Real name: Daniel Christopher Covell
Weight: 224 lbs.
Date of birth: March 24, 1970
Born: Fayetteville, NC
Hometown: Chicago, IL
Pro debut: 1993
Trained by: Sam DeCero, Mike Anthony, and Kevin Quinn
Finishing moves: Angels Wings and Last Rites
– On May 22, 1993, Daniels captured the Windy City Pro Wrestling Light Heavyweight title from Trevor Blanchard.
– On May 23, 1995, Daniels and Kevin Quinn captured the World Wrestling Council Tag Team titles from Invader #1 and Hurricane Castillo Jr. in San German, Puerto Rico.
– In 1995 and 1996, Daniels won Windy City Pro Wrestling Tag Team titles with Quinn and Mike Anthony.
– Daniels pinned Brett Sanders on May 1, 1997 for the Windy City Pro Wrestling Middleweight title in Ponce, Puerto Rico.
– On September 21, 1997, Daniels defeated Lil’ Haystacks in Anaheim, CA for the World Power Wrestling title.
– Daniels defeated Bulldog Sampson on September 28, 1997 in San Bernardino, CA to claim the Empire Wrestling Federation title.
– During the ECWA (East Coast Wrestling Association) Super Eight tournament on February 27, 1999, Daniels scored a pinfall victory over Matt Hardy.
– In July and August 1999, Daniels competed in the Masked Man League, finishing third in the competition.
– On December 14, 1999, Daniels defeated Minoru Fujita in Niigata City, Niigata, Japan to win the British Commonwealth Junior Heavyweight title.
– On January 22, 2000, Daniels defeated Michael Modest in Lompoc, CA to win the APW (All Pro Wrestling) Internet title.
– A short time later, Daniels received a WCW try out, and was signed to a contract. His stint was short lived, as the company eventually released him as a cost cutting measure.
– On May 20, 2000, Daniels downed Jayson Reign in Hammond, IN to capture the Windy City Pro Wrestling League title.
– Daniels beat Spaz in Costa Mesa, CA on October 12, 2000 to capture the UPW (Ultimate Pro Wrestling) title.
– On December 30, 2000, Daniels won APW’s 2000 King of the Indies tournament. Earlier in the year, Daniels won ECWA’s Super Eight tournament.
– Daniels teamed with Reign on September 29, 2001 to defeat Low Ki and Airborne for the Midwest Championship Wrestling Tag Team titles.
– Daniels defeated Matt Vandal in Toms River, NJ on January 11, 2002 to capture the ECWA title.
– On March 13, 2002, Daniels won a three way match to reclaim the UPW title.
– In a June 26, 2002 NWA TNA press release, the company announced the signing of Daniels for the X-division.
– On June 29, 2002, Daniels beat Danny Doring in a four way match to win the NWA Florida title in Tampa, FL.
– On August 28, 2002, Curry Man (Daniels) won a triple threat match over Ricky Fuji and Ikeda-kun in Tokyo, Japan.
– Daniels won a tournament on September 21, 2002 in Philadelphia, PA to capture the Ring of Honor title.
– In October 2002, Curry Man and Hayashi Rice won the Futaritabi Tag Team League 2002 tournament, defeating Taka Michinoku and the Great Sasuke in the finals.
– October 25, 2002, Daniels defeated Jody Flash and Doug Williams in Walthamstow, London, England for the FWA title.
– On November 1-2, 2002, Daniels competed in IWA Mid-South’s Ted Petty Invitational Tournament.
– In late 2002, Daniels became affiliated with Vince Russo’s Sports Entertainment Xtreme group in TNA.
– On March 12, 2003, Daniels and Low-Ki defeated America’s Most Wanted to capture the NWA World Tag Team title.
– Daniels was awarded the NWA World Tag Team title on May 7, 2003 by defeating Jerry Lynn and Amazing Red via disqualification in a handicap match.
– On January 31, 2004, Curry Man won a battle royal in Sapporo, Japan.
– At UPW’s Fifth Anniversary show in Anaheim, CA on February 20, 2004, Daniels and Tom Howard defeated the Outsiders, Kevin Nash and Scott Hall.
– On February 28, 2004, Daniels defeated Jerry Lynn in Rahway, NJ.
– Curry Man and the American Dragon defeated Gedo and Jado in Tokyo, Japan to capture the IWGP (International Wrestling Grand Prix) Junior Heavyweight Tag Team titles on March 12, 2004.
– On April 3, 2004, Daniels won ECWA’s Super Eight tournament, beating Austin Aries in the finals. On the same card, Daniels regained the promotions heavyweight title.
– Daniels defeated Joey Matthews, AJ Styles, and Chris Sabin in Philadelphia, PA on August 21, 2004 to capture the 3PW title.
– At the September 21, 2004 “Impact” television taping in Orlando, Daniels and James Storm defeated Elix Skipper and Chris Harris to capture the NWA World Tag Team titles.
– At Destination X in Orlando, Daniels defeated AJ Styles, Skipper, and Ron Killings to capture the X-division title.
– Daniels successfully defended the X division title at the 2005 Lockdown PPV against former partner Skipper.
– At the 2005 Hard Justice PPV, Daniels defeated Shocker to retain the X-division title. Days later, Daniels signed a contract with TNA that would keep him on the company’s roster until 2008.
– At the TNA 2005 Slammiversary PPV, Daniels defeated Michael Shane and Chris Sabin in a “Triple Threat” Match to retain the X Division title.
– At the 2005 No Surrender PPV, Daniels pinned Petey Williams to retain the X-division title.
– Daniels defeated Austin Aries at the 2005 Sacrifice PPV.
– Daniels, Samoa Joe, Alex Shelley, and Roderick Strong defeated Austin Aries, Sonjay Dutt, Matt Bentley and Chris Sabin in an elimination match at Genesis ’05.
– At Destination X ’06 in Orlando, Daniels defeated Styles and Samoa Joe in an “Ultimate X” match to regain the X-division title.
– Daniels and Styles defeated America’s Most Wanted at Slammiversary ’06 in Orlando to capture the NWA World Tag Team titles.
– At Victory Road ’06, Daniels, Styles, and Sirelda defeated Gail Kim and America’s Most Wanted.
– Daniels and Styles defeated LAX (Homicide and Hernandez) at Hard Justice ’06 to retain the NWA World Tag Team titles.
– On November 6, 2006 in Orlando, Daniels defeated Styles and Chris Sabin to regain the X-division title.
– At Genesis ’06, Daniels defeated Sabin to retain the X-division title.
– On November 25, 2006 in Edison, NJ, Daniels and Matt Sydal defeated Chris Hero and Claudio Castangoli to win the ROH tag team titles.
– Daniels defeated Sabin (with Jerry Lynn as the special referee) to retain the X-division title at Turning Point ’06.
– Daniels defeated Jerry Lynn in a six sides of steel cage match at Lockdown ’07.
– At Sacrifice ’07, Daniels defeated Rhino.
– At Victory Road ’07, Daniels won a 10-Man Ultimate X Match, and then reunited with Triple X, Senshi and Elix Skipper .
– At Destination X ’08, Daniels (as Curry Man) and Shark Boy defeated Team 3D in a “fish market street fight” match.
– At No Surrender ’08, Prince Justice Brotherhood (Super Eric, Shark Boy, and Curry Man) defeated The Rock N’ Rave Infection (Lance Rock, Jimmy Rave, and Christy Hemme).
– Curry Man, Hernandez, Homicide, and Jay Lethal defeated Alex Shelley, Chris Sabin, Jimmy Rave, Lance Rock, Sonjay Dutt, Petey Williams, BG James, Consequences Creed, Cute Kip and Shark Boy in Feast or Fired match at Final Resolution ’08 on December 7th.
– As Suicide, Daniels defeated Alex Shelley, Chris Sabin, Consequences Creed and Jay Lethal in an Ultimate X match to capture the TNA X-Division title in Orlando, FL.
– Daniels did double duty at Lockdown ’09. As Suicide, he defeated Jay Lethal, Consequences Creed, Sheik Abdul Bashir and Kiyoshi in an Xscape match to retain the TNA X-Division title. Later on, Daneils teamed with AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, and Jeff Jarret to defeated Kurt Angle, Scott Steiner, Booker T and Kevin Nash in a lethal lockdown match.
– At Slammiversary ’09, Daniels defeated Shane Douglas.
– Daniels defeated Suicide, Chris Sabin, Amazing Red, Alex Shelley, Jay Lethal, Consequences Creed and D’Angelo Dinero in a Steel Asylum match at the 2009 Hard Justice PPV.
– In April 2010, Daniels was released by TNA and resurfaced in ROH.
– Daniels and Kazarian defeated Samoa Joe and Magnus at Sacrifice ’12 in Orlando to capture the TNA Tag Team titles.
– On June 28, 2012, Daniels and Kazarian defeated Kurt Angle and AJ Styles to regain the TNA Tag Team titles.
– At No Surrender ’12, Daniels and Kazarian defeated AJ Styles and Kurt Angle.
– At Final Resolution ’12, Daniels defeated AJ Styles.
– At One Night Only: Joker’s Wild ’13, Daniels & Samoa Joe defeated Chavo Guerrero & Rob Van Dam.
– At One Night Only: X-Travaganza, Daniels & Kazarian, now known as Bad Influence, defeated Petey Williams & Sonjay Dutt.
– At Genesis ’13, Daniels defeated James Storm.
– At One Night Only: World X Cup ’13, Daniels was part of the victorious Team USA. He & Kazarian defeated Doug Williams & Rob Terry early in the show.
– At One Night Only: Hardcore Justice 2, Bad Influence defeated Generation Me (Max & Jeremy Buck) in a Ladder Match.
– At One Night Only: #OldSchool, Bad Influence & Velvet Sky defeated Lei’D Tapa & The BroMans (Jessie Godderz & Robbie E).
– At Wrestle-1 Outbreak, Bad Influence defeated Junior Stars (Koji Kanemoto & Minoru Tanaka).
– Daniels left TNA in April 2014 when his contract expired.
– At House of Hardcore IV, Bad Influence defeated Outlaw Inc (Eddie Kingston & Homicide).
– At House of Hardcore V, Bad Influence defeated Petey Williams & Tony Nese.
– In June 2014, Daniels & Kazarian moved to ROH, where they became known as The Addiction.
– At ROH All Star Extravaganza VI, The Addiction defeated The Decade (Jimmy Jacobs & Roderick Strong).
– On June 1, 2021, Daniels was voted into the GERWECK.NET Hall of Fame.