Real name: Brian Gerald James
Weight: 236 lbs.
Date of birth: May 20, 1970
From: Marietta, GA
Pro debut: 1993
Trained by: Tommy Rich,
Scott & Steve Armstrong
Finishing move: Pump Handle Slam
– The youngest of the Armstrong wrestling family, James began his professional wrestling career with Smoky Mountain Wrestling, competing as Brian Armstrong.
– James joined the World Wrestling Federation, and was introduced as Double J’s (Jeff Jarrett) “Roadie.”
– Armstrong defeated Robbie Eagle for CWF title on February 7, 1993.
– On March 10, 1994, Brian, Scott, and Steve Armstrong beat Well Dunn and Owen Hart in Marietta, GA.
– On August 4, 1995, Armstrong defeated D-Lo Brown at SMW’s Super Bowl of Wrestling in Knoxville, TN.
– In 1995, James left the WWF and arrived in the now defunct United States Wrestling Association.
– James formed a tag team with Tracy Smothers in the USWA.
– In March 1996, James entered the USWA World title tournament as Jesse James Armstrong.
– On April 13, 1996, James won a battle royal to become the USWA’s first-ever Television Champion, only to be stripped of the title a month later when he lost a “Loser-Leaves-USWA” match to Jarrett.
– James returned to the WWF, and was re-introduced as the Real Double J. In an attempt to discredit Jeff Jarrett, it was revealed that the voice behind Jarrett’s song, “With My Baby Tonight,” was none other than his companion, the Roadie.
– In an early 1997 angle, James was offered the managerial services of the Honky Tonk Man. James gave his refusal to the former IC champion by smashing the Honky Tonk Man over the head with his own guitar.
– James formed a team with Billy Gunn. The duo was dubbed Southern Justice, but later changed their name to the New Age Outlaws.
– The Road Dogg got over when he proved he was a natural on the mic.
– The New Age Outlaws captured the WWF World Tag Team title on November 24, 1997, by defeating the Road Warriors.
– The night after the Dumpster match at Wrestlemania XIV, the Outlaws defeated Cactus Jack and Terry Funk to regain the WWF Tag Team title.
– It was the same night the DX army was formed comprised of X-Pac, Triple H, and the New Age Outlaws.
– The duo won the WWF World Tag Team title for a third time at the 1998 Summerslam.
– James defeated the Big Bossman in Spokane, WA on December 15, 1998, to capture the WWF Hard-core title.
– James pinned Goldust for the Intercontinental title on the March 15, 1999 “Raw” show.
– On the UPN special “Smackdown” on April 29, 1999, the New Age Outlaws challenged Kane and X-Pac for the WWF tag team title. James and Gunn were unsuccessful, which started the split up of the team.
– In the spring of 1999, James took time off for rehab.
– On September 21, 1999, the New Age Outlaws defeated The Rock and Mankind for the WWF World Tag Team title in Dallas, TX.
– The Outlaws claimed their fifth WWF World Tag Team title on “Raw” on November 8, 1999, this time defeating Al Snow and Mankind for the gold.
– At the 1999 Survivor Series, the Outlaws successfully defended the WWF World Tag Team title against Snow and Mankind.
– The New Age Outlaws defeated the Acolytes at the 2000 Royal Rumble.
– James defeated Bradshaw at the U.K. only PPV Insurrextion in London.
– At Judgment Day 2000, James and X-Pac defeated the Dudley Boys in a tables match.
– In November, the Road Dogg formed a tag team with K-Kwik (Ron “The Truth” Killings).
– On December 20, 2000, WWF.COM reported, “The Road Dogg has been suspended indefinitely for undisclosed reasons, according to Jim Ross, senior vice president for talent relations.”
– In January 2001, James was released by the WWF.
– On May 26, 2001, James was charged with a misdemeanor of disorderly conduct in Conway, SC.
– In October 2001, James embarked on a tour of Australia with such superstars as Jeff Jarrett, Jerry Lawler, and Bret Hart.
– At the October 26, 2001 World Wrestling All-Stars PPV taped in Sydney, Australia, James defeated Konnan in a “dog collar” match.
– James made his NWA TNA PPV debut on September 18, 2002, revealing himself under the Bullet mask.
– On November 26, 2003, James, Konnan, and Ron Killings defeated Glenn Gilberti, Simon Diamond and Johnny Swinger for the held up NWA World Tag Team title in Nashville, TN.
– On January 16, 2004, James, Brad Armstong, “Bullet” Bob Armstrong and Johnny Rich beat Tom Pritchard, Mr. Fantasy, Blake Richards and Assassin in a “no DQ/no time limit Texas death” match in Dothan, AL.
– At the Victory Road PPV in Orlando, FL on November 7, 2004, the 3 Live Kru (James and Konnan) defeated Team Canada to capture the NWA World Tag Team title.
– At Final Resolution, the 3 Live Kru defeated Michael Shane, Frankie Kazarian and Christopher Daniels.
– James and Jeff Hammond defeated Shane and Kazarian at the Against All Odds PPV.
– At the 2005 Lockdown PPV, James, Sean Waltman and Diamond Dallas Page defeated Jeff Jarrett, Monty Brown and the Outlaw (Billy Gunn).
– At the 2005 Unbreakable PPV, the 3 Live Kru defeated The Diamonds in the Rough.
– The 3 Live Kru defeated Team Canada (A1, Bobby Roode, and Eric Young) at Genesis 2005.
– On December 16, 2005, James defeated NWA champion Jeff Jarrett in a non-title match in Rome, GA.
– The James Gang (James and Kip James) defeated David Young and Elix Skipper at the 2006 Final Resolution.
– At Against All Odds ’06, The James Gang defeated LAX (Homicide and Machete).
– The James Gang (James, Kip, and Bob Armstrong) defeated LAX (Homicide, Konnan and Machete) at Destination X ’06.
– The James Gang defeated Team 3D at Sacrifice ’06.
– At Victory Road ’06, The James Gang and Abyss defeated Team 3D.
– At Genesis ’06, Voodoo Kin Mafia defeated Kazarian, Bentley and Devine.
– VKM defeated Christy Hemme’s surprise team (The Heart Breakers) at Destination X.
– At Slammiversary ’07, VKM defeated Damaja and Basham.
– VKM again defeated Christy Hemme’s Damaja and Basham at the 2007 Victory Road PPV.
– At Lockdown ’08, James defeated Kip James in a cage match.
– On September 15, 2009, James was released by TNA.
– On October 17, 2009, Road Dogg (subbing for Brodie Lee) & Necro Butcher defeated The Garden State Gods (Corvis Fear & Myke Quest) to retain the JAPW Tag Team Titles.
– On January 30, 2010, BG James & Dysfunction defeated J-Cash & Mason Quinn (subbing for Dave Demone) to win the ACW Tag Team Titles.
– On March 25, 2011, Road Dogg & Dysfunction defeated Matt Longtime & Thomas Walton III to win the ICW Tag Team Titles.
– On April 2, 2011, Road Dogg inducted his father, Bullet Bob Armstrong, into the WWE Hall of Fame.
– In October 2011, Road Dogg announced that he had signed with WWE as a road agent.
– Road Dogg was a surprise entrant into the 2012 Royal Rumble.
– On March 4, 2013, The New Age Outlaws made their in-ring return, defeating Primo & Epico.
– On the Royal Rumble ’14 pre-show, The New Age Outlaws defeated Cody Rhodes & Goldust to win the WWE Tag Team Titles, around 14 years after last losing the WWF equivalents.
– At Elimination Chamber ’14, The New Age Outlaws defeated The Usos (Jimmy & Jey) to retain the WWE Tag Team Titles.
– At WrestleMania XXX, The New Age Outlaws & Kane were quickly defeated by The Shield (Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins & Roman Reigns).
– Since this loss, Road Dogg has returned to his off-camera role as an agent.