Davey Boy Smith Jr.
Sep 6, 2009 - by Steve Gerweck
Real name: Harry Smith
Weight: 260 lbs.
Date of birth: August 2, 1986
Hometown: Calgary, Alberta
Pro debut: 2000
Trained by: Davey Boy Smith & Bruce Hart
Finishing move: Running Powerslam
- On January 16, 2004, Smith defeated Karnager to capture the Stampede North American Heavyweight title in Calgary, Alberta, Canada.
- On March 26, 2004, Smith and Apocalypse claimed the Stampede International Tag Team title in Calgary. Smith claimed the tag team title again on May 28, 2004, this time with Kirk Melnick.
- Smith and TJ Wilson defeated Duke Durrango and Greg Pawluk in a 60-minute Iron Man Tag Match on October 9, 2004, for the PWA (Edmonton) Tag Team titles.
- On January 23, 2005, Smith made his Japanese debut for New Japan Pro Wrestling, and defeated Hiro Saito.
- In 2006, Smith agreed to terms with WWE.
- On May 27, 2006, Smith defeated Rob Conway in a WWE dark match.
- On June 26, 2006 in Tampa, FL, Smith won a 21 person battle royal to become the Florida Championship Wrestling Southern Heavyweight Champion.
- Smith debuted on “Raw” on DH Smith in October 2007, but was suspended for 30-days for a wellness policy violation the next month.
- Smith was drafted to the Smackdown roster on June 25, 2008.
- On April 15, 2009, Smith was drafted to the ECW roster in the WWE Supplemental draft.
- Smith made his ECW debut on May 12, 2009, as a villain, attacking Finlay during Finlay’s match with Tyson Kidd (TJ Wilson), using the name David Hart Smith.
- On June 29, 2009, Smith was traded to Smackdown.
- At Bragging Rights ’09, Team SmackDown (Chris Jericho, Kane, R-Truth, Matt Hardy, Finlay, The Hart Dynasty (Tyson Kidd and David Hart Smith) defeated Team Raw (D-Generation X (Triple H and Shawn Michaels), The Big Show, Cody Rhodes, Jack Swagger, Kofi Kingston and Mark Henry).
- On the April 26, 2010 episode of “Raw,” Kidd and David Hart Smith beat ShoMiz to capture the WWE Unified Team Team titles.
- The following day, The Hart Dynasty was drafted to the Raw roster during the Supplemental draft.
- On August 5, 2011, WWE announced Smith’s release from the company.
- During a 2012 tour with New Japan Pro Wrestling, DH was dubbed Davey Boy Smith Jr.