Dec 7, 2009 - by Steve Gerweck
Real name: Amy Christine Dumas
Weight: 135 lbs.
Date of birth: April 14, 1975
Born: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Resides: Sanford, NC
Pro debut: 1999
Trained by: Various
Finishing move: Moonsault
- Dumas was trained in Mexico by Ricky Santana, Dave Sierrea, Kevin Quinn, and Miguel Perez.
- Upon completion of her training, Dumas had a brief stint with the EMLL (Empresa Mexicana de Lucha Libre) promotion in Mexico.
- On the independent circuit, Dumas wrestled as Angelica. She also served as a manager, and for a time, managed Christopher Daniels.
- In ECW, Dumas was known as Angelica and Miss Congeniality. She managed the tag team of Danny Doring and Road Kill.
- On August 28, 1999, Doring, Road Kill, and Angelica beat Super Nova, Chris Chetti, and Jazz at the ECW Arena.
- On November 1, 1999, the WWF signed Dumas to a developmental deal.
- Before debuting in the WWF, she was sent to train under wrestling legend Dory Funk Jr. During her stay with Funk, she competed in a battle royal at Masters of Mayhem for his Florida promotion.
- Dumas was next assigned to Memphis Championship Wrestling for further development.
- At the February 8, 2000 “Smackdown/Heat” tapings in Austin, TX, WWF Light Heavyweight champion Gillberg challenged any one in the back to a title match. Essa Rios (the former Papi Chulo) accepted, and was seconded by Lita. Rios pinned Gillberg for the WWF Light Heavyweight title.
- On the May 22, 2000 episode of “Raw,” Rios joined the Godfather for a match against Perry Saturn and Dean Malenko. When Lita spotted Rios with the Godfather’s ladies, she became enraged and caused Rios to be pinned by Saturn.
- The following night at the “Smackdown” taping, Rios turned on Lita during his match with Matt Hardy. The Hardy Boyz helped a shaken up Lita to the back.
- At Fully Loaded 2000, the Hardy Boyz and Lita defeated T&A (Test and Albert) and Trish Stratus in a six person tag match, when Lita pinned Stratus.
- Lita and Chris Jericho defeated Chris Benoit and Stratus on the July 27, 2000 edition of “Smackdown” in a mixed gender match.
- On the July 31, 2000 edition of “Raw,” Lita and The Rock defeated Triple H and Stratus at the Georgia Dome in Atlanta.
- On the August 21, 2000 episode of “Raw,” Lita defeated Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley for the WWF Women’s title in Lafayette, LA. The Rock served as the special guest referee.
- On the August 31, 2000 edition of “Smackdown,” the Hardy Boyz and Lita defeated the WWF World Tag Team Champions Edge, Christian, and Jacquelyn in a mixed gender tag match.
- On the September 11, 2000 episode of “Raw,” Lita successfully defended the Women’s title against former champion, Ivory.
- Lita again successfully defended the WWF Women’s title against Jacquelyn on the October 9, 2000 edition “Raw,” this time in a hardcore match.
- Lita won a “bra & panties” match over Stratus to retain the WWF Women’s title on the October 23, 2000 episode of “Raw.”
- Malenko won a date with Lita which was seen on the December 7, 2000 edition of “Smackdown.” In the end, the Hardy Boyz attacked Malenko in a hotel room.
- On the February 19, 2001 episode of “Raw,” Lita and Matt Hardy shared a passionate kiss.
- At Invasion, Lita and Stratus defeated Torrie Wilson and Stacy Keibler in a “bra & panties” match.
- At the Rebellion ’01 PPV in Manchester, England, Lita and Wilson defeated Mighty Molly and Keibler.
- Lita served as the special guest referee for the Matt vs. Jeff Hardy match at the Vengeance PPV.
- On March 3, 2002, Lita defeated Might Molly in Singapore.
- In April 2002, Lita suffered a neck injury while filming FOX’s “Dark Angel” season finale in Vancouver.
- In October 2002, Lita was named co-host of MTV’s Sunday Night “Heat” by Eric Bischoff.
- Lita returned to “Raw” on April 21, 2003, but was “fired” by Bischoff.
- At Unforgiven ’03, Lita and Stratus defeated Molly Holly and Gail Kim.
- On the December 6, 2004 edition of “Raw” in Charlotte, NC, Lita defeated Stratus to win the WWE Women’s title.
- In 2005, Lita sided with Edge after it was learned she had cheated on her then boyfriend Matt Hardy.
- At New Year’s Revolution ’06, Lita was in Edge’s corner when he defeated John Cena for the WWE title in Albany, NY.
- At One Night Stand ’06, Mick Foley, Edge, and Lita defeated Tommy Dreamer, Terry Funk, and Beulah.
- On the August 14, 2006 edition of “Raw” in Charlottesville, VA, Lita defeated Mickie James to capture WWE’s Women’s title.
- At Cyber Sunday ’06 in Cincinnati, OH, Lita defeated Mickie James to capture the vacate WWE Women’s title.
- Lita’s contract expired on December 1, 2006, and her final match was against Mickie James at the Survivor Series in Philadelphia, PA.