Real name: Gregory Helms
Weight: 191 lbs.
Date of birth: July 12, 1974
Hometown: Smithfield, NC
Pro debut: July 6, 1991
Trained at: WCW Power Plant
Finishing move: Suicide Plancha
– On August 23, 1992, Kid Vicious (Helms) pinned the Gemini Kid for the CCWA (Carolina Championship Wrestling Alliance) Lightweight title in Kernersville, NC. Vicious regained the title after vacating the championship due to a fractured rib.
– The Serial Thrillaz (Mike Maverick and Helms, wrestling as Kid Vicious) defeated Maximum Camage on December 5, 1997 to become the first OMEGA (Organization of Modern Extreme Grappling Arts) Tag Team champions.
– On January 29, 1999, the Serial Thrillaz defeated the Hardy Boys for the OMEGA Tag Team title in Wendell, NC.
– Helms pinned Harrison for the WWO (World Wrestling Organization) Light Heavyweight title on February 27, 1999 in Morehead, NC.
– On April 29, 1999, Helms captured the SCW (Southern Championship Wrestling) title from Otto Scwanz in Raleigh, NC.
– Helms and Shannon Moore formed “The Bad Street Boys” with Joey Matthews and Christian York for NWA Worldwide.
– Helms and Moore defeated Kaz Hayashi and Blitzkrieg in their WCW debuts.
– On September 20, 1999, the Serial Thrillaz defeated C.W. Anderson and Toad in a tournament final match for the vacant SCW (Southern Championship Wrestling) Tag Team title in Louisburg, NC.
– 3 Count (Helms, Moore, and Evan Karagias) debuted on the December 23, 1999 episode of “Thunder.”
– At Superbrawl 2000, 3 Count defeated Norman Smiley in a handicap match.
– On the February 28, 2000 edition on “Nitro” in Minneapolis, MN, 3 Count defeated Brian Knobs in a handicap match for the WCW Hardcore title.
– Tank Abbott, dropping his serious shoot-fighting gimmick, became infatuated with 3 Count, dancing to their entrance music.
– At New Blood Rising in Vancouver, 3 Count defeated the Jung Dragons in a ladder match with a recording contract hanging from the ceiling as the prize.
– After being fired by Abbott as his back up singers, 3 Count turned against him on the August 23, 2000 episode of “Thunder.”
– On the November 1, 2000 episode of “Thunder,” 3 Count had a falling out during a match with the Jung Dragons. Helms and Moore left together.
– At Mayhem 2000 in Milwaukee, WI, Helms and Moore defeated the Jung Dragons and Karagis and Jaime Noble in a three-way dance.
– Helms and Moore won a triple ladder match over the Jung Dragons and Knoble and Karagias at Starrcade 2000.
– At Superbrawl Revenge on February 18, 2001, Helms won a six-man four corners Cruiserweight Elimination match to earn a WCW Cruiserweight title shot.
– On the February 26, 2001 episode of “Nitro,” Helms defeated his former 3 Count partner, Shannon Moore.
– At WCW Greed in Jacksonville, FL, Helms pinned Chavo Guerrero Jr. to capture the WCW Cruiserweight title.
– The next night on “Nitro,” Helms successfully defended the Cruiserweight title against Kidman.
– Helms defeated Guerrero Jr. on July 1, 2001 in Spokane, WA to retain the WCW Cruiserweight title at a WWF house show.
– The WWF changed his ring name to Gregory Helms, and later to “Hurricane” Helms.
– On the August 27, 2001 episode of “Raw” in Grand Rapids, MI, Helms pinned Matt Hardy to capture the WWF European title.
– On the October 1, 2001 edition of “Raw,” Helms gained the services of a valet, Mighty Molly (Molly Holly).
– On March 3, 2002, “The Hurricane” defeated Sho Funaki in Singapore.
– At Wrestlemania X-8, “The Hurricane” pinned Spike Dudley to capture the WWF Hardcore title in Toronto.
– On May 14, 2002, “The Hurricane” defeated Tajiri and Billy Kidman to claim the WWE Cruiserweight title at the “Smackdown” taping in Montreal.
– On the September 23, 2002 episode of “Raw,” The Hurricane and Kane defeated the Un-Americans (Storm and Christian) in Anaheim, CA to capture the WWE World Tag Team title.
– The Hurricane scored a pinfall victory over The Rock on the March 10, 2003 edition of “Raw.”
– On February 5, 2004 in Hiroshima, Japan, The Hurricane defeated Rico.
– At Backlash ’04, The Hurricane and Rosey defeated La Resistance.
– The Hurricane and Rosey won a five team tag team turmoil match to win the World Tag Team title at Backlash ’05 in Manchester, NH.
– A short time later, The Hurricane and Rosey picked up the services of Stacy Keibler.
– In October 2005, The Hurricane turned heel and once again became Gregory Helms.
– At the 2006 Royal Rumble in Miami, FL, Helms defeated Kid Kash, Nunzio, Funaki, Jamie Noble and Paul London in a “cruiserweight invitational texas tornado” match to capture the WWE Cruiserweight title.
– Helms successfully defended the Cruiserweight title against Kid Kash, Super Crazy, Psicosis, Paul London, Nunzio, Brian Kendrick, Scotty 2 Hotty, and Funaki at the 2006 No Way Out.
– In February 2006, Helms signed a contract extension with WWE.
– Helms retained the Cruiserweight title at Judgment Day ’06 by beating Super Crazy.
– Helms defeated Matt Hardy at the 2006 Great American Bash in a non-title match.
– At Armageddon ’06, Helms defeated Jimmy Wang Yang to retain the Cruiserweight title.
– Helms was drafted to the ECW roster on April 15, 2009 in the Supplemental draft.
– On February 26, 2010, Helms was released by WWE.
– On April 9, 2010, Helms & Kryptonite defeated Rock of Love (Billy Blade & Kadin Anthony) to win the WFC Tag Team Titles.
– On April 1, 2011, Helms defeated Ric Converse to win the vacant PWI International Title.
– On April 10, 2011, Helms defeated Shannon Ballard to retain the PWI International Title.
– On August 25, 2013, Helms defeated Trevor Lee to retain the PWI International Title.
– On December 28, 2013, Helms defeated Zane Dawson to retain the PWI International Title.
– At House of Hardcore IV, Helms, Gangrel & Joe Caldo defeated Bill Carr, Cerebus & Vik Dalishus.
– On August 23, 2013, Helms & Johnny Adams defeated The Flatliners (Matt Burns & Asylum) to win the ESW Tag Team Titles.
– On September 20, 2014, Helms defeated Zane Dawson to regain the PWI International Title.
– On October 4, 2014, Helms & Johnny Adams defeated The Flatliners to retain the ESW Tag Team Titles.
– On November 22, 2014, Helms & Adams defeated Double Down (James Santel & Sal Muracco) to retain the ESW Tag Team Titles.
– In 2015, Helms was hired by TNA.
– In June 2017, Impact Wrestling released Helms.
– The Hurricane competed in the 2018 Royal Rumble, but was eliminated within a minute by John Cena