Mad Dog Vachon
Mar 7, 2010 - by Steve Gerweck
Real name: Maurice Vachon
Weight: 231 lbs.
Date of birth: September 14, 1929
Date of death: November 21, 2013
From: Montreal, Quebec
Pro debut: 1950
Finishing move: Piledriver
– Vachon won a gold metal at the 1950 British Empire Games.
– The Vachon brothers teamed to defeat Chico Garcia and Chet Wallick on February 17, 1959 in Edmonton, Alberta for the NWA Canadian Tag Team Titles.
– On September 21, 1962, Vachon and Fritz Von Goering defeated Shag Thomas & Luther Lindsay for the NWA Pacific Northwest Tag Team titles.
– On May 2, 1964, Vachon upset Verne Gagne for the AWA World Heavyweight Title in Omaha, NE.
– Vachon defeated Gagne on May 20, 1964 in Minneapolis, MN for his second AWA title.
– Vachon defeated Mighty Igor Vodic on May 22, 1965 for the AWA title in Omaha.
– On November 12, 1965, Vachon defeated The Crusher in Denver, CO for his fourth AWA title.
– Vachon defeated Dick The Bruiser on November 19, 1966 for his fifth AWA championship.
– On August 30, 1969, the Vachon’s defeated Crusher and Bruiser for the AWA World Tag Team Titles.
– on June 6, 1979, Vachon and Verne Gagne defeated Pat Patterson and Ray Stevens to capture the AWA tag titles.
– In 2010, Vachon was inducted into the WWE hall of fame.