Oct 19, 2009 - by Steve Gerweck
Real name: Elix Skipper
Weight: 228 lbs.
Date of birth: December 15, 1967
From: Long Island, NY
Pro debut: 1999
Trained at: WCW Power Plant
Finishing move: Play of the Day
- In 1998, Skipper enrolled at WCW’s Power Plant training facility in Atlanta.
- On August 14, 2000, Lance Storm awarded Elix Skipper the WCW World Cruiserweight title.
- On September 17, 2000, Skipper defeated Kwee Wee (Alan Funk) at WCW’s Fall Brawl PPV.
- Skipper and Kid Romeo defeated the Filthy Animals (Rey Mysterio Jr. and Billy Kidman) to become the first WCW World Cruiserweight Tag Team champions on March 18, 2001 at WCW’s Greed PPV.
- Skipper’s WCW contract was acquired by WWF as part of the purchase of WCW.
- Skipper became apart of the WWF’s developmental program, but was later released.
- On December 1, 2002, Kendo Ka Shin and Extreme Blade (Skipper) beat Jimmy Yang and Kazushi Miyamoto in Tokyo, Japan.
- Shortly after agreeing to join the TNA roster, Skipper joined Vince Russo’s Sports Entertainment group.
- Skipper and Low Ki defeated America’s Most Wanted (Chris Harris and James Storm) to capture the NWA World Tag Team title on the January 22, 2003 NWA TNA PPV.
- On the September 8, 2004 TNA PPV in Nashville, TN, Skipper and Chris Harris defeated the Naturals to capture the NWA World Tag Team title.
- At Final Resolution, Skipper defeated Sonjay Dutt.
- At Against All Odds, Skipper beat Petey Williams.
- The Diamond in the Rough (Skipper, David Young and Simon Diamond) defeated Sharkboy, Sonny Siaki, and Apolo at Bound for Glory.
- TNA released Skipper in February 2007.