in Orlando, FL where a series of pyro goes off. They are using the Elevation X setup for tonight’s 10 Man Ultimate X.
– Christopher Daniels is out first.
– Christopher Daniels won the 10 Man Ultimate X Match to become the NEW #1 contender for the TNA X Division Title. Don West stated they are using the Elevation X setup with so many guys involved. It kicked off with Daniels and Jay “Black Machismo” Lethal. We have a 1:00 timeclock running on the bottom. They are now stating that if you are thrown over the top rope before all 10 men are in the ring, you are eliminated. Puma is out (#3). Homicide is out (#4) and is WAY over with the Orlando crowd. Sonjay Dutt is out (#5). Petey Williams is out (#6) and is also over with the crowd tonight. Williams hit a Canadian Destroyer on Puma. Puma is eliminated. Homicide then tosses Williams out. Petey Williams is eliminated. Shark Boy is out (#7). Elix Skipper is out (#8) and gets a “WELCOME BACK” chant. Skipper tosses Shark Boy out. Shark Boy is eliminated. Skipper also tosses Dutt out. Sonjay Dutt is eliminated. Kaz is out (#9) and isn’t wearing his Serotonin gear – looks like he is back to the previous gimmick. Senshi is out (#10) and is the final entrant.
The Ultimate X portion of the match officially begins: Everyone starts climbing up on all sides. Senshi climbs across on the bars and then lands on Daniels in the ring. Daniels is up next, but Kaz pulls him down. Daniels, Kaz, Lethal and Senshi all four get to the middle near the X, but all come down. Daniels then goes up again and Lethal follows. Lethal tries kicked Daniels in the back with his knees, but falls off. Daniels then gets his feet stuck in the structure and hangs upside. Kaz then leaps off the top rope and pulls Daniels down hitting a diamond cutter in a HUGE spot. Crowd goes nuts for this. Tower of Doom spot in the corner takes place. Kaz and Skipper avoid it and climb up. Both get to the top, but brawl off and hit the mat. Kaz hits his Flux Capacitor spot off the top rope on Homicide. Lethal goes up top. Senshi and Skipper pull him down and hit a double team move. This allows Daniels to crawl across, get to the middle and get the X. After the match, Daniels falls down as Senshi and Skipper smile. They tease that Triple X has reunited as Daniels, Senshi and Skipper all pose.
– Backstage, Jeremy Borash was with Team 3D. Devon cuts off Ray and says after 15 years, he will finally get a shot at the World Title and win it. Ray said he is speechless, but says he won’t win the World Title. Ray proclaims he will win the X Division Title instead standing in at about 300…ish pounds. Both tease they will do what they have to do tonight.
– Leticia was with Samoa Joe. Joe said he can’t trust Kurt Angle and promised to win the TNA Tag Team Titles tonight. He told Kurt that he would be coming for his World Title next.
– Mike Tenay and Don West rundown the card for tonight’s PPV.
– Leticia is with VKM. BG James says that TNA has a new rule and that is no violence against women. He said that is fine because tonight they will introduce a new member into VKM.
– Before the match started, BG James got on the mic and did the old school New Age Outlaws introduction of the two. He accidentally said they were the soon to be “NWA” Tag Team Champions of the world. He then introduced the newest member of VKM – Roxxi Laveaux. The announces touted she was from New Orleans and into “voodoo.” Get it? Since they are the “Voodoo” Kin Mafia? They kept the lights very dark when she came out, but was dressed like a voodoo woman with paint on her face and strange clothes. The fans were dead silent and confused. A loud “WHAT IS THAT” chant started. Very strange way to bring this new character in.
– Voodoo Kin Mafia w/ Roxxi Laveaux defeated Basham & Damaja w/ Lance Hoyt & Christy Hemme. Match started with BG James and Damaja. Lots of interference attempts by Hoyt early on. Kip James and Basham eventually got the tags. Kip tried going after Hoyt, but Hemme slapped Kip. Kip couldn’t go after her with the new TNA rule. Lots of nearfalls after this point between both teams. Hoyt then comes in and takes out Kip with a big boot. This ends up costing Basham and Damaja allowing BG to hit Damaja with a chair and Kip covered him to get the pinfall. After the match, Hemme gets in Kip’s face again. Kip grabs her and calls in Roxxi. Roxxi does some strange “voodoo” dances and then grabs Hemme and gives her a big Dominator. Still a very strange character to introduce.
– Backstage, Jeremy Borash is with Kurt Angle. Angle said Samoa Joe is jealous, but said he still had his back tonight in the Match of Champions. Angle said, “I’m great, I was born this way.” He said tonight wouldn’t be a 3-on-1 match and said it would be shake and break time.
– James Storm defeated Rhino. Match kicked off right away with brawling on the outside of the ring. Rhino then sent storm from the babyface ramp over the railing into the crowd. They brawled more into the crowd and Rhino sent Storm shoulder first into a wall that busted open. The action spilled back into the ring and Rhino attempted to bring a steel chair in, but the referee stopped it. Storm tossed Rhino to the outside and he started favoring his neck. Storm brought Rhino back in and continued to work on his neck. Lots of quick offense and pinfalls by Storm, but Rhino kicked out after each attempt. The finish saw a referee bump take place. Rhino went for The Gore, but when Storm turned out he smashed a beer bottle in his face. Storm covered Rhino, the referee came to and he got the pinfall for the win. After the match, Storm got some rope from under the ring and tied Rhino’s arms behind his back against the ropes. Rhino was busted open at this point following the beer bottle to the face. Storm then got a steel chair and hit Rhino with it a few times. Jackie Moore came back out with some beer and a camera. Storm took pictures of her posing next to a bloody Rhino. Storm then opened up a mini-beer keg and poured it into Rhino’s mouth. TNA security eventually hit the ring to break it up. Just as Storm was heading to the back, he came back down and hit Rhino again.
– Backstage, Leticia was with Jerry Lynn and Bob…sorry Mr. Backlund. Lynn called Chris Sabin and Alex Shelley a bunch of disrespectful rookies. Backlund said the veterans want no drugs, no cheating, no lying and especially no swearing. Backlund went crazy saying they were going to teach Sabin and Shelley a lesson tonight. Backlund screamed, “I’m done!” and walked off as Lynn smiled.
– Chris Sabin & Alex Shelley w/ Kevin Nash defeated Bob Backlund & Jerry Lynn. The match started off with Chris Sabin and Bob Backlund. Backlund with a few quick takedowns on Sabin early on and Sabin stalls a bit. Alex Shelley and Jerry Lynn get the tags next. Lynn handles Shelley easily and Shelley runs back to tag in Sabin holding him in fear of Lynn. Sabin and Shelley then take out Lynn and Backlund with some quick double-team kicks and celebrate. They put Lynn in the tree of woe and hit two big jumping dropkicks to the head. Backlund comes in to make the save and goes after Sabin. With the referee distracted, Kevin Nash comes in and takes out Lynn with a big boot. Sabin and Shelley then double-team Lynn again with some massive kicks to the head and body and then get the pinfall on Lynn for the win.
– Backstage, Kurt Angle is looking for backup tonight for the main event. He goes into the men’s bathroom and finds Jay “Black Machismo” Lethal. He asks Lethal if he can watch his back tonight. Lethal, in his Black Machismo voice, responds, “Wash your back?” Angle corrects him and puts his world titles on his shoulders saying he could be that some day if he helps him. Lethal then turns Angle down and Angle attacks him in the bathroom.
– Eric Young & Gail Kim defeated Robert Roode & Ms. Brooks. Early on in the match, Eric Young took out Robert Roode with tons of quick offense. Young with a big belly-to-belly suplex on Roode. Kim took out Ms. Brooks when she came into the ring. Young with a quick rollup on Roode, but Roode kicks out. Young takes out Roode on the outside with a suicide dive. Kim follows that up springboarding over the top rope onto Brooks. Back in the ring, Kim hits Roode with a big right hand. Roode and Brooks grabs Young and crotch him using the steel ring post. Kim with a big dropkick off the top rope on Brooks. Young and Kim hit Roode with a double-dropkick and Kim covers Brooks to get the pinfall. After the match, a frustrated Roode goes crazy. He then blames Ms. Brooks for the loss and pushes her a few times. She leaves the ring and Young returns pulling down Roode’s trunks to reveal a thong. Roode flips out and tries to pull up his shorts as Young runs away laughing.
– Backstage, Jeremy Borash was with Christian Cage, AJ Styles and Tomko. Cage said the difference between himself and Chris Harris is that he has been on top since he came to TNA and that Harris is still crawling his way to the top after being here for 5 years. Cage said he would make Harris a star tonight. Kurt Angle then walks up and asks Cage if he can borrow his guys tonight. Cage said he would like to, but they have a match later and are a little busy with his stuff tonight as well. Sonjay Dutt walks up as Cage, Styles and Tomko leave. He asks for some donations. Angle then attacks Dutt, throws some money for a donation, but then comes back and takes it back.
– Christian Cage defeated Chris Harris. The match starts off with Cage pushing Harris away. Harris comes back with a lockup and then gives Cage a long vertical suplex holding Cage up for a while before slamming him on the mat. Harris with a back body drop on Cage on the babyface ramp. Cage then crotches Harris in the corner using the steel ring post. Cage applies an abdominal stretch on Harris in the middle of the ring. Lots of reversals between the two and then Harris hits an Unprettier on Cage. Harris covers, but Cage kicks out. Cage tries to run at Harris, but Harris hits him with a big Spear. Cage somehow gets back up and then exposes the top turnbuckle. Harris then catapults Cage into the exposed corner, hits a full nelson slam, covers, but Cage kicks out. Cage then catches Harris with a steel chair shot through the ropes with the referee distracted putting the pad back on the corner. Dustin Rhodes then appears at the top of the ramp. Cage has a confused look on his face as Harris rolls him up. The referee is distracted by Rhodes, makes the pinfall count, but it gives Cage enough time to kick out. Cage then calls for backup. Tomko runs out to distract the referee. Harris tries to give Cage a Catatonic, but Rhodes hits the ring and hits Harris over the back with handcuffs. Cage then rolls up Harris and gets the pinfall. The finish came off very slow and bad in this one. Cage celebrates his win with Tomko.
– Backstage, Jeremy Borash is with Sting and Abyss. Sting said Abyss is now a free man. Abyss gets the mic put in his face and says, “Tomko, Styles, your blood, my hands, tonight, click…Doomsday.”
– Sting & Abyss defeated AJ Styles & Tomko. Early on in the match when it was AJ Styles and Abyss, Styles attempted lots of offense on Abyss, but Abyss couldn’t be taken down or moved. Sting gets the tag and takes out Styles and Tomko with Stinger Splashes in each corner. Abyss comes back in with Styles and almost gives him a Styles Clash when Styles attempts a huricanranna. Abyss takes out Tomko on the outside when Styles kicked him off the top rope. Styles rolls to the outside only to see Sting take out all three over the top rope. Sting takes out Tomko with a steel chair on the outside. All four brawled back into the ring. Lots of quick spots took place. The finish finally saw Abyss hit the Black Hole Slam on Tomko for the win. After the match, Sting and Abyss celebrated. James Mitchell’s voice then comes over the PA system. He appears at the top of the heel ramp. Mitchell tells Sting and Abyss to enjoy the win while it lasts because the Doomsday clock is ticking. Mitchell laughed and headed to the back.
– We go to Mike Tenay and Don West at ringside. They hype up the “Match of Champions” main event that is up next. When they showed the graphics of the TNA titles on the line tonight, they were still the old graphics of the “NWA” belts.
– Team 3D was out first with the TNA World Tag Team Titles in hand. Samoa Joe was out next. He had samoan fire dancers for his entrance.
– We then go to a shot of Kurt Angle backstage leaving his room. He spots Havoc and Martyr (Johnny Devine and Matt Bentley). Angle asks them to back him up tonight. Both laugh and then Angle attacks them.
– TNA X Division Champion Samoa Joe won the “Match of Champions” pinning Brother Ray to become the holder of the TNA World Tag Team Championships. The match kicked off with Samoa Joe and Brother Devon. Both exchange some elbows and chops. Kurt Angle and Brother Ray get tagged in. Ray takes out Angle in the corner and Angle responds with a german suplex on Ray. Lots of frequent tags between Angle and Joe at this point in the match with both taking out Ray and Devon quickly and then tagging each other in to stay fresh as worded by Tenay and West. Angle and Joe take out 3D with some double-team moves including a big double-hip toss on Ray. Devon comes back with a spinebuster on Angle, goes to cover, but Ray breaks it up. 3D starts to argue as Ray tags himself in and hits Joe with a modified Rock Bottom. Ray covers Joe and Devon breaks up that pinfall. Ray pushes Devon down to the mat, yells at him and then looks to head to the back up the ramp. With the referee distracted, Joe attempts a suplex on Devon, but Devon blocks it. Ray then slides back in and low blows Joe. 3D then smile and hug, telling the fans they tricked them. Ray takes out Joe when he goes to tag in Angle. Angle finally gets the hot tag, gives Devon a big back body drop and then gives Ray a big back body drop as well. Before Ray takes the back body drop, he yells loudly, “I hate you Kurt!” Angle goes for Angle Slam on Ray, but Devon breaks it up. Devon looks to headbutt Angle from the top rope, but Joe breaks it up. Angle takes out Devon with a huge superplex off the top rope. Joe with a powerslam on Ray and Angle with a german suplex on Devon. Angle connects with a moonsault on Devon, covers, but Ray breaks it up. Angle and Joe then apply ankle locks on both Ray and Devon. Ray is the first to counter. Angle takes out Joe by accident. 3D on Angle. Devon rolls over Kurt and goes to cover him when Rick Steiner comes out and pulls the referee out during the pinfall attempt. Devon sees this and goes after Rick. Scott Steiner then hits the ring and takes out Ray with a lead pipe to the head. Joe covers Ray, the referee comes back in, counts the pinfall, but Angle breaks it up. Angle kicks Joe on the ground. Angle then goes for the Angle Slam on Ray, but Joe cuts Angle’s leg from out under him. Joe then pins Ray and gets the win. Samoa Joe is now the holder of the TNA World Tag Team Titles along with the TNA X Division Title. After the match, Joe celebrates with all three of his title belts.
– A promo airs for the Hard Justice PPV on August 12.
Source: Adam Martin, wrestleview.com
What did you think of Victory Road?
thumbs up – 26%
in the middle – 12%
thumbs down – 16%
didn’t see it – 46%
Best match at Victory Road?
Kim/Young-Brooks/Roode – 5%
Backlund/Lynn-Sabin/Shelley – 2%
Ultimate X – 48%
Harris-Cage – 5%
Storm-Rhino – 2%
VKM-Bashams – 3%
AJ/Tomko-Sting/Abyss – 4%
Match of the Champions – 30%