The Great Khali
Real name: Dalip Singh Rana
Weight: 420 lbs.
Date of birth: August 27, 1972
Pro debut: October 7, 2000
Trained at: APW Boot Camp
Finishing move: Khali Bomb
– Singh teamed with Giant Silva on October 8, 2001 at the Tokyo Dome winning a 4 on 2 Handicap match. The team was dubbed Club 7 by Masahiro Chono.
– In 2005, Singh starred in the Adam Sandler remake of “The Longest Yard.”
– In January 2006, Singh signed a contract with World Wrestling Entertainment.
– Singh debuted on the April 7, 2006 edition of “Smackdown,” and took down The Undertaker. His ring name was changed to The Great Khali. His manager became Daiviri.
– The Great Khali defeated The Undertaker at the 2006 Judgment Day PPV.
– The Great Khali and Daiviri were moved to the ECW roster in October 2006.
– The Great Khali was moved to the Raw roster on January 8, 2007.
– At Wrestlemania 23, The Great Khali defeated Kane.
– On the June 11, 2007 edition of “Raw,” The Great Khali (and his translator) was drafted to the Smackdown brand.
– At the July 17, 2007 Smackdown tapings in Laredo, TX, The Great Khali won a 20-man battle royal to capture the vacant World Heavyweight title.
– At the Great American Bash ’07, Khali defeated Kane and Batista to remain World Heavyweight champion.
– At Survivor Series ’08, Team Michaels (HBK, Rey Mysterio, Cryme Tyme, and The Great Khali) defeated Team JBL (John “Bradshaw” Layfield, Kane, Montel Vontavious Porter and John Morrison and The Miz).
– On April 27, 2010, Khali was drafted to Raw.
– Khali was drafted back to Smackdown on April 26, 2011.
– At the end of 2011, Khali’s contract expired and he decided to return to India.
– Khali returned to as a surprise entrant in the 2012 Royal Rumble.
– In November 2014, The Great Khali’s WWE contract expired and he left the promotion.