Aug 28, 2009 - by Steve Gerweck
Real name: Randy Keith Orton
Weight: 265 lbs.
Born: April 1, 1980
From: St. Louis, MO
Pro debut: 2000
Trained by: OVW
Finishing move: RKO
- On St. Valentine’s Day 2001, Orton defeated Mr. Black in for the NWA Ohio Valley Wrestling Hardcore title.
- Orton defeated Flash Flanagan for the OVW Hardcore title in Jeffersonville, IN on May 5, 2001.
- In his WWF television debut on the April 25, 2001 episode of “Smackdown,” Orton defeated Hardcore Holly in a try out match ordered by Vince McMahon.
- In a bit of a surprise, the Undertaker defended the WWE title against Orton on the May 30, 2001 edition of “Smackdown.”
- At the Fourth Annual Brian Pillman Memorial show on August 9, 2001, Orton defeated the Prototype (John Cena).
- Orton was named Pro Wrestling Illustrated’s 2001 Rookie of the Year.
- Orton and Mark Henry defeated D-Von Dudley and Batista on August 10, 2002 in Melbourne, Australia.
- Orton abruptly jumped from the Smackdown roster to the Raw brand on September 23, 2002. In his “Raw” debut, Orton defeated Steven Richards.
- In January 2003, Orton joined Triple H and Batista in the formation of a new faction.
- At Unforgiven ’03, Orton defeated Shawn Michaels.
- At the 2003 Survivor Series, Team Bischoff (Orton, Scott Steiner, Christian, Chris Jericho, and Mark Henry) defeated Team Austin (Booker T, Shawn Michaels, Rob Van Dam, and the Dudley Boyz).
- On December 14, 2003, Orton (with Ric Flair in his corner) defeated Van Dam to capture the Intercontinental title at the Armageddon PPV in Orlando, FL.
- On February 5, 2004, Orton defeated Van Dam in Hiroshima, Japan to retain the IC title.
- At Wrestlemania XX in New York, NY, Evolution (Orton, Batista, and Flair) defeated Mick Foley and The Rock.
- At Backlash ’04, Orton defeated Cactus Jack in a “hardcore match” to retain the Intercontinental title.
- Orton successfully defended the IC title at Bad Blood 2004 against Shelton Benjamin.
- At Summerslam ’04 in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, Orton beat Chris Benoit to win the World Heavyweight title.
- At Taboo Tuesday, Orton defeated Ric Flair in a “steel cage” match.
- Team Orton (Orton, Benoit, Chris Jerico, and Maven) defeated Team Triple H (Triple H, Batista, Gene Snitsky, and Edge) at the 2004 Survivor Series.
- On the June 16, 2005 edition of “Smackdown,” Orton was the second pick in the 2005 draft lottery.
- Orton defeated The Undertaker at the 2005 Summerslam when his father Bob Orton Jr. (dressed as an old man) distracted the “dead man.”
- The Orton’s (Bob and Randy) defeated The Undertaker at the 2005 No Mercy PPV in a handicap casket match.
- At the 2005 Survivor Series, Orton pinned Shawn Michaels to allow Team Smackdown to defeated Team Raw.
- Orton defeated Rey Mysterio Jr. at the 2006 No Way Out PPV to win Rey’s Wrestlemania world title shot he had earned by winning the Royal Rumble.
- In April 2006, Orton was suspended for 60 days for “unprofessional behavior.”
- Orton to WWE television on the June 5, 2006 edition of “Raw,” and gave Kurt Angle a RKO. Two nights later, Orton declared himself a Raw superstar.
- At Vengeance ’06, Orton defeated Kurt Angle.
- At Unforgiven ’06, Orton defeated Carlito.
- Orton and Edge defeated DX (Triple H and Shawn Michaels) at Cyber Sunday ’06. Eric Bischoff served as the special guest referee.
- At the November 13, 2006 Raw/ECW tapings in Manchester, England, Edge and Randy Orton defeated Roddy Piper and Ric Flair to capture the World Tag Team titles.
- Orton defeated Shawn Michaels via a referee stoppage at Judgment Day ’07.
- Orton beat Dusty Rhodes in a “Texas Bull Rope” match at the 2007 Great American Bash.
- At No Mercy ’07 in Chicago, IL, Orton was awarded the WWE title (due to John Cena’s injury) by Vince McMahon. Orton lost the title to Triple H in the opening match at No Mercy, but regained it in the main event in a “last man standing” match.
- Orton successfully defended the WWE title against Shawn Michaels at the 2007 Survivor Series.
- Orton defeated Jeff Hardy at the 2008 Royal Rumble to retain the WWE championship.
- At Wrestlemania XXIV, Orton defeated Triple H and John Cena to retain the WWE title.
- At the 2008 Survivor Series, Team Orton (Orton, Shelton Benjamin, William Regal, Cody Rhodes, and Mark Henry) defeated Team Batista (Batista, CM Punk, Kofi Kingston, Matt Hardy, and R-Truth).
- At No Way Out ’09, Orton defeated Shane McMahon in a “no holds barred” match.
- Orton won the WWE championship at Backlash ’09 in Providence, RI when Legacy (himself, Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase Jr.) defeated Triple H, Batista, and Shane McMahon.
- After dropping the WWE title to Batista at Extreme Rules ’09, Orton regained the vacant title (due to Batista’s injury) by defeated John Cena, Triple H and The Big Show in Charlotte, NC.
- At The Bash, Orton defeated Triple H in a “three stages of hell” match to remain WWE champion.
- At Night of Champions ’09, Orton defeated Triple H and John Cena to retain the WWE championship.
- Orton defeated Cena to remain WWE champion at Summerslam ’09.
- At Hell in a Cell ’09, Orton defeated Cena in a “Hell in a Cell” match.
- At TLC, Orton defeated Kofi Kingston.
- Orton defeated Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase at Wrestlemania 26.
- At the Hell in a Cell ’10, Orton defeated Sheamus in a Hell in a Cell match.
- At Wrestlemania 27, Orton defeated CM Punk.
- On April 25, 2011, Orton was drafted to Smackdown.
- At the May 3, 2011 Smackdown taping in Orlando, FL, Orton pinned Christian for the World Heavyweight title.
- At WWE Over the Limit, Orton defeated Christian.
- Orton again defeated Christian at the 2011 Capitol Punishment PPV.
- At Summerslam ’11 in Los Angeles, CA, Orton defeated Randy Orton to regain the World Heavyweight championship.
- At TLC ’11, Orton defeated Wade Barrett in a tables match.
- At Extreme Rules ’12, Orton defeated Kane in a “falls count anywhere” match.
- Orton defeated Dolph Ziggler at Night of Champions ’12.