Real name: Matthew Jonathan Hyson
Weight: 150 lbs.
Date of birth: August 13, 1970
From: Providence, RI
Pro debut: 1994
Trained at: APW Boot Camp
Finishing move: Acid Drop
– In May 1993, Hyson entered wrestling school to become a referee. He was later convinced to train as a wrestler.
– Dudley’s first big break came in August 1996, when Paul Heyman brought him to ECW.
– On December 7, 1996 at “Holiday Hell,” Spike and Bubba Ray Dudley defeated Davey Pisano and Little Guido.
– At Heatwave ’98, Spike teamed with Tommy Dreamer and The Sandman to defeat the Dudley Boyz (Bubba Ray, D-Von, and Dick Dudley).
– Dudley overcame the colossal duo of Mabel and Ulf Hermann in a handicap match at the 1998 November to Remember PPV.
– At the 1999 Living Dangerously in Asbury Park, New Jersey, Spike and Nova defeated the Dudley Boyz.
– At Heat Wave ’99 in Dayton, Ohio, Spike tagged up with Balls Mahoney to defeat the Dudley Boyz, capturing the ECW World Tag Team title.
– Dudley and Mahoney regained the ECW World Tag Team title on August 14, 1999 from the Dudley’s in Toledo, OH.
– Dudley downed Simon Diamond at the 1999 November to Remember in Buffalo, NY.
– At Guilty as Charged 2000, Dudley came up short in his attempt to wrestle the ECW title away from Mike Awesome. During the match, Dudley suffered a knee injury.
– Dudley re-aggravated his knee injury during the February 19, 2000 television taping in a match with Lance Storm.
– The next night, Dudley suffered a serve knee injury in a rematch against Awesome. As a result, Dudley required knee surgery.
– After months on the sideline, Dudley returned at the June 16, 2000 taping and cut a promo on Cyrus after he tried to recruit Spike for The Network.
– Dudley made his return to active competition on November 5, 2000 at November to Remember in Chicago, IL. Spike, Danny Doring, and Road Kill defeated EZ Money (Jason Jett), Julio Dinero, and Chris Hamrick in a six-man tag match.
– At the end of ECW’s existence, Spike served as the commissioner of the promotion.
– At ECW’s final pay-per-view, Guilty as Charged ’01 in Manhattan, NY, Dudley gave Chris Chetti an acid drop
. – Dudley made his WWF debut on the March 19, 2001 episode of “Raw.” The federation changed the name of his finishing move from the acid drop to the Dudley Dog.
– On the May 7, 2001 edition of “Raw” in Long Island, NY, the Dudley Boyz (Spike, D-Von, and Bubba Ray) defeated X-Factor in a tables match when Spike drove Albert through a table on the arena floor.
– A short time later, Molly Holly became the center of his universe. The bond between Spike and Molly caused friction between the Holly’s and Dudley’s.
– On the June 11, 2001 episode of “Raw,” Molly and Dudley kissed in the middle of the ring.
– Seventeen days later on “Smackdown” at Madison Square Garden, Spike and Molly defeated Jacqueline and Crash Holly.
– On the July 5, 2001 edition of “Smackdown,” Dudley suffered a broken fibula.
– In late Summer, Dudley formed a tag team with the Big Show.
– On the September 24, 2001 episode of “Raw,” Dudley, the Big Show, and Molly Holly defeated Ivory, Lance Storm, and the Hurricane.
– On the January 7, 2002 episode of “Raw” in New York, NY, Spike and Tazz teamed up to beat the Dudley Boyz for the WWF World Tag Team title.
– Two weeks later at the Royal Rumble in Atlanta, GA, Dudley and Tazz beat the Dudley Boyz to retain the WWF World Tag Team title.
– At No Way Out ’02, Dudley and Tazz successfully defended the WWF World Tag Team title against Booker T and Test.
– At Wrestlemania X-8, Dudley pinned Maven to capture the WWF Hardcore title in Toronto.
– On the April 8, 2002 edition of “Raw” in Phoenix, AZ, Dudley used brass knux to knock out William Regal, and pin him for the European title.
– At Insurrextion ’02 in London, England, Dudley successfully defended the European title against Regal.
– At Vengeance, Spike and Bubba Ray Dudley defeated Eddy Guerrero and Chris Benoit in a table’s match.
– At Survivor Series ’02 in New York, NY, Spike, Bubba Ray, and Jeff Hardy defeated 3 Minute Warning and Rico in a table’s elimination match.
– Dudley was “drafted” by Paul Heyman to join the “Smackdown” roster on the March 22, 2004 edition of “Raw.”
– Dudley defeated Rey Mysterio Jr. at the July 27, 2004 “Smackdown” taping in Cincinnati, OH to capture the WWE Cruiserweight title.
– A few weeks later, Dudley turned heel.
– At Summerslam ’04, the Dudley’s (Spike, D-Von, and Bubba Ray) defeated Mysterio Jr., Paul London, and Billy Kidman in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
– Dudley successfully defended the Cruiserweight title over Nunzio at the 2004 No Mercy PPV.
– At Survivor Series ’04, Dudley defeated Chavo Guerrero Jr., Rey Mysterio Jr., and Kidman to retain the Cruiserweight title.
– On July 5, 2005, Dudley was released by WWE.
– Hyson debuted in TNA at the April 10, 2006 Impact tapings in Orlando, FL. His ring name was changed to Brother Runt, though he would continue to compete as both Spike Dudley and Matt Hyson on the indies
– Brother Runt teamed with Team 3-D at Lockdown ’06 to defeat Team Canada in an “Anthem” match.
– On May 12, Dudley defeated TRP Heavyweight Champion Jay Jaillet by DQ
– On May 20, Hyson won a Battle Royal to win the vacant NYWC Heavyweight Title
– On August 15, 2007, Hyson was released by TNA
– Since 2010, Hyson has worked in the financial services industry, but continues to make occasional independent appearances
– At One Night Only: Hardcore Justice 2, Brother Runt & Jeff Hardy defeated Aces & Eights (Bully Ray & Devon)