Real name: Tonga Uliuli Fifita
Weight: 295 lbs.
Date of birth: February 3, 1959
Pro debut: 1977
Trained by: Giant Baba
Finishing move: Tongan Death Grip
– Fitita debut in Puerto Rico as King Tonga for the WWC (World Wrestling Council) promotion.
– King Tonga defeated the Invader 1 on January 15, 1983 for the WWC Puerto Rican title in San Juan, Puerto Rico.
– On June 11, 1983, King Tonga and El Gran Apollo defeated Buddy Landel and Terry Gibbs for the WWC North American Tag Team title.
– King Tonga and Apollo claimed their second WWC North American Tag Team title on October 8, 1983 in Aguadilla, Puerto Rico. The duo vacated the Tag Team title on April 9, 1984 when El Gran Apollo retired.
– On March 24, 1984, King Tonga pinned Bob Sweetan in Bayamon, Puerto Rico for his second WWC Puerto Rican title.
– From Puerto Rico, King Tonga moved onto Montreal.
– Managed by Tarzan Tyler, King Tonga defeated the late Dino Bravo on October 9, 1984 for the International title.
– On May 27, 1985, King Tonga and Richard Charland won a tournament to claim the vacant International Tag Team title in Quebec City, Quebec.
– In 1987, he signed with the World Wrestling Federation and became Haku.
– Haku and Tama (Samoan Savage in WCW) formed the Islanders tag team. The duo was managed by Bobby “The Brain” Heenan.
– At Wrestlemania IV, Heenan and his Islanders defeated the British Bulldog and Koko B. Ware.
– In the summer 1988, Haku became King Haku in a special coronation ceremony on WWF “Superstars.” (Harley Race had to vacant his crown due to injury).
– King Haku defeated Harley Race at the 1989 Royal Rumble.
– On December 13, 1989, The Colossal Connection (Haku and the late Andre the Giant) captured the WWF World Tag Team title from Demolition in Huntsville, AL.
– Before 46,000 Japanese wrestling fans, Haku and “The Million Dollar Man” Ted DiBiase defeated the Great Kabuki and Takashi Ishikawa on March 30, 1991 at the Tokyo Egg Dome.
– On June 7, 1991, Haku and Yoshiaki Yatsu beat Genichiro Tenryu and Randy Savage at Tokyo’s Sumo Hall.
– On Valentine’s Day ’92, the Natural Powers (Haku and Yoshiaki Yatsu) won a tournament to become the SWS World Tag Team champions.
– The Natural Powers claimed their second SWS Tag Team title on April 18, 1992 from the Natural Disasters (Typhoon and John Tenta) in Tokyo, Japan.
– On April 2, 1993, Haku beat Dick Slater in Tokyo.
– Haku defeated Mr. Hughes on March 2, 1994 at Tokyo’s Sumo Hall.
– In 1995, Haku became Meng in WCW. He served as a bodyguard for Colonel Rob Parker’s Stud Stable.
– At Uncensored 1995, Meng defeated “Hacksaw” Jim Duggan in a martial arts match.
– Meng defeated the late Brian Pillman at the 1995 Slamboree PPV in St. Petersburg, FL.
– He later formed the Faces of Fear with The Barbarian. Meng and The Barbarian had also teamed in the WWF.
– At Slamboree ’97, Meng forced Chris Benoit submit in a death match.
– In the fall of 1997, Meng and The Barbarian feuded with James Vandenburg’s Wrath (Bryan Clark) and Mortis (Kanyon).
– Meng and The Barbarian beat Glacier and Ernest Miller at the 1997 World War III in Auburn Hills, MI.
– Meng defeated his former tag partner The Barbarian at the 1998 Road Wild in Sturgis, SD.
– At Mayhem ’99, Meng scored a pinfall victory over Lex Luger.
– After a lengthy absence from television, Meng returned to WCW in the fall of 2000.
– At the Sin PPV in Indianapolis, IN, Meng won a three way match over Terry Funk and Crowbar to capture the WCW Hardcore title.
– Haku was voted into the GERWECK.NET Hall of Fame on October 1, 2017.