Real name: Michael Bucci
Weight: 214 lbs.
Date of birth: June 5, 1972
Hometown: Bricktown, NJ
Pro debut: 1992
Trained at: Iron Mike Sharpe’s
School of Wrestling
Finishing move: Nova-Cain
– In 1995, Nova (wrestling as Super Nova) joined Raven’s flock in ECW.
– Nova eventually joined the bWo, or the Blue World Order – a parody of WCW’s New World Order.
– The bWo consisted of the Blue Meanie (da Blue Guy), Steven Richards (little Stevie Cool), and “Hollywood” Nova.
– At Wrestlepalooza ’98, the Blue Meanie and Nova defeated Tracy Smothers and Little Guido of the FBI (Full Blooded Italians).
– Nova and the Blue Meanie beat Danny Doring and Roadkill at the 1998 November to Remember PPV in New Orleans, LA.
– At ECW’s Heatwave ’99, Nova and Chris Chetti defeated Doring and Roadkill.
– On March 13, 2000, Nova and Chetti defeated the Japanese tag team of Gedo and Jado at Living Dangerously in Danbury, CT.
– At Hardcore Heaven ’00, Nova and Chetti defeated DeVito and Angel and Doring and Roadkill in a three-way dance.
– Chetti and Nova defeated Da Baldies – DeVito and Angel – on July 16, 2000 at Heatwave ’00 in Los Angles, CA.
– Chetti eventually turned on Nova, leading to a “Loser Leaves ECW” match at the 2000 November to Remember, a match won by Nova.
– At the Massacre on 34th Street PPV in New York City, Nova beat Julio Dinero.
– At the 2001 Guilty As Charged PPV, Nova pinned Chris Hamrick. Chetti returned dresses as a referee, but received an Acid Drop from Spike Dudley for his troubles.
– On June 13, 2001, Nova and Tommy Dreamer defeated Johnny Swinger and Fantasy to capture the BCW (Border City Wrestling) Tag Team title in Windsor, Ontario, Canada.
– On July 20, 2001, Nova and Frankie Kazarian defeated The BackSeat Boyz (Trent Acid and Johnny Kashmere) for the PCW (Phoenix Championship Wrestling) World Tag Team title.
– On April 27, 2002, Nova and Kazarian beat Steve Corino and C.W. Anderson for the Zero-One promotion in Osaka, Japan.
– In spring 2002, Nova signed a WWE developmental contract. The company assigned him to Ohio Valley Wrestling.
– On May 15, 2002, Nova defeated The Prototype (John Cena) in Jeffersonville, IN for the OVW Heavyweight title.
– Two nights later, Nova, Kazarian, and Chris Chetti defeated Christian York, Joey Matthews, and Cham Pain for Phoenix Championship Wrestling. Nova and Kazarian vacated the PCW Tag Team title.
– On July 12, 2002 at OVW’s Super Summer Sizzlin’ Series, Nova successfully defended the OVW title against Christian.
– On August 31, 2002, Nova and R.C. Haas defeated Damaja and Doug Basham in the finals of a tournament to claim the Russ Haas Memorial Cup in Toms Rivers, NJ.
– In early 2003, Bucci signed a new WWE contract, leaving the developmental roster.
– On October 10, 2003 in Louisville, KY, Nova and Aaron Stevens defeated Chris Cage and Tank Toland for the OVW Tag Team title.
– After being brought up to the “Raw” roster as Simon Dean, Bucci was traded to the “Smackdown” brand on June 30, 2005.
– In August 2006, Bucci replaced Tommy Dreamer as the head of WWE’s developmental program.
– On August 31, 2007, Bucci was fired by WWE.