Oct 22, 2009 - by Steve Gerweck
Real name: Barry Buchanan
Weight: 260 lbs.
Born: January 15, 1968
From: Eddyville, KY
Pro debut: 1992
Trained by: James Hammonds
Finishing move: The Iron Claw
- Buchanan arrived in the USWA (United Stated Wrestling Association) as part of the Truth Commission. Buchanan competed as Recon.
- On March 22, 1997, the Trush Commission (Recon and the Interrogator – who later became Kurrgan in the WWF) defeated Billy Travis and Flash Flanagan in Memphis, TN to capture the USWA Tag Team title.
- The Truth Commission moved to the WWF, and included Recon, Interrogator, Sniper, and the Jackyl.
- The Truth Commission defeated the Disciples of the Apocalypse at the 1997 Survivor Series in Montreal in an eight-man elimination match.
- After the Truth Commission broke up, Buchanan and Sniper formed a shot lived tag team. They participated in a “15 Team Battle Royal” match won by the Legion of Doom 2000 at Wrestlemania XIV, but split soon after.
- The WWF dispatched Buchanan to Ohio Valley Wrestling in Louisville, KY for further training and development.
- On February 1, 2000, Buchanan and Mr. Black captured the Ohio Valley Wrestling Tag Team title from Scotty Sabre and B.J. Payne in Jeffersonville, IN.
- Upon being recalled to the main roster, the WWF teamed Buchanan with the Big Boss Man.
- Buchanan and the Big Boss Man defeated D-Lo Brown and the Godfather at Wrestlemania 2000 in Anaheim, CA.
- Buchanan and the Big Boss Man defeated The Acolytes (Faarooq and Bradshaw) at Backlash 2000.
- Working with the Boss Man for the Corporation, Buchanan interfered in the Shane McMahon-Big Show match at Unforgiven 2000 to give Shane the victory.
- In Summer 2000, Buchanan formed the stable Right to Censor with Steven Richards, which also later included The Goodfather (Godfather), Val Venis, and Ivory.
- The RTC (Richards, Goodfather, and Buchanan) defeated Too Cool and Rikishi in a six man tag team match at Summerslam 2000.
- On the September 4, 2000 episode of “Raw,” the Right To Censor group abducted Val Venis. The following week, Venis joined the RTC.
- Richards, Goodfather, Buchanan, and Val Venis defeated The Acolytes and the Dudley Boys at Unforgiven 2000.
- On the November 6, 2000 edition of “Raw,” The Goodfather and Buchanan defeated the Hardy Boyz for the WWF World Tag Team title.
- In a rematch at the Rebellion PPV, Buchanan and The Goodfather successfully defended the Tag Team title against the Hardy Boyz.
- The WWF creative department scrapped the Right to Censor group in the summer of 2001. As a result, Buchanan was once again sent to Ohio Valley Wrestling.
- On August 11, 2001, at the Terry Gordy tribute show in Birmingman, AL, Buchanan beat Eric Graham with the axe kick.
- After a lengthy absence from WWE television, Buchanan returned on August 10, 2002 on “Velocity,” and defeated Mike Awesome.
- By the end of 2002, Buchanan became B Squared, doing a hip-hop rapper type gimmick.
- In January 2003, Buchanan was released by WWE.
- On October 10, 2003 in Osaka, Japan, Buchanan, D-Lo Brown, and Gigantes defeated Keiji Mutoh, Arashi, and Tomoaki Honma.
- On Febuary 2, 2005, Buchanan and Rico defeated Mitsuya Nagai and Masayuki Naruse to capture the All-Asian Tag Team title.
- In November 2011, Buchanan appeared on “Raw” during John Cena’s “This is your life” segment hosted by Mick Foley.