Nov 14, 2009 - by Steve Gerweck
Real name: José Delgado Saldaña
Weight: 187 lbs.
Date of birth: December 10, 1977
From: Tijuana, Mexico
Pro debut: January 3, 1994
Trained by: Diablo Velasco and Flash I
Finishing move: Moonsault
– Mr. Aguila first competed as Papi Chulo in the WWF, before changing his ring name to Essa Rios.
– Mr. Aguila competed in the WWF Light Heavyweight title tournament in late 1997.
– On May 21, 1999, Mr. Aguila defeated Taka Michinoku in Carolina, Puerto Rico for the vacate IWA (International Wrestling Associaton) Junior Heavyweight title.
– In the WWF, Lita became Rios’s valet.
– On the February 13, 2000 (taped February 8th in Austin, TX) Rios defeated Duane Gill for the WWF Light Heavyweight title.
– After being released by the WWF in December 2001, Mr. Aguila returned to Mexico.
– Mr. Aguila, AAA Mascara Sagrada, Zorro and Gronda won a steel cage match over Head Hunter I, Mascara Maligna, Abismo Negro and Canek on May 5, 2002 in Monterrey, Mexico.
– On July 5, 2002 at TripleMania X-B in Cidudad Madero, Mexico, Mr. Aguila, Perro Aguayo Jr., and Zorro beat Hector Garza, El Dandy and Pirata Morgan.
– Mr. Aguila, El Hijo del Solitario and Oriental defeated Picudo, Chessman and AAA Psicosis on September 1, 2002 in Reynosa, Mexico.
– On January 12, 2003, Mr. Aguila, Garza and Monsther beat Alebrije, Heavy Metal and Panthro in Monterrey.
– Mr. Aguila, Garza, Negro, and Juvetund Guerrera defeated Eric Young, Sharkboy, Chad Collyer and Stryker on the January 28, 2004 NWA TNA PPV.
– On June 20, 2004, Mr. Aguila defeated El Zorro in Naucalpan to capture the UWA (Universal Wrestling Association) Light Heavweight title.
– In October 2005, Mr. Aguila jumped to CMLL.
– On February 16, 2007, Mr. Aguila, Perro Aguayo Jr., and Hector Garza defeated Atlantis, Ultimo Guerrero, and Tarzan Boy at Arena Mexico to capture the CMLL Trios titles.