Oct 2, 2009 - by Steve Gerweck
Real name: John Randall Hennigan
Weight: 220 lbs.
Date of birth: October 3, 1979
From: Davis, CA
Pro debut: 2003
Trained by: WWE
Finishing move: Starship Pain
– After winning the “Tough Enough III” competition, Hennigan was assigned to Ohio Valley Wrestling.
– Hennigan debuted on “Raw” on the March 1, 2004 episode.
– Following an unsuccessful run as Johnny Nitro, Hennigan was sent back to OVW.
– A week after debuting on “Smackdown,” Nitro and Joey Mercury (Matthews), managed by Melina, defeated Rey Mysterio Jr. and Eddy Guerrero for the WWE Tag Team titles at the April 18, 2005 tapings in New York, NY.
– At Judgment Day ’05, MNM defeated Charlie Haas and Hardcore Holly to retain the WWE Tag Team titles.
– At the October 25, 2005 Smackdown tapings, MNM beat Animal and Heidenreich, Mexicools, and William Regal and Paul Burchill to regain the WWE Tag Team titles.
– MNM defeated the Mexicools (Psicosis and Super Crazy) at Armageddon ’05.
– At the December 27, 2005 Smackdown tapings in Uncasville, CT, MNM defeated Batista and Rey Mysterio Jr. to regain the WWE Tag Team titles.
– Nitro and Melina debuted on “Raw” on the May 29, 2006 edition of the cable show.
– At Vengeance ’06 in Charlotte, NC, Nitro defeated Shelton Benjamin and Carlito in a three way dance to capture the Intercontinental title.
– Nitro successfully defended the Intercontinental title at Unforgiven ’06 by defeating Jeff Hardy.
– At the November 6, 2006 Raw taping in Columbus, OH, Nitro defeated Jeff Hardy to regain the IC title.
– On June 17, 2007, Nitro was drafted by ECW during the supplemental draft.
– At Vengeance ’07 in Houston, TX, Nitro (subbing for Chris Benoit) defeated CM Punk to capture the vacant ECW World Heavyweight title.
– In July 2007, Nitro changed his ring name to John Morrison.
– At the Great American Bash ’07, Morrison defeated CM Punk to remain ECW champion.
– At Summerslam ’07, Morrison defeated Punk again to retain the ECW title.
– On November 16, 2008 in Wichita, KS, Morrison and The Miz defeated Matt Hardy and MVP to capture the WWE Tag Team titles.
– At Judgment Day ’08, Morrison and Miz defeated Kane and CM Punk to retain the WWE Tag Team titles.
– At Cyber Sunday ’08, Morrison and Miz defeated Cryme Tyme.
– On December 13, 2008, Morrison and Miz defeated CM Punk and Kofi Kingston at a house show in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada to capture the World Tag Team titles.
– On April 15, 2009, Morrison was drafted to the Smackdown roster in the Supplemental draft.
– At Judgment Day ’09, Morrison defeated Shelton Benjamin.
– At the Smackdown taping on September 1, 2009 in Cleveland, OH, Morrison defeated Rey Mysterio to win the Intercontinental title.
– At Hell in a Cell ’09, Morrison defeated Dolph Ziggler.
– Morrison was drafted to Raw on April 26, 2010.
– At Wrestlemania 27, Trish Stratus, Morrison and Snooki defeated Michelle McCool, Layla, and Dolph Ziggler.
– At Summerslam ’11, Morrison, Rey Mysterio, and Kofi Kingston defeated The Miz, R-Truth, and Alberto Del Rio.
– On November 30, 2011, Morrison’s WWE contract expired.
– On February 4, 2012, Hennigan defeated Shelton Benjamin to win the vacant WWFX World Title.
– On August 4, 2012, Morrison defeated Sonjay Dutt to win the vacant CWF United States Title.
– On February 22, 2013, Morrison defeated Brian Cage, Davey Boy Smith Jr, Jack Evans, Samuray del Sol & Teddy Hart in an Elimination Match to win the vacant NGW World Title.
– On May 24, 2013, Morrison fought CWF Champion Luke Hawx to a double countout in a Champion vs Champion Match to retain the CWF United States Title.
– On June 21, 2013, Hennigan defeated Carlito Colon to win the FWE Heavyweight Title.
– At House of Hardcore II, Morrison defeated 2 Cold Scorpio to retain the FWE Heavyweight Title.
– On October 12, 2013, Hennigan defeated Matt Morgan to retain the FWE Heavyweight Title.
– In September 2014, Hennigan began competing for Lucha Underground as ‘Johnny Mundo.’