Oct 22, 2009 - by Steve Gerweck
Real name: Chad Collyer
Weight: 218 lbs.
Date of birth: December 12, 1974
Born: Liberty, IN
Pro debut: December 6, 1997
Trained by: Dean Malenko
Finishing move: Full Nelson Suplex
– In August 1997, Collyer enrolled at Dean Malenko’s wrestling school.
– Collyer wrestled as a collegiate at Manchester College (Indiana), and twice was a NCAA national finalist.
– In his pro debut match, Collyer faces Jet Jaguar in St. Petersburg, FL.
– In July 2000, Collyer toured England for All Star Promotions.
– Upon signing a WWE developmental deal, Collyer was assigned to Les Thatcher’s HWA (Heartland Wrestling Association) in Cincinnati, OH.
– Collyer pinned Race Steele on January 26, 2001 in Rising Sun, IN to capture the HWA Cruiserweight title.
– On February 13, 2002, Collyer defeated Shannon Moore and Matt Stryker in a three way match to win the HWA title in Dayton, OH.
– In July 2002, Collyer was informed that he had been released from the WWE developmental roster.
– In late July and August of 2002, Collyer wrestled under the mask of the Metal Master and competed in Michinoku Pro’s Tohoku Junior Heavyweight title tournament.
– In the tournament, the Metal Master scored impressive victories of Gran Naniwa, Curry Man (Christopher Daniels), and the Great Sasuke.
– On May 2, 2003, Collyer won a battle royal in Aurora, IN to gain the HWA title.
– Collyer defeated Adam Cage to win CAPW (Cleveland All Pro Wrestling) title on December 7, 2003.