Oct 28, 2009 - by Steve Gerweck
Real Name: Zachery Mark Gowen
Weight: 155 lbs.
Date of birth: March 30, 1983
Hometown: Detroit, MI
Pro debut: March 16, 2002
Trained by: Truth Martini &
“Prime Time” Tommy Johnson
Finishing move: Split-Legged Moonsault
- On August 17, 2002, Tenacious Z (Gowen) and Kamikaze defeated the Threat (Truth Martini and Anthony Rivera) in Sterling Heights, MI to capture the IWR (Independent Wrestling Revolution) Tag Team title.
- On February 5, 2003, Tenacious Z defeated B.G. James in his debut for NWA TNA.
- The following week, Tenacious Z, Ron Killings, and Jorge Estrada defeated James, Mike Sanders, and Glen Gilbertti.
- A short time later, it was announced on TNA’s website that Tenacious Z had signed with World Wrestling Entertainment.
- Tenacious Z made his WWE television debut on the May 15, 2003 edition of “Smackdown,” in which Roddy Piper pulled off his plastic leg during a segment of “Piper’s Pit.”
- At Judgment Day ’03, Gowen (now using his real name) prevented Vince McMahon from interfering in the Mr. America-Piper match.
- On the May 22, 2003 episode of “Smackdown,” McMahon had Gowen arrested for trespassing.
- On the July 3, 2003 edition of “Smackdown,” Gowen and Stephanie McMahon defeated the Big Show to earn a WWE contract.
- In February 2004, WWE and Gowen parted ways.
- On April 29, 2004, Gowen and Men’s Teioh defeated Daisuke Shimoda and Daikokubo Benkei in Korakuen, Japan.
- In September 2007, Gowen debuted for All Japan Pro Wrestling.