Real name: Michael Shawn Hickenbottom
Weight: 237 lbs.
Date of birth: July 22, 1965
Born: Scottsdale, AZ
Resides: San Antonio, TX
Pro debut: October 16, 1984
Trained by: Jose Lothario
Finishing move: Sweet Chin Music
– Michaels, Brad Armstrong, and Terry Daniels beat Thor, Edgar Thomas, and Jack Victory on March 30, 1985 in New Orleans, LA.
– American Force (Michaels and Paul Diamond) were given the Texas All-Star Texas Tag Team title on September 1, 1985 by Chavo Guerrero.
– On November 17, 1985, American Force defeated Ricky Santana and Tony Torres for the Texas All-Star Tag Team title in San Antonio, TX.
– On May 15, 1986, the Midnight Rockers (Marty Jannetty and Michaels) defeated Brad and Bart Batten for the Central States Tag Team title in Kansas City, KS.
– The Midnight Rockers defeated Buddy Rose and Doug Somers in a “steel cage” match on December 25, 1986 in St. Paul, MN.
– The Midnight Rockers captured the AWA World Tag Team title by defeating Rose and Somers on January 27, 1987 in St. Paul, MN.
– On December 27, 1987, the Midnight Rockers beat Randy Rose and Dennis Condrey for the AWA World Tag Team title in Las Vegas, NV.
– In 1988, the duo entered the WWF as the Rockers.
– At the 1988 Survivor Series, the Rockers, the Powers of Pain, the Young Stallions, the Hart Foundation, and the British Bulldogs defeated Demolition, the Rougeau’s, Los Conquistadores, the Bolsheviks, and the Brain Busters.
– The Ultimate Warriors (the Ultimate Warrior, the Rockers, and Jim Neidhart defeated the Heenan Family (Andre the Giant, Bobby Heenan, Haku, and Arn Anderson) at the 1989 Survivor Series in Chicago, IL.
– The Rockers defeated the Hart Foundation for the WWF World Tag Team title at the October 30, 1990 “Saturday Night Main Event” television taping in Ft. Wayne, IN. However, since the match was never televised, the title switch wasn’t acknowledged.
– At the 1991 Royal Rumble, the Rockers beat the Orient Express.
– The Rockers defeated the Barbarian and Haku at Wrestlemania VII in Los Angles, CA.
– On June 7, 1991, the Rockers defeated beat Hercules Hernandez and Paul Roma in Tokyo, Japan.
– The team broke up in early 1992. The two wrestlers literally hated each other and often had fights in parking lots and hotels.
– The breakup of the Rockers occurred as an angle on Brutus Beefcake’s short-lived “Barber Shop” talk show, when Michaels pushed Jannetty through a window, putting him out of action.
– At Wrestlemania VIII in Indianapolis, IN, Michaels pinned El Matador Tito Santana.
– Michaels won the Intercontinental title from the British Bulldog on October 27, 1992 in Birmingham, England.
– At the 1993 Royal Rumble, Michaels successfully defended the Intercontinental title against Jannetty.
– On May 17, 1993, Jannetty upset Michaels for the IC title; however, Michaels regained the title three weeks later.
– At King of the Ring ’93, Michaels debuted his new bodyguard, Diesel (Kevin Nash).
– In the late summer, Michaels’ real-life attitude began to show, as he refused to “do the job” and drop the IC belt. As a result, figure head WWF President Jack Tunney “suspended him.”
– Upon his return, Michaels and Razor Ramon (Scott Hall) engaged in a huge feud.
– On August 28, 1994, Michaels and Diesel beat the Headshrinkers to win the WWF World Tag Team title. However, when Diesel beat Bob Backlund for the WWF championship in November ’94, the tag team split up and forfeited the belts.
– Michaels later hired Sycho Sid as his new bodyguard.
– Michaels won the 1995 Royal Rumble, and amazingly was the first participate to enter the battle royal.
– At Wrestlemania XI, actresses Pamela Anderson was in his corner when Michaels faced Diesel.
– On July 23, 1995, Michaels regained the IC title by beating Jeff Jarrett.
– On August 4, 1995, Micheals defeated Buddy Landell in Knoxville, TN for Jim Cornette’s Smoky Mountain Wrestling promotion.
– Michaels beat Razor Ramon in a ladder match at Summerslam ’95. However, a short time later, he suffered an injury, which forced him to forfeit the title.
– Michaels won the 1996 Royal Rumble to earn a WWF title shot at Wrestlemania XII with arch enemy Bret Hart.
– Michaels fulfilled a lifelong dream at Wrestlemania XII in Anaheim, CA by capturing the WWF title from Hart in a 60-minute Iron Man match that required an overtime frame.
– Michaels dropped the WWF title to Sycho Sid at the 1996 Survivor Series, but regained the gold at the 1997 Royal Rumble in front of a hometown crowd.
– On February 13, 1997, Michaels forfeited the title due to a knee injury. Many believe Shawn faked the injury to avoid “doing the timed honored tradition” for Hart at Wrestlemania.
– When Michaels returned, the animosity between Hart and Michaels grew intense. A backstage altercation ensued injuring both men.
– Michaels formed a short lived tag team with Steve Austin. The duo defeated Owen Hart and the British Bulldog for the WWF World Tag Team title on June 16, 1997.
– By the fall of 1997, Michaels and Hunter Hearst Helmsley formed Degeneration X with Chyna.
– On September 20, 1997, Michaels pinned the British Bulldog to capture the European title.
– Michaels defeated the Undertaker in the first ever “Hell in a Cell” match at the 1997 Badd Blood PPV to become the number one contender to Hart’s WWF title.
– In the now infamous double cross at the ’97 Survivor Series in Montreal, Michaels “defeated” Hart for the WWF title.
– When Michaels was forced to defend his European title against pal Triple H, Shawn “laid down,” allowing Helmsley to win his first European championship on December 22, 1997.
– After dropping the title to Austin at Wrestlemania XIV in Boston, Michaels underwent back surgery.
– Michaels turned heel in August 1999 on “Smackdown,” as he served as the special guest referee in a WWF title match involving Triple H and the Rock.
– On the June 26, 2000 episode of “Raw,” HBK appointed Mick Foley as the new WWF commissioner.
– In February 2001, Michaels signed a multi year contract extension with the WWF.
– On the June 3, 2002 edition of “Raw,” Nash introduced Michaels as the newest member of the nWo.
– At Summerslam ’02 returned to the ring, and defeated his former best friend, Triple H.
– At Survivor Series ’02 in New York, NY, Michaels defeated Triple H, Kane, Chris Jericho, Booker T, and Rob Van Dam to capture the World Heavyweight championship.
– Michaels defeated Chris Jericho at Wrestlemania XIX in Seattle, WA.
– At Armageddon ’03, Michaels defeated Dave Batista.
– At Unforgiven ’04, Michaels defeated Kane.
– On October 22, 2004, Michaels underwent surgery to repair a meniscus tear performed by Dr. Jacobs in San Antonio.
– At Backlash ’05, Michaels and Hulk Hogan defeated Hassan and Daivari.
– At Vengeance ’05, Michaels defeated Kurt Angle.
– After teaming up with Hogan to defeat Carlito and Angle on the July 4, 2005 episode of “Raw,” Michaels turned against the Hulkster and gave him sweet chin music.
– At Unforgiven ’05, Michaels beat Chris Masters.
– At Wrestlemania 22, Michaels defeated Vince McMahon in a “no holds barred” match.
– The reunited DX (HBK and Triple H) defeated the Spirit Squad in a “handicap” match at Vengeance ’06.
– At Summerslam ’06, DX defeated Vince and Shane McMahon.
– DX defeated Vince McMahon, Shane McMahon and The Big Show in a “hell in the cell” match at Unforgiven ’06.
– At Survivor Series ’06, Team DX (DX, CM Punk, and the Hardy Boyz) defeated Randy Orton, Edge, Gregory Helms, Johnny Nitro and Mike Knox.
– On the January 29, 2007 episode of “Raw” in Dallas, TX, Michaels and Cena defeated Rated RKO (Edge and Randy Orton) to capture the World Tag Team titles.
– At No Way Out ’07, Cena and Michaels defeated The Undertaker and Batista.
– At Armageddon ’07, HBK defeated Mr. Kennedy.
– Michaels defeated Ric Flair to retire the Nature Boy at Wrestlemania XXIV.
– At Backlash ’08, Michaels defeated Batista.
– On May 1, 2008, HBK was inducted into the GERWECK.NET Hall of Fame.
– Michaels defeated Chris Jericho at Judgment Day ’08.
– At Unforgiven ’08, Michaels defeated Y2J in an Unsanctioned match at Unforgiven ’08.
– At Survivor Series ’08, Team Michaels (Michaels, Rey Mysterio, Cryme Tyme, and The Great Khali) defeated Team JBL (John “Bradshaw” Layfield, Kane, Montel Vontavious Porter and John Morrison and The Miz).
– Michaels defeated JBL at No Way Out ’09 in a “all or nothing” match to gain his freedom from Bradshaw.
– At Summerslam ’09, DX (Triple H and HBK) defeated Legacy (Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase).
– At Hell in a Cell ’09, DX defeated Rhodes and DiBiase in a “Hell in a Cell” match.
– DX (Triple H and HBK) defeated Chris Jericho and The Big Show at TLC in San Antonio, TX in a TLC match to capture the WWE Unified Tag Team championship.
– In 2011, Michaels was inducted into the WWE hall of fame.