Aug 30, 2009 - by Steve Gerweck
Real name: Carlos Edwin Colón Jr.
Weight: 210 lbs.
Date of birth: February 21, 1979
Hometown: San Juan, Puerto Rico
Pro debut: November 1999
Trained by: Isaac Rosario
Finishing move: Back Stabber
- On January 29, 2000, Colón defeated Ray González in Carolina, Puerto Rico for the WWC (World Wrestling Council) Universal title.
- Colón regained the WWC Universal title from González on July 16, 2000 in Caguas, Puerto Rico.
- On November 25, 2000, Colón captured the vacate WWC Universal title.
- Colón defeated González on December 1, 2001 to claim his fourth WWC Universal title.
- On March 16, 2002, Carlos and Eddie Colón defeated Thunder and Lightning for the WWC World Tag Team titles.
- On April 13, 2002, Colón defeated Vampiro in Fajardo, Puerto Rico to claim the help up WWC Universal titles.
- Colón and Konnan defeated Thunder and Lightning on May 26, 2002 to capture the WWC World Tag Team titles in Caguas.
- Colón beat Konnan on November 23, 2002 in Las Piedras, Puerto Rico to regain the WWC Universal title.
- On May 31, 2002, Colón defeated Sabu for his seventh WWC Universal title.
- In June 2003, Colón signed a developmental contract with WWE.
- On June 14, 2003, Colón defeated Bronco to claim the held up WWC Universal title.
- On August 21, 2004, Colón defeated his brother Eddie in Caguas.
- In late August 2004, WWE called up Colón to the Smackdown brand.
- At the October 5, 2004 “Smackdown” taping in Boston, MA, Colón debuted as Carlito Caribbean Cool and defeated John Cena for the United States title.
- At Judgment Day ’05, Cool defeated The Big Show.
- On the June 20, 2005 edition of “Raw” in Phoenix, AZ, Carlito was drafted to “Raw” by Eric Bischoff, and then pinned Shelton Benjamin for the Intercontinental title.
- At Vengeance ’05, Carlito defeated Benjamin in the re-match to retain the IC title.
- On November 5, 2005, Carlito defeatd Shane at WWC’s 32nd Anniversary show in Bayamon, Puerto Rico.
- At Backlash ’06, Carlito defeated Chris Masters.
- On August 12, 2006 in Bayamon, Carlito did a Cabana with WWC’s Victor Jovica, and later defeated Sean Waltman in the show’s main event.
- Carlito defeated Scott Hall on July 13, 2007 in San Juan, Puerto Rico in the main event of WWC’s 34th Anniversary show.
- Carlito defeated The Sandman in a “Singapore Cane” match at the 2007 Great American Bash.
- On June 25, 2008, Carlito was drafted to the Smackdown roster during the Supplemental draft.
- On September 21, 2008, Carlito and his brother Primo Colón defeated Curt Hawkins and Zach Ryder in Columbus, Ohio to capture the WWE Tag Team titles.
- Before Wrestlemania 25 went live, The Colóns (Carlito and Primo) defeated John Morrison and The Miz in a Lumberjack match to unify the WWE Tag Team Championship and World Tag Team Championship in Houston, TX.
- On April 15, 2009, The Colóns were drafted in the Supplemental draft to the Raw roster.
- Carlito was released by WWE in May 2010 for a Wellness policy violation.