Oct 22, 2009 - by Steve Gerweck
Real name: Bill Eadie
Weight: 302 lbs.
Date of birth: 1947
Pro debut: 1976
Trained by: Tony Newberry
Finishing move: Decapitation Elbow
Real name: Barry Darsow
Weight: 292 lbs.
Date of birth: October 6, 1959
Pro debut: 1981
Trained by: Eddie Sharkey
Finishing move: Barely Legal (WCW)
– In December 1977, the Masked Superstar (Eadie) won the 4th Annual World League.
– On January 6, 1979, the Masked Superstar defeated Mr. Wrestling II in Augusta, GA to capture the NWA Georgia Heavyweight title.
– The Masked Superstar defeated Wahoo McDaniel on July 30, 1979 to regain the Georgia title.
– On December 7, 1979, the Masked Superstar defeated Tommy Rich in Atlanta, GA to recapture the Georgia title.
– The Masked Superstar won a tournament on March 22, 1980 for the Mid Atlantic Television title.
– On March 26, 1980, the Masked Superstars (Eadie and John Studd) defeated Ricky Steamboat and Dino Bravo for the NWA Mid Atlantic Tag Team title.
– The Masked Superstar defeated Rich on August 29, 1981 for his fourth Georgia Heavyweight title. He unified the Georgia and NWA National Heavyweight titles.
– On November 25, 1981, the Masked Superstar defeated Rich for the NWA National Heavyweight title.
– The Masked Superstar and the Super Destroyer (Scott Irwin) defeated Bob and Brad Armstrong on January 22, 1982 for the NWA National Tag Team title.
– On July 4, 1982, the Masked Superstar defeated Mr. Wrestling II at the Omni in Atlanta, GA.
– The Masked Superstar defeated Paul Orndorff on October 17, 1982 to regain the NWA National title.
– Krusher Kruschev (Darsow) defeated Terry Taylor in the finals of a tournament on May 2, 1984 in Shreveport, LA for the Mid-South Television title.
– At Superclash I on September 28, 1985, NWA World Six Man Tag Team champions Kruschev, Ivan and Nikita Koloff defeated Crusher, Dick the Bruiser, and Baron Von Raschke.
– At Starrcade ’85 in Greensboro, NC, Kruschev defeated Sam Houston to capture the NWA Mid-Atlantic title.
– On July 22, 1986, the Masked Superstar defeated Lex Luger in Tampa, FL for the Southern (Florida version) Heavyweight title.
– Kruschev and Ivan Koloff defeated the Kansas Jayhawks (Dutch Mantel and Bobby Jaggers) on September 28, 1986 for the United States Tag Team title.
– Demolition entered the WWF, and gained the managerial services of Mr. Fuji after dropping Johnny Valentine.
– On November 16, 1987 in E. Rutherford, NJ, Demolition Ax defeated Ken Patera.
– At Wrestlemania IV in Atlantic City, NJ, Demolition (Ax and Smash) defeated Strike Force (Rick Martel and Tito Santana) for the WWF World Tag Team title.
– Demolition successfully defended the WWF Tag Team title against the British Bulldogs at Wrestlefest ’88 in Milwaukee, WI.
– At Summerslam ’88, Demolition defeated the Hart Foundation to retain the WWF Tag Team title.
– Demolition defeated the Powers of Pain and Mr. Fuji in a “handicap” match at Wrestlemania V, following a fall out with their former manager.
– At Summerslam ’89, Demolition and Hacksaw Jim Duggan defeated the Twin Towers and Andre the Giant.
– On October 2, 1989 in Wheeling, WV, Demolition defeated the Brain Busters (Tully Blanchard and Arn Anderson) to regain the WWF Tag Team title.
– Demolition captured the WWF Tag Team title for a third time at Wrestlemania VI in Toronto, Ontario by defeating the Collosal Connection (Andre the Giant and Haku).
– Brian Adams joined Demolition as Crush, a third member to hide the health problems Eadie was experiencing.
– On December 13, 1990, Demolition Ax pinned Masa Saito in Tokyo, Japan.
– In early 1991, the WWF released Eadie.
– Smash and Crush beat Shunji Takano and Shinichi Nakano on March 30, 1991 at Tokyo’s Egg Dome.
– At WWF’s Tuesday in Texas PPV on December 3, 1991, Repo Man and Ted DiBiase defeated Virgil and Tito Santana.
– After the Demolition gimmick was dropped, Darsow became the Repo Man. When his WWF tenure ended, Darsow was changed into the Blacktop Bully in WCW.
– At Superbrawl V, the Blacktop Bully (managed by Col. Parker) defeated Dustin Rhodes.
– On October 31, 2015, Demolition was voted into the GERWECK.NET Hall of Fame.