Nov 1, 2009 - by Steve Gerweck
Real name: Nick Dinsmore
Weight: 226 lbs.
Date of birth: December 17, 1975
From: Jeffersonville, IN
Pro debut: 1997
Trained by: Danny Davis
Finishing move: German Suplex
- On May 28, 1997, Dinsmore and Flash Flanagan appeared to claim the USWA (United States Wrestling Association) Tag Team title. However, commissioner Elliot Pollock held up the belts.
- The Lords of the Rings, Dinsmore and Rob Conway, won the OVW (Ohio Valley Wrestling) Tag Team title tournament on March 18, 1998 in Jeffersonville, IN.
- On April 4, 1998, the Lords of the Ring captured the MCW North American Tag Team title.
- On April 29, 1998, Dinsmore defeated Trailer Park Trash at the first annual Brian Pillman Memorial show.
- Dinsmore and Conway defeated Rip Rogers and Dave the Rave on May 13, 1998 to regain the OVW Tag Team title.
- Four nights later, Dinsmore and Conway dropped the OVW Tag Team title to Rip Rogers and Dave the Rave, but later on the same card, the duo regained the belts for their third reign.
- Dinsmore beat Rip Rogers on June 3, 1998 in Jeffersonville, IN to capture the OVW Heavyweight title.
- On September 27, 1998, Dinsmore and Conway won a tournament to claim the vacate OVW Tag Team title in Jeffersonville, IN.
- On November 24, 1998, Dinsmore and Conway defeated Guido Andretti and Vito in Louisville, KY for their fifth OVW Tag Team title.
- The Lords of the Ring beat David C. and Damaja on January 27, 1999 to regain the OVW Tag Team title.
- Dinsmore briefly held the OVW title on February 8, 1999, but he relinquished the belt after learning about outside interference.
- Dinsmore beat Rod Steele on April 18, 1999 in Jeffersonville, IN to regain the OVW title.
- Dinsmore downed tag team partner Conway on May 7, 1999 in New Albany, IN to regain the OVW title.
- At the 52th NWA Anniversary show on May 14, 2000, Dinsmore and Damaja beat Conway and Flash Flanagan.
- Dinsmore defeated Damaja in Jeffersonville, IN on May 24, 2000 to claim his fourth OVW title.
- On June 23, 2000, Dinsmore successfully defended the OVW title against Al Snow.
- Dinsmore pinned Flash on August 4, 2000 in Louisville, KY to regain the OVW title.
- Dinsmore beat Conway on October 25, 2000 to capture the OVW title for the sixth time.
- At the 2001 Brian Pillman Memorial Show on August 9, 2001 in Cincinnati, OH, Dinsmore defeated Race Steele to win the HWA (Heartland Wrestling Association) title.
- On December 12, 2001, Dinsmore and Conway downed Derrick King and Jason Lee to claim their seventh OVW Tag Team title.
- On May 17, 2002 in Louisville, KY, Dinsmore and Conway defeated Doug Basham and Damaja to capture the OVW Tag Team title.
- Dinsmore and Conway defeated Trailer Park Trash and Flash on June 14, 2002 to claim their ninth OVW Tag Team title.
- During the summer of 2002, Dinsmore competed in matches that were featured on WWE’s “Velocity” program.
- On February 19, 2003, Dinsmore defeated Damaja and Basham in a triple threat match in Louisville, KY to gain his seventh OVW title.
- On July 16, 2003, Dinsmore and Matt Morgan defeated La Resistance.
- Dinsmore defeated Johnny Jeter on January 7, 2004 in Louisville to claim the vacant OVW title.
- In March 2004, WWE called up Dinsmore to the “Raw” roster and renamed him Eugene Dinsmore, the “nephew” of Eric Bischoff.
- At Badd Blood ’04, Eugene defeated Jonathan Coachman.
- At Taboo Tuesday, Eugene defeated Eric Bischoff, and afterwards, shaved his “uncle’s” hair.
- On the November 15, 2004 edition of “Raw” in Indianapolis, IN, Eugene and William Regal defeated La Resistance to capture the World Tag Team title.
- At New Year’s Revolution, Eugene and Regal successfully defended the World Tag Team title against Christian and Tyson Tomko. In the match, Eugene suffered a ruptured patella tendon.
- On the July 25, 2005 episode of “Raw,” Eugene defeated Kurt Angle in his 3 minute Invitational challenge.
- At Taboo Tuesday ’05, Eugene teamed with Jimmy Snuka to defeated Tyson Tomko and Rob Conway.
- Eugene was drafted to the Smackdown roster during the June 17, 2007 supplemental draft.
- WWE released Eugene on September 1, 2007.
- Dinsmore was re-hired by WWE in July 2009, but released again on August 14, 2009.
- On October 26, 2011 in Louisville, Dinsmore defeated Jason Wayne for his tenth OVW championship.
- Dinsmore was hired by WWE in September 2013 as a trainer.