Sep 6, 2009 - by Steve Gerweck
Real name: Nicholas Theodore Nemeth
Weight: 213 lbs.
Date of birth: July 27, 1980
Hometown: Cleveland, OH
Pro debut: September 2004
Trained by: OVW
Finishing move: Zig Zag
- Upon signing with a developmental deal, WWE assigned Nemeth to OVW.
- After debuting as Kerwin White’s (Chavo Guerrero Jr.) caddy on “Raw,” Nemeth returned to television on the January 23, 2006 episode of “Raw” with Mike Mondo, Ken Doane, Nick Mitchell and Johnny Jeter as the Spirit Squad.
- When the Spirit Squad group was dropped, Nemeth was sent back to the developmental system.
- Nemeth resurfaced on Raw on September 15, 2008 as Dolph Ziggler.
- On October 10, 2008, Ziggler was suspended for 30 days for his first violation of WWE’s Wellness Program policy.
- On April 15, 2009, Ziggler was drafted the Smackdown roster in the Supplemental draft.
- At The Bash, Ziggler defeated The Great Khali after Kane interfered.
- On July 28, 2010, Ziggler defeated Kofi Kingston in Laredo, TX, to capture the Intercontinental championship.
- On SmackDown on February 18, 2011, Vickie Guerrero fired Edge, claiming that he had attacked Theodore Long several weeks prior, and awarded Ziggler the championship during a coronation ceremony later that night. Long returned during the ceremony however, and Guerrero revealed Ziggler as the attacker after being accused of orchestrating the attack by Long. Long rehired Edge and gave him his rematch, in which Edge regained the championship. Ziggler’s first World Championship reign lasted 11 minutes and 23 seconds. After the match, Long fired Ziggler in storyline.
- Ziggler was moved to the Raw roster on March 7, 2011.
- At Capitol Punishment ’11, Ziggler (with Vickie Guerrero) defeated Kofi Kingston to capture the United States title.
- Ziggler defeated Jack Swagger, John Morrison and Alex Riley at the 2011 Night of Champions.
- At Survivor Series ’11, Ziggler defeated John Morrison to retain the U.S. title.
- At Wrestlemania 28, Team Johnny (David Otunga (captain), Mark Henry, Dolph Ziggler, Jack Swagger, The Miz, and Drew McIntyre) defeated Team Teddy (Santino Marella (captain), R-Truth, Kofi Kingston, Zack Ryder, The Great Khali, and Booker T).
- At Money in the Bank ’12, Ziggler (with Vickie Guerrero) defeated Damien Sandow, Tyson Kidd, Christian, Santino Marella, Tensai (with Sakamoto), Cody Rhodes and Sin Cara to win the Money in the Bank brief case.
- On April 8, 2013, Ziggler cashed in the Money in the Bank brief case and defeated Alberto Del Rio in East Rutherford, NJ, to capture the World Heavyweight title.