Diamond Dallas Page
Jan 8, 2010 - by Steve Gerweck
Real name: Page Joseph Falkinburg
Weight: 253 lbs.
Date of birth: April 5, 1956
Hometown: Jersey Shores, NJ
Resides: Los Angeles, CA
Pro debut: March 1988
Trained at: WCW Power Plant
Finishing move: Diamond Cutter
- Page debuted as the manager of Badd Company (Paul Diamond and Pat Tanaka).
- On March 19, 1988, he led his team past the Midnight Rockers (Shawn Michaels and Marty Jannetty) to capture the AWA World Tag Team title.
- Page remained with the AWA for nine months, then departed for Florida Championship Wrestling, where he worked along side Gordon Solie as a color analysis.
- Dusty Rhodes brought Page to WCW, where he managed the Fabulous Freebirds. Page also had the Diamond Dolls, who escorted him to the ring.
- Page also managed Scott Hall, who was known as the Diamond Studd.
- Diamond did color commentary with Eric Bischoff as part of the “B” announcing team.
- On advice from Magnum T.A., DDP entered the WCW Power Plant to train as a wrestler.
- Page made his ring debut with the Diamond Studd in a tag match. Despite displaying talent, he was mostly used as a jobber.
- Scotty Flamingo (Raven) and Vinnie Vegas (Kevin Nash) soon joined Page’s stable.
- During a match in late 1992 with Tex Slazenger and Shanghai Pierce (later known as the Godwinns), Page tore his rotator cuff. Soon after, WCW and Page parted ways.
- Eric Bischoff brought Page back to WCW in early 1994. Page received a bodyguard, Max Muscle, and the Diamond Doll (wife and former Nitro girl Kimberly).
- Page continued where he left off in WCW, putting wrestlers over. He started challenging other wrestlers to arm wrestling contests, promising a date with the Diamond Doll to the one that could beat him.
- Page defeated the late Renegade to capture the WCW Television title at the 1995 Fall Brawl.
- DDP was unable to hold the title long, dropping it to Johnny B. Badd (Marc Mero) at Halloween Havoc. Badd eventually won the services of Kimberly at World War III.
- Page feuded with Eddy Guerrero, which ended with a win by Page at the ’96 Halloween Havoc.
- The newly formed New World Order tried to recruit Page, since both Hall and Nash were at one time managed by DDP. Page wanted no part of their clique.
- Page defeated Buff Bagwell at SuperBrawl VII.
- The New World Order beat up Page, and the letters NWO were spray painted on his back by Randy Savage, which set up a feud. “The Macho Man” brought out a copy of Playboy, which contained nude photographs of Kimberly, and revealed the duo is married.
- On the July 7, 1997 “Nitro” show, DDP dressed as La Parka, and pinned Savage in mere seconds.
- Page defeated Curt Hennig to capture the United States Heavyweight title at Starrcade ’97.
- Out of respect to Chris Benoit, Page granted him a series of title matches for the U.S. title, each time DDP came out on top.
- Page beat Raven in a death match enclosed in a cage at the 1998 Slamboree.
- NBA superstar Karl Malone and Page teamed up to defeat “Hollywood” Hogan and Dennis Rodman at Bash at the Beach ’98.
- When Bischoff and Hogan invaded the stage on the “Tonight Show,” it set up a Bischoff and Hogan vs. Page and Jay Leno match at Road Wild, which was won by the Page & Leno combo, when Leno pinned Bischoff.
- Page won the 1998 War Games match to earn a WCW title shot.
- The night after Halloween Havoc ’98, DDP pinned Bret Hart for the U.S. title.
- Page downed The Giant (The Big Show) at Starrcade ’98.
- A feud ensued with “Big Poppa Pump” Scott Steiner, as he became obsessed with Kimberly. On “Nitro,” Steiner injured Kimberly by tossing her from a moving vehicle.
- Page nailed Ric Flair with the Diamond Cutter at Spring Stampede ’99, winning his first WCW title.
- DDP dropped and regained the WCW title from Sting on the April 26, 1999 edition of “Nitro.”
- Page formed the Triad with Bam Bam Bigelow and Kanyon.
- DDP and Bigelow defeated Saturn & Kanyon (subbing for Raven) for the WCW World Tag Team title at the 1999 Great American Bash.
- Page defeated Flair at Halloween Havoc ’99 in Las Vegas, NV.
- At Starrcade ’99, DDP defeated David Flair.
- At Mayhem 2000, Page and Nash beat Chuck Palumbo and Shawn Stasiak for the WCW World Tag Team title.
- Page and Nash regained the WCW World Tag Team title from Palumbo and Stasiak at Starrcade 2000 in Washington, D.C.
- Page signed with WWFE after the company purchased WCW.
- On the June 18, 2001 episode of “Raw,” Page revealed himself as Sara’s (the Undertaker’s wife) stalker.
- Page abducted Debra on the July 19, 2001 edition of “Smackdown.”
- At Invasion, Team WCW/ECW (Booker T, DDP, the Dudley’s, and Rhyno) defeated Team WWF (Austin, Angle, Undertaker, Kane, and Chris Jericho) in the Inaugural Brawl.
- On July 26, 2001, DDP pinned Apolo at the Roque Nido Stella Coliseum, Guayama for the IWA promotion.
- At the August 7, 2001 “Smackdown” taping in LA, CA, Page and Kanyon defeated the APA to capture the WWF World Tag Team title.
- Following an injury, Page returned to the WWF with a new motivational speaker gimmick.
- At the January 29, 2002 “Smackdown” taping in Norfolk, VA, Page defeated Christian to capture the WWF European title.
- On March 3, 2002, Page successfully defended the European title against Haku in Singapore.
- At Wrestlemania X-8, Page successfully defended the European title against Christian.
- On June 12, 2002, Page informed WWE management that he was retiring from the ring due to a serious neck injury.
- In November 2002, Page was released from his WWE contract.
- On November 9, 2004, Page debuted for TNA at the Impact tapings in Orlando, FL.
- At the Turning Point PPV in Orlando, Page defeated Raven.
- At Against All Odds, Page and Monty Brown defeated Bobby Roode and Eric Young.
- At the 2005 Lockdown PPV, Page, BG James and Sean Waltman defeated Jeff Jarrett, Monty Brown and the Outlaw (Billy Gunn).