Jan 14, 2010 - by Steve Gerweck
Real name: Matthew Anoi’a
Weight: 386 lbs.
Date of birth: April 7, 1970
Hometown: The Island Of Samoa
Pro debut: 1994
Trained at: The Wild Samoan
Pro Wrestling Camp
Finishing move: Revolving Leg Drop
– Samoan Gangstas (LA Smooth and Matt E. Smalls, Kimo) defeated the Love Connection on May 24, 1997 to capture the WXW (World Xtreme Wrestling) Tag Team title in Hazleton, PA.
– On September 17, 1997, the Samoan Gangstas captured the WXW Tag Team title from the Mad Russian and Russian Eliminator.
– The Island Boys secured WWE developmental contracts, and were assigned to Les Thather’s HWA promotion in Cincinnati, OH.
– On June 21, 2001, the Samoans (Matty Samu and Fatu) defeated Hideki Hosaka and Yoshinori Sasaki for the FMW (Frontier Martial Arts Wrestling) Hardcore Tag Team title in Tokyo, Japan.
– On November 14, 2001, the Island Boys defeated Evan Karagias and Shannon Moore in Dayton, OH to capture the HWA Tag Team title.
– At the end of their run in the HWA, the Island Boys gained a manager in the form of Haku.
– The Island Boys made their WWE television debuts on the July 22, 2002 episode of “Raw,” destroying D-Lo Brown and Shawn Stasiak in the process.
– The following week, the Island Boys jumped Mae Young and the Fabulous Moolah. One of the Boys delivered a big splash from the top rope on the ageless Young.
– To the pleasure of Raw general manager Eric Bischoff, the Island Boys attacked ring announcers Howard Finkel and Lilian Garcia.
– On the August 12, 2002 edition of “Raw,” the Island Boys splashed Mini Dust. By this time, the boys were identified as Jamal and Rosey.
– Two weeks later, the Island Boys did the same to wrestling legend Jimmy “Superfly” Snuka.
– On the September 12, 2002 episode of “Smackdown,” Bischoff revealed himself as the old man conducting the Billy and Chuck wedding ceremony, and the Rosey and Jamal arrived and attacked Smackdown GM Stephanie McMahon.
– At the 2002 Unforgiven PPV in Los Angeles, CA, Rosey and Jamal defeated Billy and Chuck. As a result, Stephanie was forced to perform HLA.
– In their first WWE televised match, Rosey and Jamal defeated Booker T and Goldust.
– A short time later, Rosey and Jamal became 3 Minute Warning.
– On the February 3, 2003 episode of “Raw,” 3 Minute Warning defeated the Dudley Boyz.
– In June 2003, WWE released Jamal.
– During the summer of 2003, Rosey became a super hero in training under The Hurricane.
– At Backlash ’04, Rosey and the Hurricane defeated La Resistance.
– The Hurricane and Rosey won a five team tag team turmoil match to win the World Tag Team title at Backlash ’05 in Manchester, NH.
– A short time later, The Hurricane and Rosey picked up the services of Stacy Keibler.
– On March 21, 2006, Rosey was released by WWE.
– Rosey (in his All Japan debut) and Taiyo Kea d. Arashi and Satoshi Kojima on June 25, 2006 in Tokyo.