Nov 4, 2009 - by Jamie Cruickshank
Real name: Michael Jones
Weight: 250 lbs.
Date of birth: June 13, 1960
From: Nashville, TN
Pro debut: 1987
Trained by: Afa Anoai
Finishing move: Cobra Clutch
– January 5, 1987: Soul Train Jones (Jones) defeated Big Bubba (Fred Ottman) to win the AWA International Heavyweight title in Memphis.
– April 6, 1987: Soul Train Jones and Rocky Johnson defeated Big Bubba and Goliath for the AWA Southern Tag Team titles.
– Jones got his big break in the WWF as Ted DiBiase’s bodyguard “Virgil.” Virgil would often take the brunt of Ted DiBiase’s evil actions from top faces such as Hulk Hogan, Macho Man and Jake Roberts.
– January 19, 1991 – Royal Rumble: Ted DiBiase and Virgil defeated Dusty & Dustin Rhodes in a tag team match. After the match, DiBiase was especially mean towards Virgil and ordered him to put the million dollar belt around his waist.
– Virgil dropped the belt, but then picked it on DiBiase’s orders, but instead whacked DiBiase accross the forehead with it.
– March 24, 1991 – Wrestlemania 7: Virgil defeated Ted DiBiase w/Sherri Martel by count-out with help from Roddy Piper.
– August 26, 1991 – Summerslam: Virgil defeated Ted DiBiase to win the Million Dollar championship.
– April 5, 1992 – Wrestlemania 8: Duggan/Slaughter/Virgil/Bossman defeated The Mountie/Repo Man/Nasty Boys.
– Jerry Sags accidentally knocked out Brian Knobbs and Virgil pinned him for the victory.
– Jones resurfaced in World Championship Wrestling as a member of the new World order, as the bodyguard of Ted DiBiase.
– He became known as “Vincent” a knock on WWF owner (and former employer), Vince McMahon.
– Vincent fell into the nWo B-Team with Scott Norton, Brian Adams, Stevie Ray and Horace, who often fought amongst themselves.
– Jones eventually changed his gimmick to “Shane” (a knock on Shane McMahon).
– Jones later joined the West Texas Rednecks, and became known as “Curly Bill”.
– Jones would later wrestle under his real name, and job to many stars on WCW’s Saturday Night program.
– In 2000, Jones left WCW and largely stayed away from active wrestling
– In 2010, Jones made a brief reprisal of his Virgil character in the WWE, serving Ted DiBiase Jr in a similar role to his previous run