Real name: Robert James Jr.
Weight: 233 lbs.
Date of birth: June 15, 1961
Date of death: November 1, 2012
From: Austin, TX
Pro debut: 1980
Trained by: Bob Armstrong
Finishing move: Armstrong Leg Sweep Leg Drop
– In December 1980, Brad and his father Bob Armstrong defeated Dennis Condrey and Randy Rose for the NWA Southeast Tag Team titles.
– In April 1981, Brad & Bob Armstrong defeated Condrey and Rose to regain the NWA Southeast Tag Team titles.
– On May 4, 1981, Armstrong and The Shadow (Norvell Austin) won the vacant NWA Southeast Tag Team titles.
– On November 25, 1981, Brad & Bob Armstrong became the first NWA National Tag Team champions defeating Mr. Fuji and Mr. Saito in Atlanta, GA.
– On April 13, 1983, Armstrong and Magnum T.A won the NWA Florida Global Tag Team titles defeating Don Kent & Johnny Heffernan in Miami, FL.
– On October 1983, Brad & Scott Armstrong defeated Midnight Express (Condrey & Rose) for the NWA Southeast Tag Team titles.
– On February 18, 1984, Armstrong defeated Ted Dibiase in Atlanta, GA for the NWA National Heavyweight title.
– On May 4, 1984, Armstrong won back the NWA National Heavyweight title defeating The Spoiler in Marietta, GA.
– On November 1, 1984, Lightning Express (Armstrong & Tim Horner) defeated Rip Rogers & Ted Oates for the NWA National Tag Team titles.
– On December 5, 1984, Armstrong defeated Ernie Ladd for the Mid-South North American Heavyweight title in Shreveport, LA.
– On March 14, 1986, Armstrong captured the NWA Southeast Continental Heavyweight title defeating Robert Fuller in Mobile, AL.
– On June 23, 1986, Armstrong defeated Jerry Stubbs to recapture the NWA Southeast Continental Heavyweight title in Birmingham, AL.
– On September 8, 1986, Armstrong regained the NWA Southeast Continental Heavyweight championship defeating Jerry Stubbs in Birmingham, AL.
– On May 17, 1987, Lightning Express (Armstrong & Tim Horner) won the UWF Tag Team titles defeating Sting & Rick Steiner in Tulsa, OK.
– On November 28, 1988, Brad & Bob Armstrong won the CWF Tag Team titles defeating Tony Anthony & Jerry Stubbs in Birmingham, AL.
– On June 3, 1991, The Freebirds (Michael Hayes, Jimmy Garvin & Bad Street (Armstrong) defeated Tommy Rich, Ricky Morton & Junkyard Dog for the WCW World Six-Man Tag Team titles in Birmingham, AL.
– On July 5, 1992, In Atlanta, GA, Armstrong won the WCW Light Heavyweight championship defeating Scotty Flamingo.
– On August 4, 1995, Armstrong won the USWA Southern Heavyweight championship defeating Billy Jack Haynes in Knoxville, TN.
– On August 12, 1995, Armstrong won the SMW Heavyweight title defeating Buddy Landell in Johnson City, TN.
– On November 23, 1995, Armstrong defeated Terry Gordy for the SMW Heavyweight title in Knoxville, TN.
– On September 19, 2004, Armstrong and his brother Scott defeated Stan Lee & Ric Cannon for the Tennessee Mountain Wrestling Tag Team titles.
– On February 19, 2005, Armstrong won the Exodus Wrestling Heavyweight title defeating George South, Sr.
– On August 19, 2005, Armstrong and Ricky Morton won the NWA Rocky Top Tag Team titles defeating the Midnight Express.
– In September 2006, Armstrong signed a contract with WWE.