Jan 8, 2010 - by Steve Gerweck
Real name: Chris Ford
Weight: 230 lbs.
Date of birth: March 4, 1974
Hometown: Rutherford, NJ
Pro debut: January 1992
Trained at: Iron Mike Sharpe’s School
Finishing move: Inverted DDT
- Ford made his debut on independent circuit as Devon Storm. He was involved in a battle royal in his first match.
- In June 1994, Storm and Kodiak Bear captured the East Coast Professional Wrestling (ECPW) tag team title.
- On November 4, 1994, Storm pinned El Mascarado to become the first ever IFN (International Fighting Network) champion in Lodi, NJ.
- Storm defeated Chad Austin on December 29, 1995 in Essex, MD for the MEWF (Mid-Eastern Wrestling Federation) title.
- On March 2, 1997, Storm teamed with Mark Shrader to defeated Rockin’ Rebel and Thomas Rodman in Baltimore, MD for the MEWF Tag Team title.
- Storm pinned Ace Darling for the New Jack City Wrestling (NJCW) Light Heavyweight title on March 14, 1997.
- On Valetine’s Day ’98, Storm defeated the Reckless Youth in the finals of tournament to crown a new NWA Light Heavyweight champion.
- Storm and Darling defeated the Misfits on February 28, 1998 for the NWA United States Tag Team title in Philadelphia, PA.
- On August 29, 1998, Storm and Darling captured the EWA (Eternity Wrestling Assocation) Tag Team title from Slayer and Lupus in Brick, NJ.
- Storm spent part of 1998 working as a physical therapist.
- Storm and Darling defeated Harley Lewis and Lupus for the NWA 2000 Tag Team title in Cherry Hill, NJ.
- On November 28, 1998, Storm and Darling won a tournament to capture the ECWA (East Coast Wrestling Association) tag team title.
- Storm defeated Lord Zieg for the NWA New York Television title in Staten Island, NY on May 8, 1999.
- Ford signed with WCW in late 1999. He was assigned to the WCW Power Plant, and eventually debuted on WCW Saturday Night.
- At the November 6, 2000 “Thunder” television taping, Crowbar defeated Reno for the WCW Hardcore title in Chicago, IL.
- Crowbar successfully defended the Hardcore title against both Reno and Big Vito at Mayhem 2000 in Milwaukee, WI.
- In March 2001, Ford was released by WCW.
- Prior to the April 10, 2001 “Smackdown” taping in Philadelphia, PA, Ford received a WWF try out.
- At the ECW Arena on August 11, 2001, Crowbar defeated Roadkill and Billy Reil in a three way dance on a MECW show.
- In October 2001, Crowbar embarked on a tour of Australia with such superstars as Jeff Jarrett, Jerry Lawler, and Bret Hart.
- Storm defeated Sabu in a no-disqualification match at the February 24, 2002 WWA “Revolution” PPV in Las Vegas, NV.
- On the July 10, 2002 NWA TNA PPV in Nashville, TN, Ford debuted for the company as Tempest, managed by Father James Mitchell.