Real name: Naofumi Yamamoto
Weight: 230 lbs.
Date of birth: July 11, 1977
Hometown: Gifu, Japan
Pro debut: October 12, 2002
Trained by: NJ Dojo, FCW, & Chono
Finishing move: The Cloverleaf
– On July 26, 2004, Yamamoto defeated esteemed amateur wrestler Yujiro Takahashi in his debut at Korakuen Hall.
– In February 2008, Yamamoto left New Japan Pro Wrestling after the annual renewal period, instead signing a developmental contract with World Wrestling Entertainment. He was assigned to Florida Championship Wrestling, where he underwent several name changes, first competing as Yamamoto and then as Yoshitatsu, before tweaking the spelling to Yoshi Tatsu.
– On June 30, 2009, Yamamoto joined the ECW brand as a fan favorite under the ring name Yoshi Tatsu. He had his first match that night, defeating Shelton Benjamin, although he lost a rematch to Benjamin on the July 9 episode of ECW.
– On April 26, 2011, Tatsu was drafted to the Smackdown roster.
– On June 12, 2014, Tatsu was released by WWE.