Jan 14, 2010 - by Steve Gerweck
Real name: Lane Huffman
Weight: 292 lbs.
Date of birth: August 22, 1958
From: Harlem, NY
Pro debut: 1989
Trained by: Scott Casey
Finishing move: Heat Seeker
- Stevie Ray and his brother Booker T became a tag team in the Texas-based WWA promotion. The duo stayed in the territory for three years.
- Booker T and Stevie Ray moved to the Global Wrestling Federation, and were managed by Gary Hart. The team received the name “The Ebony Experience.”
- The Ebony Experience beat Stevie Dane and Gary Young for the GWF Tag Team title on July 31, 1992.
- The Ebony Experience claimed their second GWF Tag Team title in September 1992, and their third on February 26, 1993 from Bad Breed (Ian and Axl Rotten).
- Booker T and Stevie Ray made their WCW debut on July 7, 1993, teaming with Sid Vicious in a six man tag match.
- Harlem Heat captured their first WCW World Tag Team title on December 8, 1994, defeating The Patriot and Marcus Alexander Bagwell in Atlanta, GA.
- After dropping the title to the Nasty Boys, Harlem Heat regained the belts on June 24, 1995.
- Harlem Heat won the WCW Tag Team title at Fall Brawl 1995, defeating “Dirty” Dick Slater and Bunkhouse Buck.
- Their third title only lasted one day, but the duo regained the tag team title nine days later from Bagwell and Scotty Riggs.
- On the June 24, 1996 “Nitro,” Harlem Heat overcome Lex Luger and Sting to capture their fifth WCW Tag Team title.
- Three days after losing the tag team title to the Steiner brothers, Harlem Heat regained the straps three nights later on July 27, 1996.
- Booker T and Stevie Ray over powered Public Enemy to capture their seventh WCW tag team title on October 1, 1996 in Canton, OH.
- Harlem Heat defeated Bam Bam Bigelow and Kanyon for the WCW World Tag Team title at the 1999 Road Wild.
- Harlem Heat beat Barry and Kendall Windham at the 1999 Fall Brawl in Winston-Salem, NC for the WCW World Tag Team title.
- When the Filthy Animals were stripped of the WCW Tag Team belts due to an injury suffered by Rey Mysterio Jr., the title was put up in a three-way dance at the 1999 Halloween Havoc. Harlem Heat claimed their tenth WCW World Tag Team title defeating Hugh Morrus and Brian Knobs and Konnan and Kidman.
- In early 2000, Stevie Ray formed the New Harlem Heat with Big T (Tony Norris).
- Later in 2000, Stevie Ray served as a color commentator on WCW’s “Thunder” program.
- In October 2001, Stevie Ray embarked on a tour of Australia with such superstars as Jeff Jarrett, Jerry Lawler, and Bret Hart.