Jan 18, 2010 - by Steve Gerweck
Real name: Adolfo Bresciano
Weight: 256 lbs.
Date of birth: August 6, 1948
Date of death: March 11, 1993
From: Montreal, Quebec
Pro debut: 1970
Trained by: Gino Brito
Finishing move: Airplane Spin
- In the mid 1970′s, Bravo won NWA Mid Atlantic Tag Team titles with Mr. Wrestling, Tiger Conway Jr., and Ricky Steamboat.
- In 1973, Bravo and Gino Brito captured the Grand Prix Tag Team title.
- On October 25, 1974, Bravo and Victor Rivera defeated Tonny Rocco and Raul Reyes in Los Angeles, CA for the NWA Americas Tag Team title.
- Bravo defeated Ric Flair on a referee’s reverse decision on May 14, 1976.
- Bravo and Dominic Denucci defeated Toru Tanaka and Mr. Fuji on March 14, 1978 in Philadelphia, PA for the WWWF World Tag Team title.
- On December 17, 1978, Bravo defeated Gene Kiniski to become the first NWA Canadian champion.
- Bravo defeated Greg Valentine on June 3, 1979 in Toronto, Ontario to regain the NWA Canadian title.
- In September 1979, Bravo was recognized as the first AWA Canadian champion.
- Bravo defeated Michel Dubois for the International Heavyweight title on June 20, 1981. (He had first won the title in 1980).
- On March 7, 1983, Bravo defeated Billy Robinson in Montreal, Quebec for the International title.
- On February 20, 1984, Bravo and Tony Parisi defeated Pierre Lefebvre and Frenchy Martin for the International Tag Team title.
- Bravo defeated King Tonga (Haku) on February 11, 1985 to regain the International title. (Verne Gagne served as the special guest referee).
- On May 28, 1985, Bravo again defeated King Tonga for the International title.
- In August 1985, Bravo was recognized as the first WWF Canadian Heavyweight champion.
- In early 1986, Bravo left the WWF following the company’s decision to cancel a scheduled Hulk Hogan-Bravo Montreal match due to fear Hogan would be booed.
- Bravo rejoined the WWF in 1987, this time sporting blonde hair and being managed by Frenchy Martin. (He was eventually replaced by Jimmy Hart).
- On November 16, 1987 in East Rutherford, NJ, Bravo and Greg “The Hammer” Valentine defeated the Junkyard Dog and Brutus Beefcake.
- At Summerslam ’88 in New York, NY, Bravo defeated Don Muraco.
- At the 1988 Survivor Series, Andre the Giant’s Team (Bravo, Andre the Giant, Mr. Perfect, Rick Rude, and Harley Race) defeated Jake Robert’s Team (Roberts, Jim Duggan, Ken Patera, Scott Casey, and Tito Santana).
- Bravo defeated Ronnie Garvin at Wrestlemania V in Atlantic City, NJ.
- At Survivor Series ’89, King’s Court (Bravo, Valentine, Randy Savage, and Earthquake) defeated The Four-by-Fours (Duggan, Garvin, Bret Hart, and Hercules).
- At WWC’s 18th Anniversary show on July 6, 1991, Bravo beat WWC Universal Champ Carlos Colon via reverse decision.