Aug 29, 2009 - by Steve Gerweck
Real name: Oscar Gutierrez
Weight: 165 lbs.
Date of birth: December 12, 1974
Hometown: San Diego, CA
Pro debut: April 30, 1989
Trained by: Rey Misterio Sr.
Finishing move: 619
– Gonzales started wrestling at the age of fifteen. He debuted in California under the name of Colibra and faced Shamu.
– On October 28, 1992, Misterio Jr. captured the Comision de Box y Lucha Libre Mexico D.F. National Welterweight title from Fantasma de la Quebrada.
– Volador, Misterioso, and Misterio Jr. defeated Tony Arce, Vulcano, and Rocco Valente at AAA’s TripleMania before 50,000 fans in Mexico City.
– At TripleMania II in April 1994, Rey Misterio Sr., Misterio Jr., and Winners beat Arce, Vulcano, and Rocco Valente.
– Misterio Jr. defeated Juventud Guerrera for the WWA (World Wrestling Assocation) World Lightweight title on November 30, 1994.
– In 1995, Misterio Sr. and Jr. defeated Villano IV and V for the WWA World Tag Team title.
– On April 14, 1995, Octagon, Misterio Jr. and Super Muneco captured the Comision de Box y Lucha Libre Mexico D.F. National Trios title in Mexico City.
– Misterio Jr. pinned Psicosis on September 22, 1995, for the WWA Welterweight title in Mexico City.
– After dropping the WWA Welterweight title back to Psicosis, Mistero Jr. re-claimed it one night later in Tijuana.
– Misterio Jr. defeated Psicosis in a “Mexican Death” match at ECW’s November to Remember ’95.
– At ECW’s House Party ’96, 911 and Misterio Jr. beat The Eliminators when Misterio pinned Perry Saturn.
– On June 1, 1996 at the World Wrestling Peace Festival in Los Angeles, Mistero Jr. and the Ultimo Dragon defeated Heavy Metal and Psicosis.
– On June 16, 1996, Misterio Jr. once again pinned Guerrera for the WWA Lightweight title in Queretearo, Mexico.
– At the 1996 Bash at the Beach for WCW, Mysterio Jr. pinned Psicosis.
– Mysterio Jr. defeated Dean Malenko for the WCW Cruiserweight title on July 8, 1996 in Orlando, FL.
– Misterio Jr. defeated Guerrera at TripleMania IV – C on July 15, 1996.
– On July 20, 1996, Misterio Jr. defeated Guerrera for the WWA Welterweight title in Tokyo, Japan.
– Mysterio Jr. pinned Psicosis at the Crush Night in Osaka, Japan on October 11, 1996.
– At Spring Stampede ’97, Mysterio Jr. defeated the Ultimo Dragon.
– Mysterio Jr. pinned Eddy Guerrero to win the WCW Cruiserweight title in a “mask vs. title” match at the 1997 Halloween Havoc.
– On January 15, 1998, Mysterio Jr. pinned Guerrera for his third WCW Cruiserweight title in Lakeland, FL.
– At SuperBrawl IX, Konnan and Mysterio Jr. lost a mask vs. hair match to the Outsiders. As a result, Rey was forced to remove his sacred mask.
– Mysterio Jr. defeated Kidman on the March 15, 1999 episode of “Nitro” for the WCW Cruiserweight title.
– Two weeks after defeating Kidman for the Cruiserweight title, Mysterio Jr. and Kidman teamed up to defeat Chris Benoit and Dean Malenko for the WCW World Tag Team title on the Toronto “Nitro.”
– On April 26, 1999, Mysterio Jr. won his fifth WCW Cruiserweight title from Psicosis in Fargo, ND.
– Konnan, Mysterio, Jr., Guerrero, and Kidman formed the Filthy Animals.
– Mysterio Jr., Kidman, and Guerrero beat Vampiro and the Insane Clown Posse at Road Wild ’99.
– The Filthy Animals won the six man tag rematch at Fall Brawl ’99.
– Konnan and Mysterio Jr. won the WCW World Tag Team title from Harlem Heat on October 18, 1999 in Philadelphia, PA. The team was stripped of the title due to Mysterio’s knee injury that required surgery.
– Mysterio Jr., Konnan, Kidman, and a new member, Juventud Guerrera, reformed the Filthy Animals on the May 8, 2000 episode of “Nitro.” Kidman was replaced by the Disco Inferno.
– On August 14, 2000, Mysterio Jr. and Guerrera defeated The Great Muta and Vampiro for the WCW World Tag Team title on “Nitro.”
– Due to the Disco Inferno’s loss to “The Cat” Ernest Miller on the September 18, 2000 “Nitro,” Mysterio Jr. and Guerrera were stripped of the WCW World Tag Team title.
– At Mayhem 2000 in Milwaukee, WI, the Filthy Animals (Mysterio and Kidman) defeated Alex Wright and Kronic in a handicap match.
– On the February 5, 2001 episode of “Nitro,” Mysterio (under a mask and alias of El NÃƒÆ’no) defeated Chavo Guerrero Jr. in a non-title cruiserweight match.
– On the final “Nitro” on TNT, Mysterio and Kidman defeated Elix Skipper and Kid Romeo for the WCW Cruiserweight Tag Team title in Panama City, FL.
– On January 6, 2002, Misterio pinned Eddie ColÃ³n for the WWC (World Wrestling Council) Junior Heavyweight title in Caguas, Puerto Rico.
– In May 2002, Misterio agreed to terms with join WWE.
– Mysterio Jr. made his WWE television debut on the July 25, 2002 edition of “Smackdown” by defeating Chavo Guerrero Jr.
– At the November 5, 2002 “Smackdown” taping in Manchester, NH, Mysterio Jr. and Edge defeated Chris Benoit and Kurt Angle to capture the WWE Tag Team title.
– On December 5, 2002, Mysterio had his knee scoped by Dr. James Andrews in Birmingham, AL.
– Mysterio Jr. defeated Matt Hardy at the June 3, 2003 “Smackdown” taping in Anaheim, CA.
– On November 14, 2003, Mysterio Jr. and La Parka defeated Negro Casas and Nicho in Tijuana.
– At the December 30, 2003 “Smackdown” taping in Laredo, TX, Mysterio Jr. defeated Tajiri to capture the WWE Cruiserweight title.
– At the 2004 Royal Rumble, Mysterio Jr. defeated Jamie Noble to retain the Cruiserweight title.
– Mysterio Jr. and Rob Van Dam defeated the Dudley Boyz at the 2004 Judgment Day PPV.
– At the June 15, 2004 “Smackdown” television taping, Mysterio Jr. defeated Chavo Guerrero Sr. to regain the WWE Cruiserweight title in Chicago, IL.
– At the 2004 Great American Bash, Mysterio Jr. defeated Guerrero Jr. to successfully defend the Cruiserweight title.
– Mysterio Jr. and Van Dam defeated Kenzo Suzuki and Rene Dupree at the December 7, 2004 “Smackdown” taping in Greenville, SC to capture the WWE Tag Team title.
– On December 10, 2004 in Tijuana, Mysterio Jr., Konnan, Blue Demon Jr. and Inferno defeated Halloween, Damian 666, Nicho and Rey Misterio Sr.
– At Armageddon ’04, Mysterio Jr. Van Dam successfully defended the WWE Tag Team Title against Dupree and Suzuki.
– At No Way Out ’05 in Pittsburgh, PA, Mysterio Jr. and Eddy Guerrero defeated the Bashams Brothers to capture the WWE Tag Team Title.
– Mysterio Jr. defeated tag team parter Eddy Guerrero at Wrestlemania 21 in Los Angeles, CA.
– At ECW’s One Night Stand PPV, Mysterio Jr. defeated an unmasked Psicosis.
– At the 2005 Great American Bash PPV, Mysterio Jr. again pinned Eddy Guerrero.
– Mysterio Jr. defeated Guerrero at the 2005 Summerslam in a ladder match when son’s Dominick custody papers placed in a brief case suspended from the ceiling of the MCI Center in Washington, D.C.
– Mysterio Jr. and Matt Hardy defeated Gene Snitsky (subbing for Edge) and Chris Masters at the 2005 Taboo Tuesay PPV.
– At the December 13, 2005 Smackdown tapings in Springfield, MA, Mysterio Jr. and Batisa defeated MNM for the WWE Tag Team title.
– Mysterio Jr. won the 2006 Royal Rumble battle royal in Miami, FL lasting over sixty two minutes, and entering the Rumble as #2.
– At Wrestlemania 22 in Chicago, IL, Mysterio defeated Kurt Angle and Randy Orton to capture the World Heavyweight title.
– Mysterio defeated JBL at the 2006 Judgment Day to retain the World Heavyweight title.
– At No Mercy ’06, Mysterio defeated Chavo Guerrero Jr. in a “falls count anywhere” match at No Mercy 2006.
– Mysterio returned to action following knee surgery at Summerslam ’07, and defeated Chavo Guerrero.
– At Cyber Sunday ’07, Mysterio defeated Finlay in a “stretcher” match.
– As a result of Triple H beating Mark Henry on Raw, Mysterio was drafted to the the Raw roster on June 23, 2008.
– At Cyber Sunday ’08, Mysterio defeated Kane in a “no holds barred” match.
– At Survivor Series ’08, Team Michaels (Mysterio, Shawn Michaels, Cryme Tyme, and The Great Khali) defeated Team JBL (John “Bradshaw” Layfield, Kane, Montel Vontavious Porter and John Morrison and The Miz).
– Mysterio defeated JBL in 21 seconds at Wrestlemania 25 in Houston, TX to capture the Intercontinental title.
– At Judgment Day ’09, Mysterio defeated Chris Jericho to retain the Intercontinental championship.
– At The Bash, Mysterio defeated Jericho in a title vs. mask match to capture the Intercontinental title in Sacramento, CA.
– Mysterio defeated Dolph Ziggler at the 2009 Night of Champions to retain the IC title.
– At Summerslam ’09, Mysterio again defeated Ziegler to retain the IC championship.
– At Wrestlemania 26, Mysterio defeated CM Punk.
– At Fatal Four Way on June 20, 2010, Mysterio defeated CM Punk, Jack Swagger and The Big Show to capture the WWE championship.
– On April 25, 2011, Mysterio was drafted to the Raw roster.
– On July 25, 2011 in Hampton, VA, Mysterio defeated The Miz in a tournament final match to win the WWE championship.
– At Summerslam ’11, Mysterio, John Morrison, and Kofi Kingston defeated The Miz, R-Truth, and Alberto Del Rio.
– In late 2011, Mysterio suffered an injury. Whilst injured, he was suspended for his second Wellness Policy violation. All-in, this caused him to miss nearly a year of action.
– On July 16, 2012, Mysterio returned to action, saving Zack Ryder from an attack by Alberto Del Rio.
– In late 2012, Mysterio began teaming with Sin Cara.
– At Hell In A Cell ’12, Mysterio & Sin Cara defeated The Prime Time Players (Darren Young & Titus O’Neil).
– At Survivor Series ’12, Mysterio, Sin Cara, Brodus Clay, Justin Gabriel & Tyson Kidd defeated Darren Young, Titus O’Neil, Primo, Epico & Tensai in an Elimination Match.
– In early 2013, Mysterio suffered a knee injury and would be sidelined for 8 months.
– Shortly after WrestleMania 30, Mysterio suffered yet another injury.
– In late 2014, it was reported that Mysterio was unhappy with his position in WWE, and wanted to leave the company.
– Mysterio appeared on the video screen at AAA TripleMania 2014.
– In early 2015, Mysterio departed WWE.