Nov 1, 2009 - by Steve Gerweck
Real Name: Robert Thomas Conway Jr.
Weight: 220 lbs.
Date of birth: November 28, 1972
From: Pittsburgh, PA
Pro debut: 1997
Trained by: Danny Davis
Finishing move: Ego Trip
Audio: Rob Conway plugs GERWECK.NET
- The Lords of the Ring, Conway and Nick Dinsmore, won the OVW (Ohio Valley Wrestling) Tag Team title tournament on March 18, 1998 in Jeffersonville, IN.
- On April 4, 1998, the Lords of the Ring captured the MCW North American Tag Team title.
- Conway and Dinsmore defeated Rip Rogers and Dave the Rave on May 13, 1998 to regain the OVW Tag Team title.
- Four nights later, the Lords of the Ring dropped the OVW Tag Team title to Rip Rogers and Dave the Rave, but later on the same show, the duo regained the belts for their third reign.
- On September 27, 1998 in Jeffersonville, IN, Conway and Dinsmore won a tournament to capture the vacate OVW Tag Team title.
- Conway defeated Dinsmore on April 28, 1999 in Jeffersonville, IN to win the OVW Heavyweight title.
- On November 24, 1998, the Lords of the Ring beat Vito and Guido Andretti in Louisville, KY for their fifth OVW Tag Team title.
- Conway and Dinsmore defeated Dajama and David C. on January 27, 1999 to regain the OVW Tag Team title.
- On April 28, 1999, Conway beat tag team partner Dinsmore in Jeffersonville, IN to win the OVW title.
- At the second annual Brian Pillman Memorial show on May 19, 1999, Conway and Tim Horner defeated Bull Pain and Flash (Flanagan).
- On August 17, 1999, Conway pinned Damaja to recapture the OVW title in Louisville, KY.
- On September 6, 2000, Conway downed Dinsmore in Jeffersonville, IN to gain his third OVW title.
- On December 12, 2001, Conway and Dinsmore beat Jason Lee and Derrick King to claim the OVW Tag Team title.
- Prior to a WWE television taping on May 17, 2002 in Louisville, KY, Conway and Dinsmore beat Doug Basham and Damaja to capture the OVW Tag Team title.
- Conway and Dinsmore defeated Trailer Park Trash and Flash on June 14, 2002 to claim their ninth OVW Tag Team title.
- During the summer of 2002, Conway competed in matches that were featured on WWE’s “Velocity” program.
- In 2003, Conway teamed with Rene Dupree in La Resistance. When Dupree was drafted for the “Smackdown” brand, Conway teamed with Sylvain Grenier in a new version of La Resistance.
- On the May 31, 2004 edition of “Raw” in Montreal, La Resistance defeated Chris Benoit and Edge to win the World Tag Team title.
- At Unforgiven ’04, La Resistance defeated Tajiri and Rhyno to retain the World Tag Team title.
- On the November 1, 2004 episode of “Raw” in Peoria, IL, La Resistance defeated Benoit and Edge to regain the World Tag Team title.
- On Sunday, January 16, 2005, La Resistance defeated William Regal and Jonathan Coachman (subbing for Eugene who was injured) in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada to win the World Tag Team Title.
- Conway was released by WWE on May 11, 2007.
- On March 16, 2013, Conway defeated Kahagas to win the National Wrestling Alliance (NWA) World Heavyweight Championship.