Sep 5, 2009 - by Steve Gerweck
Real name: Kofi Sarkodie-Mensah
Weight: 218 lbs.
Date of birth: August 14, 1981
Pro debut: June 4, 2006
Trained by: Chaotic Wrestling
Finishing move: Trouble in Paradise
– In WWE’s developmental system, Kingston wrestled for both Ohio Valley Wrestling and Deep South Wrestling.
– Kingston debuted on ECW television in early 2008.
– On June 25, 2008, Kingston was drafted to the Raw roster during the Supplemental draft.
– Four days later at Night of Champions in Dallas, TX, Kingston defeated Chris Jericho to capture the Intercontinental title.
– Kingston and CM Punk defeated Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase on the October 27, 2008 edition in Tucson, AZ to capture the World Tag Team titles.
– On the June 1, 2009 edition of Raw in Birmingham, AL, Kingston defeated MVP to capture the United States championship.
– At Extreme Rules ’09, Kingston defeated William Regal, Matt Hardy, and MVP to retain the U.S. championship.
– At Night of Champions ’09, Kingston defeated Carlito, Primo, MVP, The Miz, and Jack Swagger to retain the U.S. title.
– At Breaking Point, Kingston pinned The Miz to remain U.S. champion.
– Kingston defeated The Miz and Jack Swagger at the 2009 Hell in a Cell.
– At Survivor Series, Team Kingston (Kingston, Montel Vontavious Porter, Mark Henry, R-Truth, and Christian) defeated Team Orton (Randy Orton, Cody Rhodes, Ted DiBiase, CM Punk, and William Regal).
– On April 26, 2010, Kingston was drafted to Smackdown.
– At Wrestlemania 27, Big Show, Kane, Santino Marella and Kofi Kingston defeated The Corre (Wade Barrett, Heath Slater, Justin Gabriel, and Ezekiel Jackson).
– On April 26, 2011, Kingston was drafted to Raw.
– At WWE Extreme Rules ’11, Kingston defeated Sheamus for the United States title.
– At Summerslam ’11, Rey Mysterio, John Morrison, and Kingston defeated The Miz, R-Truth, and Alberto Del Rio.
– At the August 22, 2011 Raw in Edmonton, Kingston and Evan Bourne defeated Michael McGillicutty and David Otunga to win the WWE tag team titles.
– At Night of Champions ’11, Air Boom (Bourne and Kingston) defeated The Miz and R-Truth.
– At Hell in a Cell ’11, Air Boom defeated Dolph Ziggler and Jack Swagger to retain the tag team titles.
– At TLC ’11, Air Boom defeated Primo and Epico.
– Kingston and R-Truth defeated Primo and Epico on the April 30, 2012 edition of Raw in Dayton, OH to capture the WWE tag team titles.
– At Over the Limit ’12, R-Truth and Kingston defeated Jack Swagger and Dolph Ziggler.
– At Summerslam ’12, R-Truth and Kofi Kingston defeated Prime Time Players (Titus O’Neil and Darren Young).
– On October 16, 2012, Kingston defeated The Miz to win the WWE Intercontinental Title.
– At Hell In A Cell ’12, Kingston defeated Miz to retain the WWE Intercontinental Title.
– At Survivor Series ’12, Kingston was part of Team Foley as they lost to Team Ziggler.
– At TLC ’12, Kingston defeated Wade Barrett to retain the WWE Intercontinental Title.
– On April 15, 2013, Kingston defeated Cesaro to win the WWE United States Title but would lose it to Dean Ambrose only a month later.
– At TLC ’13, Kingston defeated The Miz in a No-DQ Match.
– At Payback ’14, Kingston fought Bo Dallas to a no-contest.
– In November 2014, following a period of inactivity, Kingston returned as part of the New Day stable alongside Big E and Xavier Woods.
– On the TLC ’14 pre-show, The New Day (Kingston & Big E) defeated Goldust & Stardust.