Oct 16, 2009 - by Steve Gerweck
Real name: Pedro Morales
Weight: 235 lbs.
Date of birth: October 22, 1942
Hometown: Culebra, Puerto Rico
Pro debut: 1959
Trained by: Barba Roja
Finishing move: Boston crab
- In 1970, Morales joined the World Wide Wrestling Federation.
- On February 8, 1971, Morales defeated Ivan Koloff in Madison Square Garden to capture the WWWF title.
- On September 1, 1972, he wrestled Bruno Sammartino to a 76-minute draw in the main event of Showdown at Shea.
- Morales defeated Ken Patera on December 8, 1980 in New York, NY to capture the Intercontinental title.
- After dropping the IC title to Don Muraco, Morales regain the title on November 23, 1981 in NYC by defeating Muraco.
- In 1987, Morales retired from the ring.
- Morales was inducted into the WWE hall of fame in 1995.