Real name: Shelton Benjamin
Weight: 245 lbs.
Date of birth: July 9, 1976
From: Orangeburg, SC
Pro debut: 2000
Trained by: OVW
Finishing move: T-Bone
– In high school, Benjamin achieved an impressive 122-10 record in Orangeburg, SC, and claimed state champions as a heavyweight in 1993 and 1994.
– At Lessen Community College in Suisunville, CA, Benjamin was a Junior College national place-winner in 1995, and a JC national champion in 1996.
– After graduating from college, Benjamin served as an assistant coach in wrestling, and often trained with Brock Lesnar.
– Benjamin was recruited by the University of Minnesota, and in 1998, posted an outstanding 36-6 record with 12 pins.
– Upon signing a WWF developmental deal, Benjamin was assigned to Ohio Valley Wrestling for further training and development.
– Benjamin formed a tag team with Lesnar called the Minnesota Stretching Crew.
– On February 13, 2001, the Minnesota Stretching Crew defeated Disciples of Synn (B.J. Payne and Damian) for the OVW Tag Team title in Louisville, KY.
– Prior to the May 15, 2001 “Smackdown” taping in Louisville, the Minnesota Stretching Crew again defeated the Disciples of Synn to regain the OVW Southern Tag Team title.
– In July 2001, the Minnesota Stretching Crew vacated the OVW Tag Team title due to an injury suffered by Benjamin. The title remained vacant until October 29, 2001. Benjamin and Lesnar defeated Rico Constantino and the Prototype (John Cena) to claim their third OVW Tag Team title.
– On July 17, 2002, Benjamin and Redd Dogg Begnaud (Rodney Mack) beat Trailer Park Trash and Flash (Flanagan) for the OVW Southern Tag Team title.
– On the December 26, 2002 edition of “Smackdown,” Benjamin arrived with Charlie Haas in the formation of Team Angle.
– Team Angle defeated Edge and Chris Benoit on the January 30, 2003 edition of “Smackdown” to earn a WWE Tag Team title shot.
– At the February 4, 2003 “Smackdown” taping in Philadelphia, PA, Team Angle defeated Los Guerreros to capture the WWE World Tag Team title.
– At Wrestlemania XIX in Seattle, WA, Team Angle successfully defended the WWE World Tag Team title against Los Guerreros and Chris Benoit and Rhyno in a three way match.
– Team Angle defeated Los Guerreros to retain the WWE World Tag Team title at the 2003 Backlash PPV.
– On the June 12, 2003 edition of “Smackdown,” Benjamin and Haas had a falling out with Kurt Angle.
– At the July 1, 2003 “Smackdown” taping in Rochester, NY, Benjamin and Haas defeated Eddy Guerrero and Tajiri to regain the WWE World Tag Team title.
– On July 17, 2003, Benjamin and Haas defeated Rhyno and Chris Benoit in Yokohama, Japan to retain the WWE Tag Team title.
– At Vengeance ’03 in Denver, CO, Benjamin and Haas successfully defended the WWE Tag Team title against Rey Mysterio Jr. and Billy Kidman.
– Benjamin and Haas were voted Pro Wrestling Illustrated’s Tag Team of the Year for 2003.
– At No Way Out ’04, Benjamin and Haas defeated the APA.
– Benjamin was “drafted” by Eric Bischoff to join the “Raw” roster on the March 22, 2004 edition of “Raw,” splitting up the World’s Greatest Tag Team.
– In his first “Raw” match, Benjamin shocked the wrestling world by upsetting Triple H.
– At Backlash 2004, Benjamin defeated Ric Flair.
– At Taboo Tuesday in Milwaukee, WI, Benjamin received a IC title match due to fans voting of wwe.com, and defeated Chris Jericho to capture the Intercontinental title.
– Benjamin defeated Christian at the 2004 Survivor Series to successfully retain the IC title.
– Benjamin pinned Maven twice at the New Year’s Revolution PPV to retain the IC title.
– At Backlash ’05, Benjamin defeated Jericho to retain the IC title.
– At Unforgiven ’05, Benjamin beat Kerwin White.
– Benjamin ended a losing streak at the 2006 New Year’s Revolution by pinning Viscera with his “mother” at ring side.
– On the February 20, 2006 episode of Raw in Trenton, NJ, Benjamin defeated Ric Flair to regain the Intercontinental title.
– Benjamin won a Texas Tornado match by pinning Rob Van Dam on the May 15, 2006 edition of “Raw” to regain the Intercontinental title in Lubbock, TX.
– In November 2007, Benjamin was moved from the Raw brand to the ECW roster.
– Benjamin was voted the 2007 GERWECK.NET Most Underutilized wrestler of the year.
– Benjamin was drafted to the Smackdown roster on June 25, 2008 in the Supplemental draft.
– At the 2008 Great American Bash in Long Island, NY, Benjamin defeated Matt Hardy to capture the United States title.
– Prior to the live Cyber Sunday PPV on October 26, 2008, Benjamin defeated R-Truth to retain the U.S. title.
– At the 2008 Survivor Series, Team Orton (Orton, Benjamin, William Regal, Cody Rhodes, and Mark Henry) defeated Team Batista (Batista, CM Punk, Kofi Kingston, Matt Hardy, and R-Truth).
– On June 29, 2009, Benjamin was traded to Smackdown.
– Benjamin was released by WWE on April 22, 2010.
– On April 1, 2011, Benjamin and Haas defeated the Kings of Wrestling in Atlanta, GA to capture the ROH tag team titles.
– At ROH’s Best in the World iPPV, Benjamin and Haas defeated Mark & Jay Briscoe, The All Night Express and Chris Hero & Claudio Castagnoli to retain the tag team titles.
– At ROH’s Death Before Dishonor, Benjamin defeated Mike Bennett.
– In July 2016, Benjamin agreed to return to WWE, and was assigned to Smackdown live.