Mar 6, 2010 - by Steve Gerweck
Real name: John Laurinaitis
Weight: 250 lbs.
Date of birth: July 31, 1965
Hometown: San Bernadino, CA
Pro debut: 1987
Trained by: Nelson Royal
Finishing move: Implant DDT
- On August 29, 1988, Ace and Jimmy Snuka beat Tiger Mask (Misawa) and Shinichi Nakano at All Japan’s Bruiser Brody Memorial show.
- Ace and the Terminator defeated Mike Graham and Steve Keirn on September 20, 1988 in Tampa, FL for the NWA Florida Tag Team title.
- Ace and Dan Spivey downed Dick Slater and Tommy Rich in Tokyo, Japan on December 16, 1988.
- On January 26, 1989, Ace and the Terminator defeated the Nasty Boys (Brian Nobbs and Jerry Saggs) to regain the NWA Florida Tag Team title.
- On May 7, 1989, the Dynamic Dudes (Ace and Shane Douglas) defeated The Samoan Swat Team at Wrestlewar ’89: Music City Showdown.
- Ace defeated Kenta Kobashi on September 2, 1989 at the Budokan Hall.
- On June 7, 1990, Kobashi and Ace defeated the Fantastics (Tommy Rogers and Bobby Fulton) for the vacant All Japan All Asian Tag Team title in Fukui, Japan.
- Ace and Kobashi regained the All Asian Tag Team belts on July 8, 1991 by defeating the Can-Am Express in Tokyo.
- During the spring of 1992, Ace finished in fourth place (with twelve points) in All Japan’s Champion Carnival.
- On August 8, 1993, Ace defeated Doink in Bayamon, Puerto Rico at WWC’s 20th Anniversary show.
- Ace and Spivey beat Dan Kroffat and Doug Furnas on December 3, 1993 in Tokyo.
- On March 5, 1994, Ace, Richard Slinger and Rob Van Dam defeated the Patriot, the Eagle and Johnny Gunn at the Budokan Hall.
- Ace and the Patriot defeated Furnas and Bobby Duncum Jr. on June 9, 1995 in Tokyo.
- On September 5, 1996 in Tokyo, Japan, Ace and “Dr. Death” Steve Williams defeated Mitsuharu Misawa and Jun Akiyama for the All Japan World Tag Team title.
- At All Japan’s 24th Anniversary Show on October 18, 1996, Ace, Maunukea Mossman, and Bobby Duncum Jr. beat Masao Inoue, Tamon Honda, and Takao Omori.
- Ace and Kobashi defeated Toshiaki Kawada and Akira Taue in Sapporo, Japan to claim the AJPW Tag Team title on May 27, 1997.
- After dropping the AJPW Tag Team belts to Williams and Gary Albright, Ace and Kobashi regained them on October 4, 1997 in Nagoya, Japan.
- Before a reported 55,000 fans at the Egg Dome in Tokyo on May 2, 1999, Ace and the Road Warriors (Ace and Road Warrior Animal are brothers) defeated Kobashi, Akiyama and Hakushi.
- On June 9, 1999, Ace and Mike Barton (Bart Gunn) defeated Kobashi and Jun Akiyama in Sendai, Japan for Ace’s fourth AJPW Tag Team title.
- After retiring from in ring competition, Laurinaitis accepted a road agent position with WWE.
- On April 9, 2004, Laurinaitis was named vice president of talent relations, replacing Jim Ross.
- On October 10, 2011, Laurinaitis was named interim Raw General Manager.
- At Wrestlemania 28, Team Johnny (David Otunga (captain), Mark Henry, Dolph Ziggler, Jack Swagger, The Miz, and Drew McIntyre) defeated Team Teddy (Santino Marella (captain), R-Truth, Kofi Kingston, Zack Ryder, The Great Khali, and Booker T).
- At Over the Limit ’12, Laurinaitis defeated John Cena.