Oct 3, 2009 - by Steve Gerweck
Real name: James Gibson
Weight: 185 lbs.
Date of birth: December 23, 1976
From: Hanover, WV
Pro debut: Summer 1995
Trained by: Dean Malenko
Finishing move: Trailer Hitch
- In WCW, Noble wrestled as a masked grappler called Jamie-san, with the Jung Dragons. The group also consisted of Kaz Hayashi and Jimmy Yang.
- When Noble broke away from the Jung Dragons, Noble formed a tag team with Evan Karagias. Unfortunately, the team enjoyed little success.
- At Superbrawl Revenge, Noble competed in the WCW Cruiserweight contention match. The contest also included Shane Helms, Shannon Moore, Hayashi, Yang, and Karagias.
- The WWF purchased Noble’s contract from WCW when the Federation obtained the fallen company from AOL Time Warner.
- The WWF sent Noble to Les Thatcher’s Heartland Wrestling for further training, including honing his mic skills.
- For a time, Noble was dubbed Jamie “By God” Noble.
- On September 2, 2001, Noble pinned Matt Stryker in Cincinnati, OH to capture the HWA Cruiserweight title.
- On the June 6, 2002 episode of “Smackdown,” Noble made his WWE television debut along with Tough Enough I’s Nidia.
- Two weeks later, Noble used outside interference from Nidia to defeat Billy Kidman to earn a WWE Cruiserweight title shot at the 2002 King of the Ring.
- With Nidia in his corner, Noble defeated The Hurricane (Helms) for the WWE Cruiserweight title at the 2002 King of the Ring in Columbus, OH.
- At Vengeance ’02, Noble successfully defended the Cruiserweight title against Kidman.
- On August 10, 2002, Noble successfully defended the Cruiserweight title against The Hurricane in Melbourne, Australia.
- On the October 17, 2002 episode of “Smackdown,” Noble faced and defeated his valet, Nidia. Tajiri served as the special guest referee.
- At No Mercy ’02 in Little Rock, AR, Noble successfully defended the Cruiserweight title against Tajiri.
- At the U.K. PPV only Rebellion on October 26, 2002 in Manchester, England, Noble overcame Tajiri and Rey Mysterio Jr. to retain the Cruiserweight title.
- Noble again successfully defended the Cruiserweight title on October 27, 2002 in Sheffield, England.
- In December 2002, Noble brought his “cousin” Nunizo (Little Guido) into the mix.
- At Vengeance ’03 in Denver, CO, Noble defeated Billy Gunn.
- At No Way Out ’04, Noble beat Nidia.
- In September 2004, Noble and WWE parted ways.
- The following month, Noble (now wrestling as James Gibson) toured with New Japan Pro Wrestling, teaming with the American Dragon as his tag team partner.
- In July 2005, WWE resigned Gibson.
- On August 12, 2005 in Dayton, OH, Gibson defeated CM Punk, Samoa Joe and Christopher Daniels to win the ROH title.
- During the spring of 2006, Noble formed a tag team with Kid Kash.
- Noble was drafted to the Raw roster via the Supplemental draft on June 25, 2008.
- Noble was moved to the ECW roster on February 2, 2009.