Oct 12, 2009 - by Steve Gerweck
Real name: Brian Adams
Weight: 322 lbs.
Date of birth: January 31, 1963
Date of death: August 13, 2007
From: Kona, HI
Pro debut: 1986
Trained by: NJPW
Finishing move: High Time
Audio: Adams interviewed on the Gerweck Report Hotline
– On December 14, 1989, Adams and The Grappler defeated Steve Doll and Rex King for the NWA Pacific Northwest Tag Team title in Salem, OR.
– Adams won a tournament to capture the vacant NWA Pacific Northwest title on April 21, 1990. He defeated Larry Oliver in the finals.
– Shortly after Demolition (Ax and Smash) captured the WWF World Tag Team title for the third time, Adams was brought into the group as Crush.
– Demolition Smash and Crush beat Shunji Takano and Shinichi Nakano on March 30, 1991 at Tokyo’s Egg Dome.
– On July 27, 1991, Demolition Crush and Steve Doll defeated Ron and Don Harris for the Pacific Northwest Tag Team title in Portland, OR
– Demolition Crush won the Pacific Northwest title from Rip Oliver on October 12, 1991.
– In December 1991, Adams allegedly won the All-Asian title in Singapore.
– Crush defeated the Repo Man at the 1992 Summerslam at Wembley Stadium in London. The Repo Man was Barry Darsow, who was also Demolition Smash.
– In 1993, Crush feuded with Doinks.
– By the end of 1996, Crush became a member of the Nation of Domination.
– At In Your House XIII in Chattanooga, TN, the Nation (Crush, Savio Vega, and Faarooq) defeated Flash Funk, Goldust, and Bart Gunn.
– Crush interfered in the Vega-Rocky Maivia match at In Your House XIV.
– After leaving the WWF, Adams joined WCW and became apart of the New World Order.
– The last remnants of the original nWo consisted of Adams, Scott Norton, Vincent, and Horace Hogan. Stevie Ray eventually won control of the group.
– At Starrcade ’98, Adams and Scott Norton beat Fit Finlay and Jerry Flynn.
– Adams and Bryan Clark signed multi year contracts with WCW, and were repackaged as Kronic.
– On the May 15, 2000 episode of the “Nitro,” Kronic defeated Shane Douglas and the Wall (subbing for a suspended Buff Bagwell) for the WCW World Tag Team title.
– At Bash at the Beach ’00 in Daytona Beach, FL, Kronic relieved Sean Stasiak and Chuck Palumbo of the World Tag Team title.
– At the German PPV “Millennium Final,” Kronic defeated Rey Mysterio Jr. and Billy Kidman.
– In August 2001, Kronic signed with the WWF.
– On the September 4, 2001 edition of “Smackdown” in Toronto, Kronic made their WWF debuts by attacking the Undertaker.
– On the September 17, 2001 episode of “Raw,” Kronic caused the Undertaker and Kane to drop the WWF World Tag Team title to the Dudley Boyz. Later on the show, Kronic and Steven Richards became member’s of the Alliance.
– After their dismal performance at the Unforgiven PPV, Kronic was assigned to the WWF farm system. As a result, Clark quit the WWF, and Adams was assigned to Les Thatcher’s HWA promotion in Cincinnati.
– In November 2001, the WWF bought out Adams’ contract.
– On February 24, 2002, Kronic reunited and defeated Native Blood at the WWA PPV “Revolution” in Las Vegas, NV.
– On July 17, 2002, Kronic defeated Keiji Mutoh and Taiyo Kea in Osaka, Japan to capture the All Japan Double Tag Team title.