Jan 18, 2010 - by Steve Gerweck
Real name: Mike Polchlopek
Weight: 263 lbs.
Date of birth: December 27, 1963
Hometown: Eddyville, KY
Pro debut: 1991
Trained by: Denny Cass
Finishing move: Left Hook Punch
- In the WWF, Billy and Bart Gunn formed the tag team the Smokin’ Gunns, managed by Sunny.
- At the 1993 King of the Ring, the Smokin’ Gunns and the Steiner Brothers won over Ted DiBiase, Irwin R. Schyster and the Headshrinkers.
- At the 1993 Summerslam, the Smokin’ Gunns and Tatanka beat Bam Bam Bigelow and the Headshrinkers.
- On January 23, 1995, the Smokin’ Gunns defeated the 1-2-3 Kid and Bob Holly in Palmetto, FL to capture the WWF World Tag Team title.
- On September 25, 1995, WWF President Gorilla Monsoon stripped Diesel (Kevin Nash) and Shawn Michaels of the WWF Tag Team title, and returned the belts to the previous holders, Owen Hart and Yokozuna. The same night, the Smokin’ Gunns recaptured the title.
- The WWF World Tag Team title was vacated on February 15, 1996 when Billy Gunn underwent neck surgery.
- The Smokin’ Gunns defeated the Godwinns to capture their third WWF World Tag Team title on May 26, 1996, at an In Your House PPV in Florence, SC.
- The Gunns split up, and their manager Sunny also went in a new direction.
- At the Survivor Series ’96, the Gunn’s fought on opposite teams.
- During the summer of 1998, Gunn won the WWF’s Brawl for All, defeating Bradshaw in the finals.
- Gunn eventually left the WWF, and joined the All Japan Pro Wrestling roster.
- Gunn and Johhny Ace defeated Maunukea Mossman and Takao Omori on December 5, 1998 in Tokyo, Japan.
- On June 9, 1999, Gunn and Ace defeated Kenta Kobashi and Jun Akiyama in Sendai, Japan for the All Japan Tag Team title.
- Later in 1999, Gunn’s ring name was changed to Mike Barton.
- On September 4, 1999, Barton, Ace, and George Hines beat Gary Albright, Maunukea Mossman and Scorpio in Tokyo.
- Barton and Jim Steele beat Jinsei Shinzaki and Nobutaka Araya on April 14, 2001.
- On September 8, 1999, Barton and Masa Chono beat Toshiaki Kawada and Mitsuya Nagai.
- At All Japan’s 29th Anniversary Show show on October 27, 2001, Barton, Steve Williams, Mike Rotunda and Steele beat Mitsuya Nagai, Nobutaka Araya, Shigeo Okumura and Yuto Aijima.
- On July 20, 2002, Barton and Steele beat Williams and Rotunda, Johnny Smith and George Hines, and Kronic in a four way match.
- Barton, Yoshihiro Takayama, and Shin’ya Makabe defeated Hiro Saito, Tatsutoshi Goto, and Hiroyoshi Tenzan on July 8, 2003.
- In his MMA debut in June 2006 in Hawaii, Barton defeated Cabbage.