Jan 8, 2010 - by Steve Gerweck
Real names: Ron & Don Harris
Height: 6’5″ (each)
Weight: 280 lbs. (each)
Date of birth: October 23, 1961
Hometown: Nashville, TN
Pro debut: 1988
Trained by: Rocky Montana
Finishing move: H-Bomb
- Ron and Don Harris debuted as the Bruise Brothers.
- On February 29, 1990, the Bruise Brothers defeated Gary Young and Max Pain for the CWA Tag Team title in Memphis, TN.
- Don Harris and Brian Lee beat Rex King and Joey Maggs for the USWA Tag Team title on August 11, 1990.
- Harris and Lee regained the USWA Tag Team title on September 10, 1990, from Jeff Jarrett and Jeff Gaylord.
- On May 4, 1991, the Bruise Brothers defeated Steve Doll and Rex King for the NWA Pacific Northwest Tag Team title.
- The Harrisâ€™ beat Doll and Jimmy Jack Funk for the Pacific Northwest Tag Team title on June 20, 1991.
- On September 1, 1991, the Grappler and Don Harris defeated Doll and Demolition Crush (Brian Adams).
- The Bruise Brothers defeated the Grappler and Doll for the Pacific Northwest Tag Team title in Florence, OR, on November 25, 1991. Two weeks later, the Harrisâ€™ again relieved the Grappler/Doll team for the same title.
- On January 18, 1992, Ron defeated Demolition Crush in Portland for the NWA Pacific Northwest title.
- The next night, the Bruise Brothers defeated Jesse and Art Barr for the Pacific Northwest title.
- Ron captured a second Pacific Northwest title on March 24, 1992, defeating Doll for the title in Vancouver, Washington.
- The Bruise Brothers won a tag team tournament for the CWUSA Tag Team title on November 18, 1992, in Tokyo, Japan.
- On December 28, 1992, the Harris Brothers defeated the Moondogs (Spot and Spike) for the USWA Tag Team title.
- The Harrisâ€™ won a tag team tournament to capture the vacated USWA Tag Team title on January 25, 1993. In the finals, Ron and Don defeated Jerry “The King” Lawler and Jeff Jarrett.
- On February 15, 1993, the Harris Brothers defeated the Moondogs for the USWA Tag Team title.
- The Bruise Brothers beat the Rock Ãƒ¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã‹Å“nâ€™ Roll Express for the SMW (Smoky Mountain Wrestling) Tag Team title on July 28, 1993 in Council, VA.
- The Bruise Brothers defeated Far 2 Wild (Todd Morton and Chris Michaels) for the USWA Tag Team title in Memphis on October 10, 1994.
- In the WWF, the Harris Brothers became the Disciples of Apocalypse.
- Paul Ellering, the long time manager of the Legion of Doom, entered the WWF, but turned his back on Hawk and Animal and sided with the DOA.
- The DOA defeated LOD 2000 at the 1998 Fully Loaded PPV in Fresno, Calif.
- The Harris Brothers arrived in WCW as Creative Control, personal bodyguards of the “Powers that Be.”
- Creative Control defeated Konnan and Kidman for the WCW World Tag Team title on November 22, 1999.
- On February 13, 2000, Ron and Don defeated the Mamalukes (Big Vito and Johnny the Bull) for the WCW World Tag Team title in Oberhausen, Germany. The Mamalukes regained the title the next day, yet the title switch was not acknowledged on television.
- At Uncensored 2000, the Harris Brothers relieved the Mamalukes of the WCW World Tag Team title in Miami, FL.
- On the April 10th edition of “Nitro,” the Harris Brothers were stripped of the WCW World Tag Team title by the short-lived Bischoff-Russo alliance.
- After being off television for months, the Harris Brothers returned at the New Blood Rising PPV to cause Kronic to drop the WCW World Tag Team title to the Great Muta and Vampiro.
- At Fall Brawl 2000 in Buffalo, NY, the Harris Brothers defeated Kronic in a chain/first blood match.
- At Starrcade 2000, the Harris Brothers and Jeff Jarrett defeated the Filthy Animals (Konnan, Kidman, and Mysterio) in a six man bunkhouse match.
- In March 2001, the Harris Brothers were released by WCW.
- In the fall of 2001, the Harris Brothers competed in the 25th annual All Japan Tag Team tournament.
- On the August 14, 2002 NWA TNA PPV, Don Harris defeated Malice (The former Wall) in a “last man standing” match.
- On July 19, 2003, Ron defeated Ron Powers in Eldon, MO for the WLW (World Legion Wrestling) title.
- In early 2005, Harris brothers returned to TNA as The Disciples of Destruction.
- At Destination X, Disciples of Destruction (managed by Tracy Brooks) defeated Phi Delta Slam.