Real name: Brian Kendrick
Weight: 174 lbs.
Date of birth: May 29, 1979
Hometown: Olympia, WA
Pro debut: May 1996
Trained by: Shawn Michaels
Finishing move: The Kendrick
– After being trained by “The Heartbreak Kid” Shawn Michaels, Kendrick adopted the ring name Spanky, and started wrestling for HBK’s Texas Wrestling Alliance promotion.
– On November 9, 1999, Spanky defeated Rudy Boy Gonzalez in San Antonio, TX to capture the TWA Television title.
– On March 21, 2000, Spanky and the American Dragon beat Jeromy Sage and Ruben Cruz for the TWA World Tag Team title.
– Kendrick signed a WWF developmental contract, and was assigned to Memphis Championship Wrestling.
– On September 22, 2000, Spanky defeated the American Dragon for the MCW Light Heavyweight title in Vicksburg, MS.
– Spanky and the American Dragon defeated Seven and Thrash (who was unable to compete) in Manila, AR for the MCW Tag Team title.
– On January 6, 2001, Spanky defeated Derrick King to win the held-up MCW Light Heavyweight title in Bogota, TN.
– Spanky captured his third MCW Light Heavyweight title on May 11, 2001 from Tyler Gates in Coldwater, MS.
– With no plans to call him up to the main roster, WWE released Spanky.
– Spanky and Ikaika Loa defeated Michael Shane and Oz in the Shawn Michaels’ Wrestling Academy Challenge on February 23, 2002 in Philadelphia, PA.
– On April 27, 2002, Spanky captured the ROH (Ring of Honor) Heartbreak Gauntlet Series, when he defeated the American Dragon in the finals.
– Kendrick agreed to work tours for the Zero-One promotion in Japan. In Japan, Kendrick wrestled as Leonardo Spanky.
– On June 29, 2002, Leonardo Spanky defeated Smelly in Sapporo, Japan to claim the Zero-One International Junior Heavyweight title.
– Leonardo Spanky defeated Yoshihito Sasaki on July 7, 2002 in Tokyo, Japan on Zero-One’s “Impossible to Escape” PPV.
– Leonardo Spanky successfully defended the Zero-One Junior title against C.W. Anderson on July 31, 2002 in Tokyo.
– On September 22, 2002, Leonardo Spanky and Steve Corino defeated Masato Tanaka and Naohiro Hoshikawa.
– By the end of 2002, Kendrick signed a WWE contract, but was unable to join the roster until fulfilling his previous independent bookings.
– Kendrick made his WWE television on the January 30, 2003 edition of “Smackdown.” Kendrick, dressed in a bell hop uniform, promptly received The Undertaker’s Last Ride.
– One week later, at the prompting of Sean O’Haire, Kendrick streaked in the ring and through the arena.
– On the March 20, 2003 edition of “Smackdown,” Kendrick defeated Shannon Moore to earn a Smackdown contract.
– Kendrick competed in ECWA’s Super 8 tournament on April 5, 2003 in Newport, DE.
– On the April 10, 2003 episode of “Smackdown,” Kendrick and Torrie Wilson defeated Jamie Noble and Nidia.
– After teaming up with Paul London in late 2003, Kendrick quit WWE in January 2004.
– On January 31, 2004 in Tokyo, Spanky defeated Frankie Kazarian and Low Ki.
– On February 19, 2004, Spanky and Low Ki defeated Dick Togo and Ikuto Hidaka in Korakuen, Japan to capture the NWA International Lightweight Tag Team title.
– Spanky and Kaz Hayashi defeated Tatsuhito Takaiwa and Tomohiro Ishii in Tokyo, Japan to win the NWA International Lightweight Tag Team title on September 19, 2004.
– Spanky debuted for TNA at the Orlando, FL Impact/Xplosion tapings on November 2, 2004.
– On March 23, 2005 in Hakodate, Japan, Spanky defeated Ryoji Sai to capture the Zero-One United States title.
– In July 2005, WWE resigned Kendrick.
– Kendrick and Paul London defeated MNM at the 2006 Judgment Day in Phoenix, AZ to claim the WWE Tag Team titles.
– Kendrick and London defeated the Pitbulls (Kid Kash and Jamie Noble) at the 2006 Great American Bash to retain the WWE Tag Team titles.
– At No Mercy ’06, London and Kendrick (with Ashley in their corner) defeated Idol Stevens and KC James to again retain the Tag Team titles.
– Kendrick and London defeated The Hardy Boyz, MNM, and Dave Taylor and William Regal in a four way ladder match to retain the Tag Team titles.
– At No Way Out ’07, Kendrick and London successfully defended the Tag Team titles against Deuce and Domino.
– Kendrick and London were draft by the Raw brand on June 17, 2007, during the supplemental draft.
– Kendrick was drafted to the Smackdown brand during the Supplemental draft on June 25, 2008.
– In July 2008, Kendrick got a body guard called Ezekial.
– Kendrick was drafted the Raw roster during the Supplemental draft on April 15, 2009.
– WWE released Kendrick on July 30, 2009.
– Kendrick returned to TNA at the 2010 Genesis.
– At Sacrifice ’11, Kendrick defeated Robbie E.
– On June 18, 2011, Jado, Gedo and Kendrick defeated Jushin Thunder Liger, Tiger Mask & KUSHIDA in Osaka, Japan.
– At Destination X ’11 in Orlando, Kendrick defeated Abyss for the TNA X-Division title.
– At Hardcore Justice ’11, Kendrick defeated Austin Aries and Alex Shelley to retain the X-Divsion title.
– In February 2012, Kendrick and TNA parted ways.
– In May 2012, Kendrick returned to Japan, competing in the NJPW Best of the Super Juniors Tournament.
– At House of Hardcore I, Kendrick & Paul London defeated The Young Bucks (Nick & Matt Jackson).
– In May 2013, Kendrick competed in the NJPW Best of the Super Juniors again.
– On September 7, 2013, London & Kendrick fought PWH Tag Team Champions Pengelux (Lloyd Pengel & Kid Lux) to a no-contest.
– On July 26, 2014, Kendrick defeated Che Cabrera to win the SBW Heavyweight Title, but would lose it a month later to Robby Phoenix.
– On October 5, 2014, London & Kendrick (competing as The Hooligans) defeated The New Age Kliq (Chris Renfrew & BT Gunn) to win the ICW Tag Team Titles.
– Through the rest of October, The Hooligans defended the ICW Tag Team Titles against The New Age Kliq and The Sumerian Death Squad (Michael Dante & Tommy End).
– On December 12, 2014, Kendrick wrestled a dark match at an NXT show, losing to Solomon Crowe. This was later revealed to be a tryout match for a WWE trainer position.
– On January 17, 2015, Kendrick entered the NWA Western States Title Tournament, defeating Jody Kristofferson and Ricardo Rodriguez to reach the final, where he lost to Matt Riviera.
– On February 12, 2015, Kendrick made a surprise return to WWE television, losing to Finn Balor on NXT
– On July 7, 2015, Kendrick defeated Jumping Lee to win the vacant LAW Title
– On July 31, 2015, Kendrick defeated Rico Dynamite to win the SBW Title
– In September 2016, Kendrick was announced for WWE Raw’s Cruiserweight Division