Oct 28, 2009 - by Steve Gerweck
Real name: Marty Wright
Weight: 255 lbs.
Date of birth: October 31, 1964
From: Phoenix, AZ
Pro debut: 2003
Trained by: OVW
Finishing move: Pump Handle Slam
- Despite lying about his age during the Tough Enough 4 competition, WWE signed Wright a developmental deal.
- In July 2005, WWE television featured segments touting the debut of The Boogeyman.
- At the 2006 Royal Rumble, The Boogeyman defeated JBL in under two minutes. Weeks earlier, the Boogeyman had bit off Jillian Hall’s “mole.”
- At Wrestlemania 22, The Boogeyman defeated Booker T and Sharmell in a “handicap” match.
- On April 4, 2006, Wright had surgery to repair his torn biceps.
- WWE released Wright on September 20, 2006. However, WWE rehired him on October 6, 2006.
- The Boogeyman defeated The Miz at Armageddon ’06.
- On the June 11, 2007 edition of “Raw,” The Boogeyman was drafted to the ECW roster.
- WWE released The Boogeyman on March 4, 2009.