Oct 28, 2009 - by Steve Gerweck
Real name: Brian Kendrick
Weight: 174 lbs.
Date of birth: May 29, 1979
Hometown: Olympia, WA
Pro debut: May 1996
Trained by: Shawn Michaels
Finishing move: The Kendrick
- After being trained by “The Heartbreak Kid” Shawn Michaels, Kendrick adopted the ring name Spanky, and started wrestling for HBK’s Texas Wrestling Alliance promotion.
- On November 9, 1999, Spanky defeated Rudy Boy Gonzalez in San Antonio, TX to capture the TWA Television title.
- On March 21, 2000, Spanky and the American Dragon beat Jeromy Sage and Ruben Cruz for the TWA World Tag Team title.
- Kendrick signed a WWF developmental contract, and was assigned to Memphis Championship Wrestling.
- On September 22, 2000, Spanky defeated the American Dragon for the MCW Light Heavyweight title in Vicksburg, MS.
- Spanky and the American Dragon defeated Seven and Thrash (who was unable to compete) in Manila, AR for the MCW Tag Team title.
- On January 6, 2001, Spanky defeated Derrick King to win the held-up MCW Light Heavyweight title in Bogota, TN.
- Spanky captured his third MCW Light Heavyweight title on May 11, 2001 from Tyler Gates in Coldwater, MS.
- With no plans to call him up to the main roster, WWE released Spanky.
- Spanky and Ikaika Loa defeated Michael Shane and Oz in the Shawn Michaels’ Wrestling Academy Challenge on February 23, 2002 in Philadelphia, PA.
- On April 27, 2002, Spanky captured the ROH (Ring of Honor) Heartbreak Gauntlet Series, when he defeated the American Dragon in the finals.
- Kendrick agreed to work tours for the Zero-One promotion in Japan. In Japan, Kendrick wrestled as Leonardo Spanky.
- On June 29, 2002, Leonardo Spanky defeated Smelly in Sapporo, Japan to claim the Zero-One International Junior Heavyweight title.
- Leonardo Spanky defeated Yoshihito Sasaki on July 7, 2002 in Tokyo, Japan on Zero-One’s “Impossible to Escape” PPV.
- Leonardo Spanky successfully defended the Zero-One Junior title against C.W. Anderson on July 31, 2002 in Tokyo.
- On September 22, 2002, Leonardo Spanky and Steve Corino defeated Masato Tanaka and Naohiro Hoshikawa.
- By the end of 2002, Kendrick signed a WWE contract, but was unable to join the roster until fulfilling his previous independent bookings.
- Kendrick made his WWE television on the January 30, 2003 edition of “Smackdown.” Kendrick, dressed in a bell hop uniform, promptly received The Undertaker’s Last Ride.
- One week later, at the prompting of Sean O’Haire, Kendrick streaked in the ring and through the arena.
- On the March 20, 2003 edition of “Smackdown,” Kendrick defeated Shannon Moore to earn a Smackdown contract.
- Kendrick competed in ECWA’s Super 8 tournament on April 5, 2003 in Newport, DE.
- On the April 10, 2003 episode of “Smackdown,” Kendrick and Torrie Wilson defeated Jamie Noble and Nidia.
- After teaming up with Paul London in late 2003, Kendrick quit WWE in January 2004.
- On January 31, 2004 in Tokyo, Spanky defeated Frankie Kazarian and Low Ki.
- On February 19, 2004, Spanky and Low Ki defeated Dick Togo and Ikuto Hidaka in Korakuen, Japan to capture the NWA International Lightweight Tag Team title.
- Spanky and Kaz Hayashi defeated Tatsuhito Takaiwa and Tomohiro Ishii in Tokyo, Japan to win the NWA International Lightweight Tag Team title on September 19, 2004.
- Spanky debuted for TNA at the Orlando, FL Impact/Xplosion tapings on November 2, 2004.
- On March 23, 2005 in Hakodate, Japan, Spanky defeated Ryoji Sai to capture the Zero-One United States title.
- In July 2005, WWE resigned Kendrick.
- Kendrick and Paul London defeated MNM at the 2006 Judgment Day in Phoenix, AZ to claim the WWE Tag Team titles.
- Kendrick and London defeated the Pitbulls (Kid Kash and Jamie Noble) at the 2006 Great American Bash to retain the WWE Tag Team titles.
- At No Mercy ’06, London and Kendrick (with Ashley in their corner) defeated Idol Stevens and KC James to again retain the Tag Team titles.
- Kendrick and London defeated The Hardy Boyz, MNM, and Dave Taylor and William Regal in a four way ladder match to retain the Tag Team titles.
- At No Way Out ’07, Kendrick and London successfully defended the Tag Team titles against Deuce and Domino.
- Kendrick and London were draft by the Raw brand on June 17, 2007, during the supplemental draft.
- Kendrick was drafted to the Smackdown brand during the Supplemental draft on June 25, 2008.
- In July 2008, Kendrick got a body guard called Ezekial.
- Kendrick was drafted the Raw roster during the Supplemental draft on April 15, 2009.
- WWE released Kendrick on July 30, 2009.
- Kendrick returned to TNA at the 2010 Genesis.
- At Sacrifice ’11, Kendrick defeated Robbie E.
- On June 18, 2011, Jado, Gedo and Kendrick defeated Jushin Thunder Liger, Tiger Mask & KUSHIDA in Osaka, Japan.
- At Destination X ’11 in Orlando, Kendrick defeated Abyss for the TNA X-Division title.
- At Hardcore Justice ’11, Kendrick defeated Austin Aries and Alex Shelley to retain the X-Divsion title.
- In February 2012, Kendrick and TNA parted ways.