Nov 14, 2009 - by Steve Gerweck
Real name: Adolfo Tapia
Weight: 255 lbs.
Date of birth: November 14, 1965
Pro debut: 1982
Trained by: Alberto Mora ad Raul Reyes
Finishing move: Skytwister Press
- On May 29, 1993, La Parka, Angel Blanco Jr. and Fantasma defeated Tinieblas Jr., Lizmark and Mascara Sagrada in Queretoro, Mexico.
- In August 1993, La Parka captured the WWA (World Wrestling Association) Light Heavyweight title.
- La Parka and Jerry Estrada won AAA’s Tag Team Tournament on February 25, 1994 in Poza Rica, Mexico.
- La Parka defeated Lizmark on June 20, 1994, in Monterrey, Mexico to regain the WWA Light Heavyweight title.
- On September 9, 1994, La Parka defeated Lizmark to win the D.F. National Light Heavyweight title.
- On June 10, 1995 at Triplemania III – A in Orizaba, Mexico, La Parka, Konnan, Perro Aguayo and Octagon defeated Cien Caras, Mascara Ano 200, Pentagon and Jerry Estrada.
- La Parka , El Hijo del Santo, Octagon, and Rey Misterio Jr. defeated Pentagon, Blue Panther, Psicosis and Fuerza Guerrera on June 18, 1995.
- La Parka defeated Estrada on August 26, 1995 in Monterrey to reclaim the D.F. National Light Heavyweight title.
- On June 15, 1996, La Parka, Octagon, and Mascara Sagrada beat Killer, Cien Caras and Heavy Metal in a “lumberjack” match.
- La Parka, Winners, Super Calo and Mexicano beat Estrada, Fishman, Villano IV and My Flowers in an “elimination” match on July 15, 1996 in Madero, Mexico.
- At Superbrawl VII on February 23, 1997, La Parka, Konnan and Villano IV defeated Juventud Guerrera, Super Calo, and Ciclope.
- On August 14, 1998, La Parka defeated Pirata Morgan in Isabel, Mexico to capture the IWC (International Wrestling Council) title.
- On December 20, 2001, La Parka, Mr. Niebla and Brazo de Plata defeated Emilio Charles Jr., Rey Bucanero and Black Tiger.
- La Parka won a “steel cage” match over Pierroth Jr. on November 7, 2002.
- On April 6, 2003, La Parka, Sagrada and Tinieblas Sr. defeated Apolo Dantes, Pierroth Jr. and Universo 2000 in Monterrey.
- On May 9, 2003 in Orlando, FL, La Parka defeated Sabu.
- In early 2004, Tapia changed his ring name to L.A. Park since AAA owned the legal rights to the gimmick.
- On January 23, 2004 in Mexico City, Mexico, Park and Shocker defeated Ultimo Guerrero and Rey Bucanero to capture the CMLL (Consejo Mundial De Lucha Libre) Tag Team title.
- On February 4, 2006 in Torreon, Park defeated Black Tiger in a “mask vs. mask” match.
- Park beat Pierroth on November 15, 2007 in Xalapa in a mask vs. hair match which featured barbed wire, fire, light tubes and tables in an extreme rules match.
- In 2010, he returned to AAA.