Real name: Frederick Martin Jannetty
Weight: 230 lbs.
Date of birth: February 3, 1960
From: Columbus, GA
Pro debut: 1984
Trained by: Jerry Oates
Finishing move: Showstopper
– Jerry Oates (Jannetty) and Ted Oates defeated the Grapplers for the NWA Central State Tag Team title on April 5, 1984 in Kansas City, KS.
– In June 1984, Jannetty and Tommy Rogers defeated the Grapplers for the NWA Central State Tag Team title in Kansas City, KS.
– Jannetty and Rogers won the CSW Tag Team title in June 1984.
– On August 23, 1984 in Kansas City, KS, Jannetty and Rogers defeated The Grapplers for the NWA Central State Tag Team title.
– On October 13 1984, Jannetty defeated Gypsy Joe for the NWA Central States Television title in Des Moines, IA.
– Jannetty and Bob Brown captured the NWA Central State Tag Team titles on December 9, 1984.
– Jannetty defeated Mr. Pogo for the NWA Central States Heavyweight title on September 22, 1985 in Des Moines.
– On May 15, 1986, the Midnight Rockers (Jannetty and Shawn Michaels) defeated Brad and Bart Batten for the Central States Tag Team title in Kansas City, KS.
– Janetty defeated the Shadow for the NWA Central Heavyweight Title on June 1, 1986 in Marshalltown, IA.
– The Midnight Rockers captured the AWA World Tag Team title by defeating Buddy Rose and Doug Somers on January 27, 1987 in St. Paul, MN.
– On December 27, 1987, the Midnight Rockers beat Randy Rose and Dennis Condrey for the AWA World Tag Team title in Las Vegas, NV.
– In 1988, Jannetty and Michaels entered the WWF as the Rockers.
– At the 1988 Survivor Series, the Rockers, the Powers of Pain, the Young Stallions, the Hart Foundation, and the British Bulldogs defeated Demolition, the Rougeau brothers, Los Conquistadores, the Bolsheviks, and the Brain Busters.
– The Ultimate Warriors (the Ultimate Warrior, the Rockers, and Jim Neidhart) defeated the Heenan Family (Andre the Giant, Bobby Heenan, Haku, and Arn Anderson) at the 1989 Survivor Series in Chicago, IL.
– The Rockers defeated the Hart Foundation for the WWF World Tag Team title at the October 30, 1990 “Saturday Night Main Event” television taping in Ft. Wayne, IN. However, since the match was never televised, the title switch was never acknowledged.
– At the 1991 Royal Rumble, the Rockers beat the Orient Express.
– The Rockers defeated the Barbarian and Haku at Wrestlemania VII in Los Angles, CA.
– The team broke up in early 1992. The two wrestlers literally hated each other and often had fights in parking lots and hotels.
– The break-up of the Rockers occurred as an angle on Brutus Beefcake’s short-lived “Barber Shop” talk show, when Michaels pushed Jannetty through a window, putting him out of action.
– On May 17, 1993, Jannetty upset Michaels for the Intercontinental title in New York, NY.
– On January 10, 1994 in Richmond, VA, Jannetty and the 1-2-3 Kid captured the WWF World Tag Team title from the Quebecers.
– At the 1995 Survivor Series, Jannetty defeated Skip.
– At the December ’95 In Your House PPV, Jannetty and Razor Ramon defeated 123 Kid and Sid Vicious.
– In May 1996, Jannetty formed the New Rockers with Leif Cassidy (Al Snow).
– In January 1998, Marty Jannetty debuted in WCW.
– On October 31, 1999, Jannetty won the New Breed Pro Wrestling Heavyweight title.
– Jannetty defeated Gary Royal on January 29, 2005 at the Wrestle Reunion show in Tampa, FL.
– On March 14, 2005, The Rockers (Jannetty and Shawn Michaels) reunited for one-night only on “Raw,” defeating La Resistance.
– A short time later, WWE signed Jannetty to a contract.
– On July 6, 2005, WWE released Jannetty without him returning to television.
– In February 2006, Jannetty made a surprising return to WWE television, but parted ways again after a brief stint.
– In September 2006, Jannetty was rehired, then quickly let go again by WWE.
– On Raw’s 15th Anniversary special, Jannetty was defeated by Mr Kennedy.
– On February 25, 2012, Jannetty defeated Joe E Legend to win the DWA Heavyweight Title.